Re: 2018 Defending State Champs Wheelersburg Pirates Outlook

Post by Ironman92 »

Rushing 2799 yards
Receiving 3112 yards

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m going to try again and keep this to only football. How many players will Burg utilize within normal play during the game (not counting the kids that come in during the running clock) How many different kids will get meaningful downs on offense and defense combined? 25? 30? 35? 40? Thanks

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:44 pm I’m going to try again and keep this to only football. How many players will Burg utilize within normal play during the game (not counting the kids that come in during the running clock) How many different kids will get meaningful downs on offense and defense combined? 25? 30? 35? 40? Thanks
To early
I’ll Have to watch a couple scrimmages

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

fbnut wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:44 pm I’m going to try again and keep this to only football. How many players will Burg utilize within normal play during the game (not counting the kids that come in during the running clock) How many different kids will get meaningful downs on offense and defense combined? 25? 30? 35? 40? Thanks
To early
I’ll Have to watch a couple scrimmages
Certainly fair enough. How about last season...rough guess?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i know it's early and anything can happen but a couple of my northern ohio friends are already predicting a burg - eastwood rematch in the state finals. it wouldn't surprise me if it's a rematch

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:04 am i know it's early and anything can happen but a couple of my northern ohio friends are already predicting a burg - eastwood rematch in the state finals. it wouldn't surprise me if it's a rematch
If I remember right Eastwood started a bunch of seniors

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Eastwood loses a ton of players. They will have a hard time getting out of their region. So will burg for that matter, with Madison in their region. Madison returns that defensive line and their stud RB. They will give Burg fits. I think the state champion comes out of Region 20 this year. Burg or Madison.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

I agree woby, although Eastwood returns their stud running back, they will be hard pressed to replace something like (17?) seniors. After a couple years removed from the mix, I'm thinking Canton Central Catholic bursts back onto the scene. They will probably get in with a 6-4 record (potentially 5-5) but the brutal schedule they play will have them playoff ready. I think they make some noise this year along with the obvious picks in Burg and Madison. The state championship could potentially be played in the Region 20 Final.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:49 am I agree woby, although Eastwood returns their stud running back, they will be hard pressed to replace something like (17?) seniors. After a couple years removed from the mix, I'm thinking Canton Central Catholic bursts back onto the scene. They will probably get in with a 6-4 record (potentially 5-5) but the brutal schedule they play will have them playoff ready. I think they make some noise this year along with the obvious picks in Burg and Madison. The state championship could potentially be played in the Region 20 Final.
That’s what I’m thinking. IMO region 20 is gonna be the toughest in D5

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

49 days until Ed Miller Stadium is going to be rocking. Man I can’t wait.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:20 am Eastwood loses a ton of players. They will have a hard time getting out of their region. So will burg for that matter, with Madison in their region. Madison returns that defensive line and their stud RB. They will give Burg fits. I think the state champion comes out of Region 20 this year. Burg or Madison.
I heard the RB transferred.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:11 am
wobycat wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:20 am Eastwood loses a ton of players. They will have a hard time getting out of their region. So will burg for that matter, with Madison in their region. Madison returns that defensive line and their stud RB. They will give Burg fits. I think the state champion comes out of Region 20 this year. Burg or Madison.
I heard the RB transferred.
i heard the same thing but i've also heard he didn't leave

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good luck Burg! I cannot believe it’s been almost a year since your incredible run to 15-0 began.

It was incredible to listen from Orlando, the title game, come from behind, dig deep, and bring the crown south!

Do it again!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:01 pm Good luck Burg! I cannot believe it’s been almost a year since your incredible run to 15-0 began.

It was incredible to listen from Orlando, the title game, come from behind, dig deep, and bring the crown south!

Do it again!!!
it was one of the most unbelievable games I've ever seen. when they scored to go up 14-7 with 1:27 left i actually started tearing up. i said to myself we can't lose like this

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Click on this link and see if you guys recognize anyone. This hits newsstands July 31st. It can be purchased online as well. Good exposure for the player, program, and school.

https://fnfmagazine.com/ohio/

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

45 days until kickoff!!!🏈☠️🏈☠️🏈

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:58 pm Click on this link and see if you guys recognize anyone. This hits newsstands July 31st. It can be purchased online as well. Good exposure for the player, program, and school.

https://fnfmagazine.com/ohio/
sweet pic of tanner on the cover. i'll def be picking up a copy

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:31 am
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:01 pm Good luck Burg! I cannot believe it’s been almost a year since your incredible run to 15-0 began.

Do it again!!!
it was one of the most unbelievable games I've ever seen. when they scored to go up 14-7 with 1:27 left i actually started tearing up. i said to myself we can't lose like this
Been on that “actually almost tearin up side of it myself a few too many times” as a tiger fan. Awesome feeling to get there and take it all, and then to let it slide out of your hands however people wanna argue about how IHS lost it a few times, doesn’t make it less painful. Stuff happens & im just GLAD DaBurg was able to win at the end!
It takes so much hard work, talent, and even a lil luck at times to get to the title game & then have unblemished record is remarkable!

Proud for BURG players, fans, staff, and community!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

How did the Pirates 7 on 7 the 13th at Greenup County go?

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:32 am How did the Pirates 7 on 7 the 13th at Greenup County go?
I didn't go , talked to a burg JH coach that went. He said we didn't play with Holden or Matthews. Finished second to Fleming county ( I think that was the school). Trent looked very good, only missed a receiver 3 or 4 times the entire night. LOL. that's crazy. I guess our OC wasn't there either. vacation or something. QB called all the plays. He did say Matthews played first game, but the kid was literally un-guardable, so coaches sat him the rest of tournament to work some younger kids. I guess they won their first game by 3 scores and Matthews had a couple picks in that game .

Return to “Football”