2018 Warren Warriors Football Outlook

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Re: Warren getting a new football coach?

Post by Rutterkickballer »

The smart money is on Kevin Welsh to make a triumphant return

TOESTUBBER01
Riding the Bench

Post by TOESTUBBER01 »

the rumor I hear is they are looking at a guy that is currently coaching assistant at a college that is in his early 30's. Time will tell. Wish them best of luck. Hope they get someone that can relate to the kids and get them excited.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

TOESTUBBER01 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 am the rumor I hear is they are looking at a guy that is currently coaching assistant at a college that is in his early 30's. Time will tell. Wish them best of luck. Hope they get someone that can relate to the kids and get them excited.
There are some assistants at schools in the surrounding area that would be good HC's. But the trick will be getting anyone to come in knowing they have an uphill battle fighting basketball and several years of awful football.

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

Buford T Rutter wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:31 pm I thought it was a steal to get a guy with professional athletic background to run the show and now I hear the school has decided to move on. What gives?

Here is my short list of who they should be approaching:

Jerry Springer - he did wonders at Fed Hock. Does he have any gas left in the tank?

Jon Gruden - this job is about like tennessee. Could it be enough?

Rick Pitino - Maybe he could get permission to use the basketball players. Plus i would like to see some new adidas uniforms.

koondogger - that guy can run a program. Our JH wouldnt be the same without him. Can he do it at the varsity level?
Cant believe you left Duck off the list even though he ganked us and now works with his boy at nelsonvile

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

get a football guy first and four most

they have Ben playing like the reel warriors got sent on the trail of tear and this is all that is left

get a football guy to teach low pad level grit and will run a fullback dive sixtytwo times a game and president Harding will be back bay bay

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

I’d say temporarily do away with the football program. As far as fall is concerned, soccer is king at Warren and it has been for 10 plus years. There is a different demographic in the Warren district than there was 15-25 years ago. It’s not as blue collar as it use to be. There are more residents with professional backgrounds these days. Less chemical, power plant workers. With those blue collar jobs there was, more often than not, a love for football. A lot of people have moved in the Warren district that are first generation residents and they brought soccer with them. Clearly, axing the program sounds ludicrous but the football culture at WHS been bad for years and with the current situation I don’t see any end in sight. It’s tough to see the kids struggle so badly. I believe they have had one winning season since 1999 or 2000 and they ran that coach out (Pifer). There is an issue when a school of Warren’s size has only a handful of kids show up for weightlifting sessions. Sure, you might have 3-4 kids that really enjoy the game and put in time but that sure won’t translate into success. Obviously, the program will not be axed. So in my opinion, non-renew every coach that has been associated with the program within the last few years. You have to totally eliminate the common denominators. Do a total re-haul. Nothing personal against the coaches (there are some really nice guys) but clearly they need a group of coaches that can be transformative. They need to bring back alumni that are passionate about the game and infuse a sense of pride within the kids, whether it be a special speaking session or an alumni coach that had success (wins) at the school as a player. Players like Justin Frye, Chad Canfield, Shawn Taylor, Todd Castin, Jeremy Thomas, The hendricks boys, Brad Venham, Wes McGlumphy, Brett Riffey, etc. Also, bring in some former OU, OSU, WVu, and Marshall guys once or twice a year. Kids are impressionable, bring someone in that inspires and impresses them. Iron sharpens iron. In other words, your less likely to see program success unless the coaches have had previous success.

Warrior91
Waterboy

2018 Warren Warriors Football Outlook

Post by Warrior91 »

What do the Warriors have coming back for 2018? Please post projected roster schedule, and outlook and keep this thread going throughout the football season.

What’s the thoughts on next years football at Warren high school? Will they ever get that program turned around and what would be the keys for future success?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Warren Local football

Post by EasternDspy »

You got a schedule?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It's gonna take a while to turn Warren around.
The Football program has been a trainwreck for a long time.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:16 pm You got a schedule?
Vincent Warren
08/24 A The Plains Athens
08/31 H Marietta
09/07 A Point Pleasant (WV)
09/14 A Cambridge
09/21 H Belmont Union Local
09/29 H Crooksville
10/05 H New Cumberland Oak Glen (WV)
10/12 A Williamstown (WV)
10/19 H Albany Alexander
10/26 A Glen Dale John Marshall (WV)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren has all kinds of talent in their school. Just think most of it stays off the field.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

Not sure about rest of the schedule, but Cambridge will have a nice team. Returning QB from last year, but new Head Coach.

Union Local should be way down. Graduated a very senior heavy class. All OL/DL gone. Both RB's, two receivers, and TE all gone. They do return their QB, and like Cambridge, will have a new Head Coach.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Cambridge is supposedly out with Fort Frye on the schedule. This is according to Forts staff.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

rockcoach wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 am Cambridge is supposedly out with Fort Frye on the schedule. This is according to Forts staff.
I actually think they are going to play Cambridge and Fort is going to play Federal Hocking. Fort did try to get Warren back on.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

That's interesting since Forts coaches were preparing to play Warren.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Just found out today, Warren keeping Cambridge. People up here not real happy. Now having to find a game for that spot.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

rockcoach wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:30 am Just found out today, Warren keeping Cambridge. People up here not real happy. Now having to find a game for that spot.
Fort Frye still has a contract to play Federal Hocking.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:38 pm
rockcoach wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:30 am Just found out today, Warren keeping Cambridge. People up here not real happy. Now having to find a game for that spot.
Warren needs to give up on that ova league and play Morgan, Marietta, Belpre, Waterford, Federal Hocking, and Fort Frye

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:47 am
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:16 pm You got a schedule?
Vincent Warren
08/24 A The Plains Athens
08/31 H Marietta
09/07 A Point Pleasant (WV)
09/14 A Cambridge
09/21 H Belmont Union Local
09/29 H Crooksville
10/05 H New Cumberland Oak Glen (WV)
10/12 A Williamstown (WV)
10/19 H Albany Alexander
10/26 A Glen Dale John Marshall (WV)
What a horrible schedule. John Marshall and Oak Glen from WV. SMDH.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:46 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:38 pm
Warren needs to give up on that ova league and play Morgan, Marietta, Belpre, Waterford, Federal Hocking, and Fort Frye

They’d probably win 1 maybe 2 of those.

Return to “Football”