2018 River Football Outlook

Going2Hanks
Waterboy

2018 River Football Outlook

Post by Going2Hanks »

Its been rumored that Head Coach Mike Flannery is going to be retiring and his staff is also leaving with him. After a successful season and the graduation of Lukas Isaly it wouldn't be much of a surprise. Any idea of who would replace him? They would certainly be inheriting a 1st class facility.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Hannibal River Head Coaching Job

Post by EasternDspy »

I wonder if the new coach will dodge Fort Frye like Flannery?

Going2Hanks
Waterboy

Post by Going2Hanks »

Fort Frye dropped RIver. If Fort Frye wants to meet in Marietta sometime this winter, these guy would happily oblige

stokers
Waterboy

Post by stokers »

Welch

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Would be a fine career if he decides to hang up the whistle. But I'm hoping that doesn't happen. Rumor is an underclassman starting qb from another school could be transferring which I think would make it hard for him to call it quits if that happens.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Going2Hanks wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:53 pm Fort Frye dropped RIver. If Fort Frye wants to meet in Marietta sometime this winter, these guy would happily oblige
Wrong!

The year River left the PVC “ Because they didn’t want to make the trip to Beverly because of distance” Fort and River were supposed to play week 1 anyway even though they weren’t in the PVC anymore. Well River decided not to play that game because of travel. They then picked up Reedsville Eastern. River will play any PVC school but Fort Frye. I mean I saw that you guys played us in Beverly for girls hoops. It all comes down to River doesn’t want to play Fort in football or Boys Basketball.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:37 am
Going2Hanks wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:53 pm Fort Frye dropped RIver. If Fort Frye wants to meet in Marietta sometime this winter, these guy would happily oblige
Wrong!

The year River left the PVC “ Because they didn’t want to make the trip to Beverly because of distance” Fort and River were supposed to play week 1 anyway even though they weren’t in the PVC anymore. Well River decided not to play that game because of travel. They then picked up Reedsville Eastern. River will play any PVC school but Fort Frye. I mean I saw that you guys played us in Beverly for girls hoops. It all comes down to River doesn’t want to play Fort in football or Boys Basketball.
Why travel to Fort Frye when you can go to Shadyside in half the time and play a better team? I would have easily taken River over Fort Frye the past handful of years had they played.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OvGuy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:36 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:37 am
Wrong!

Why travel to Fort Frye when you can go to Shadyside in half the time and play a better team? I would have easily taken River over Fort Frye the past handful of years had they played.

In football? Fort would of smashed you this year. Fort stomped Shenandoah and River lost like 42-17. Also Shadyside got destroyed by Nelsonville and Fort lost them in OT. They were extra point from beating State bound Nelsonville.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

You are delusional almost to a comical level. River was two different teams at the beginning of the year and at the end of the year. Two freshman starting in the secondary, 15 new combined starters. Would Fort Frye beat them at the beginning? Maybe. At the end? absolutely not. Isaly was a Mr. Football finalist. I find it very hard to believe Fort Frye could contain him.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OvGuy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:44 pm You are delusional almost to a comical level. River was two different teams at the beginning of the year and at the end of the year. Two freshman starting in the secondary, 15 new combined starters. Would Fort Frye beat them at the beginning? Maybe. At the end? absolutely not. Isaly was a Mr. Football finalist. I find it very hard to believe Fort Frye could contain him.
Fort Frye had one of the best defenses in the state D6. I think they finished 6th in points per game. River got hot but looking at the scores I say Fort Frye and Nelsonville would of beat River. There is reason Fort Frye drilled Doah and Steubenville Central they were hot at the end of the season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

neutral field
[2017] Fort Frye (Beverly, OH) 31, [2017] River (Hannibal, OH) 17

Cal Preps has Fort a 14 point favorite.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shadyside beat River by 11 and they couldn’t even score on Nelsonville.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

IMO, Fort Frye would have been favored over The Pilots at any time during the season. That said, I highly doubt that River was "ducking" The Cadets for competitive reasons.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:10 pm IMO, Fort Frye would have been favored over The Pilots at any time during the season. That said, I highly doubt that River was "ducking" The Cadets for competitive reasons.
They left the league for “ travel reasons” yet play every other team in the PVC. They left the league for “travel reasons “ but they come to Beverly for girls hoops. I don’t blame them for not wanting to play a team that’s 44-6 reg season in the last 5 years.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

What's this thread about again??

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

greygoose wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 pm What's this thread about again??
Fort Frye being Gods at literally everything and opponents run and cower away from the mighty Cadets.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

HamPorter wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:50 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:06 pm What's this thread about again??
Fort Frye being Gods at literally everything and opponents run and cower away from the mighty Cadets.
Glad you can bring the insight

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 pm
efarns wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:10 pm IMO, Fort Frye would have been favored over The Pilots at any time during the season. That said, I highly doubt that River was "ducking" The Cadets for competitive reasons.
They left the league for “ travel reasons” yet play every other team in the PVC. They left the league for “travel reasons “ but they come to Beverly for girls hoops. I don’t blame them for not wanting to play a team that’s 44-6 reg season in the last 5 years.
They had a winning record against Fort Frye in football. Also, the other PVC schools are much closer to them than Fort Frye is.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:57 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 pm
They had a winning record against Fort Frye in football. Also, the other PVC schools are much closer to them than Fort Frye is.

It’s not because of distance like I said they traveled to Reedsville instead of playing us. They play us in other sports.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

You can't always get the game you want.

Return to “Football”