Should they eliminate JH Football????

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Should they eliminate JH Football????

Post by greygoose »

farmer8 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 pm
comebacker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 pm

There is an all out attack on the sport. I hate to see it happen but IMO the liberals are winning and eventually small school DIV 6 & 7 football will start to die be of low numbers like belpre fed hock and southern are now
Wow this post is stupid. You are a dumb ass.
why are you saying curse words???????
Why aren't you stating why you started this topic or at least add something to it and avoiding my question?? You start a topic with THOUGHTS??? and go on to not even add, who, what, why, where and your own opinion.

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

greygoose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Wow this post is stupid. You are a dumb ass.
Why aren't you stating why you started this topic or at least add something to it and avoiding my question?? You start a topic with THOUGHTS??? and go on to not even add, who, what, why, where and your own opinion.
Backoff man. We're all just here because we enjoy discussing this stuff and seeing what others have to say. Don't ruin this for everyone else

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

comebacker wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:42 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Backoff man. We're all just here because we enjoy discussing this stuff and seeing what others have to say. Don't ruin this for everyone else
It's ok man, I can ask what a persons thoughts are on a subject they posted. Curious if a school is trying to do away with JH football. Especially given you haven't offered anything to the subject. :roll: Didn't realize that someone can ask everyone's thoughts on a subject but provide no insight and if asking what they're insight on it is a problem then by all means don't click the subject.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

If you ask me this thread was started and being continued by a bunch of commie kickball lovers. No good American in their right mind would want this. This is worse than kneeling during the National Anthem. That said, CB seems like a douchebag to me.

Tcat1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tcat1 »

Trimble had to pick up multiple games this year because of mid season in the league cancellations. The Hocking Division Jr. High competition level is very sad. With that said, time will take care of this issue. Kids will eventually come through and even out the competition. Never give up on football! Too many life lessons that kids carry on forever.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Tcat1 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:46 pm Trimble had to pick up multiple games this year because of mid season in the league cancellations. The Hocking Division Jr. High competition level is very sad. With that said, time will take care of this issue. Kids will eventually come through and even out the competition. Never give up on football! Too many life lessons that kids carry on forever.
NY had to pick up several 7th grade games this year because of cancellations.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Tcat1 and O and B I hope you guys are right and this year was an anomaly but, I fear it isn't.

A lot of the schools in the Hocking have lost a bunch of kids and I wonder if it ever bounces back?

It is out of our hands so to speak so lets hope for the best but I think both of your schools will have to be flexible to fill out your JH schedules.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I would suggest taking a walk down the hallways of Jackson Middle School Gymnasium and after looking at the walls ask yourself if you think that program is going to be eliminated.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

fortdawg wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 am Tcat1 and O and B I hope you guys are right and this year was an anomaly but, I fear it isn't.

A lot of the schools in the Hocking have lost a bunch of kids and I wonder if it ever bounces back?

It is out of our hands so to speak so lets hope for the best but I think both of your schools will have to be flexible to fill out your JH schedules.
What school are you from?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

fortdawg wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 am Tcat1 and O and B I hope you guys are right and this year was an anomaly but, I fear it isn't.

The year before we had a Combined team and this past year we had enough for 2 teams.
This season the Bucks should have 2 teams again. It's definitely a struggle at the Jr high level in Southeastern Ohio.
Even schools that have both 7th and 8th grade teams, they struggle to find games because so many have combined teams.
I'm hoping that regional Championship will bring a few more kids out to play at the Jr high level.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

LHS 72 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:49 pm
moonshine wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 am
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 am It's all BS. Eastern has a really good JH program. Belpre's numbers are down in every sport. It's a dying community more than it is anything else. FH hasn't won a game in what, 3 years. No wonder their numbers are down. And it is a liberal thing. They love soccer, and want to get rid of our game to replace it with that one.
Soccer is one of the problems with Logan's Football program, Taking away some skilled position kids on the varsity level! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nelsonville-York does not have soccer and they made the playoffs!
Wheelersburg has a very successful soccer program and WON THE STATE TITLE! just sayin' ;)

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Why would anyone want to cancel it , its a 100% guarantee of how the HS team will be ??

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 am It's all BS. Eastern has a really good JH program. Belpre's numbers are down in every sport. It's a dying community more than it is anything else. FH hasn't won a game in what, 3 years. No wonder their numbers are down. And it is a liberal thing. They love soccer, and want to get rid of our game to replace it with that one.
Soccer is one of the problems with Logan's Football program, Taking away some skilled position kids on the varsity level! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Logan had around 55 boys out for football. The soccer team counting JV might have had 30 that makes 85 boys. 425 boys left...so what do they do. Just think how much better the basketball team and wrestling would be if we didn't have the bowling team. LOL

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:45 pm
Logan had around 55 boys out for football. The soccer team counting JV might have had 30 that makes 85 boys. 425 boys left...so what do they do. Just think how much better the basketball team and wrestling would be if we didn't have the bowling team. LOL
Darn Bowling!
Always taking kids away from other sports!
:lol:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:47 pm
LHS 72 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Nelsonville-York does not have soccer and they made the playoffs!
Wheelersburg has a very successful soccer program and WON THE STATE TITLE! just sayin' ;)
And Burg is a smaller school than Logan. Try another avenue for Logan’s demise as of late.

Tcat1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tcat1 »

We’re talking about smaller schools. I’m speaking about the TVC Hocking. The Burg and Logan will be fine. D7 schools in our area may start to have issues in the near future.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

My 2 cents...

I loved playing Junior High football.....I was 5' 10" 170 pounds and I could outrun most, if not all, players...

I was responsible for multiple injuries to other players.....legal hits...

However, my body - mostly my brain - is paying the price for playing from the age of 7 until college.

The brain was not made to take that type of punishment through repetitve contact over time.

CTE (ChronicTraumatic Encephalopathy) is real. Dozens of studies are taking place that will eventually provide evidence to stop full contact football before a certain age. A football player can get CTE without having played college or pro football. CTE is about repetitve blows not just the force of impact of a college or pro player.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

This segment was on 60 Minutes tonight:

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/impact/

CTE is real.....and not just in NFL players and veterans...

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

Phoenix31 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 am My 2 cents...

I loved playing Junior High football.....I was 5' 10" 170 pounds and I could outrun most, if not all, players...

However, my body - mostly my brain - is paying the price for playing from the age of 7 until college.

The brain was not made to take that type of punishment through repetitve contact over time.

CTE (ChronicTraumatic Encephalopathy) is real. Dozens of studies are taking place that will eventually provide evidence to stop full contact football before a certain age. A football player can get CTE without having played college or pro football. CTE is about repetitve blows not just the force of impact of a college or pro player.
im a lost of words right now all i got too say is wow.....

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
coonhunter
Waterboy

Post by coonhunter »

Phoenix31 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 am My 2 cents...

Your post is LAUGHABLE... YOU are the reason less and less kids are playing now a days

Return to “Football”