2018 River Football Outlook

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Re: Hannibal River Head Coaching Job

Post by OvGuy »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:32 pm
efarns wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:57 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 pm

They left the league for “ travel reasons” yet play every other team in the PVC. They left the league for “travel reasons “ but they come to Beverly for girls hoops. I don’t blame them for not wanting to play a team that’s 44-6 reg season in the last 5 years.
They had a winning record against Fort Frye in football. Also, the other PVC schools are much closer to them than Fort Frye is.

It’s not because of distance like I said they traveled to Reedsville instead of playing us. They play us in other sports.
Eastern came to River and that was only because they needed a place holder for one year as they waited for Bellaire week 1 to be open.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It was pretty competitive Series (4-5) well (3-6) if you count the forfeit. I just think the series would of been good for both teams. Fort Frye has had some of its best years in school history lately and it’s a shame these 2 never faced off.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:20 pm It was pretty competitive Series (4-5) well (3-6) if you count the forfeit. I just think the series would of been good for both teams. Fort Frye has had some of its best years in school history lately and it’s a shame these 2 never faced off.
It comes down to FF being an hour and a half away from River and Shadyside/Bellaire being 30-45 minutes away. Also add in the history and the community wanting and pushing for those games to be played and that is how it happens. If there was a storied past between FF and River instead of one of those two teams then I'm sure the roles would be reversed. In the area we are in no one runs scared because of competition since the majority are very similar, it comes down to things like that.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

IMO, Fort Frye already has enough smaller schools on the schedule. I'd rather see a TVC Ohio school or one of the smaller MVL schools than River. Honestly, who wants to drive to Hannibal?

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

eferns I agree. Would love to see NY and FF play. Ive heard NY reached out but FF would rather play Northridge that is 2 hours away.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

OvGuy wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:14 am Would be a fine career if he decides to hang up the whistle. But I'm hoping that doesn't happen. Rumor is an underclassman starting qb from another school could be transferring which I think would make it hard for him to call it quits if that happens.
Flannery's had a solid career at his alma mater following coach Snively. Would be surprised if entire staff followed him out the door.
Who's this QB transferring to River? And if you don't name names what school did he play for?

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Not sure of the name but he played for Ferry last season and one of his parents works at River. There was talk of a move closer to the school for the family.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Who dropped who? Shenandoah or River?

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:41 am Who dropped who? Shenandoah or River?
Shenandoah dropped River.

Going2Hanks
Waterboy

Post by Going2Hanks »

The egos out at Sarahsville are getting pretty high. Dropping River because of "wanting to up the competition". Credit where credit is due Shenandoah did pound River into the dirt in week two. Then went and took an L at M.C and Fort Frye. An 8-2 record isnt really a statement that your ready for "more competition"

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

footballfan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:36 pm eferns I agree. Would love to see NY and FF play. Ive heard NY reached out but FF would rather play Northridge that is 2 hours away.
Yea FF ducked the Buckeyes. Probably too physical, and too athletic. :mrgreen:

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Deez Nutz wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:18 pm
footballfan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:36 pm eferns I agree. Would love to see NY and FF play. Ive heard NY reached out but FF would rather play Northridge that is 2 hours away.
Yea FF ducked the Buckeyes. Probably too physical, and too athletic. :mrgreen:
Fort Frye don’t have an opening. Come on to physical lol

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

#1 We owe Northridge a trip to their place. They came to Beverly two yecars in a row.
#2 They have given Fort Frye their most competitive game for two years, so it doesn't necessarily upgrade anything to add your team. They beat Fort Frye by 6 in regulation at Beverly. It took your team overtime on a neutral site. Their record is paltry because of who they play.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Then NY and FF should play in 2019-2020 after FF makes a trip to Northridge. NY at FF in 2019 and FF at NY in 2020. Would be a great competitive series. EasternDspy and efarns you need to make this happen.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Last week, some guy tried to tell me The TVC doesn't want Fort Frye. I'd like him to find every thread someone in The TVC is begging to play our school. It's cute how bad you all want this.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

Coach Flannery is coming back next season.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

That's good news for the Pilots. Lot of new faces, some new opponents too. Maybe another playoff team?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2018 River Football Outlook

Post by mattash »

Numbers?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2018 River Football Outlook

Post by EasternDspy »

What is Rivers schedule like?