2018 Meigs Marauders Football Outlook

BlizzardMan
S

Re: 2018 Marauder Nation

Post by BlizzardMan »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:46 pm I see a possibly 5-5 season . Meigs freshmen class will turn this program around in 2 years
Heres the thing; next years senior class was even more dominant. Honestly don't think they lost a game through grade school and Jr high. They were tough and physical. Absolutely ran through everybody in Jr. High. Then, kids got moved to new positions, and many quit for various reasons and that group is really a shell of what it was. Meigs has a problem right now of keeping kids playing. This could be true, but certainly not guaranteed, especially if the junior group this year couldn't do it. I don't know if you remember, but honestly that group was a true force and maybe half of them still play at Meigs.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

9/01 @ St. Clairsville

If I can find a Saturday afternoon game, that allows me to get to St.Clairsville I am going to take this one in.
Would be my first trip there. I have watched both teams play before.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 am We are due and I think this is the year. 10-0 and a deep playoff run. Anyone know the schedule?
10-0???

Did we get a new coach?

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:06 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:46 pm I see a possibly 5-5 season . Meigs freshmen class will turn this program around in 2 years
Heres the thing; next years senior class was even more dominant. Honestly don't think they lost a game through grade school and Jr high. They were tough and physical. Absolutely ran through everybody in Jr. High. Then, kids got moved to new positions, and many quit for various reasons and that group is really a shell of what it was. Meigs has a problem right now of keeping kids playing. This could be true, but certainly not guaranteed, especially if the junior group this year couldn't do it. I don't know if you remember, but honestly that group was a true force and maybe half of them still play at Meigs.
About every other year Meigs has a dominant JR. High class that is supposed to be the “saviors” of the program. Then, their junior and senior year they finish about .500...same scenario been playing out for 50 years.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I should clarify a little. I think the biggest issue is actually overscheduling. Non league schedule is usually beefed up and kids are hurt by the time they are half way through league play. I think eventually they could have an 8-2 season they just have to string together the right schedule strength and keep kids on the field.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:06 pm
Meigs always does well in Middle School, never translates to varsity level.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:08 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am :lol: :lol: :lol:
10-0?
Yea, okay.......
Would you care to elaborate?
Meigs hasn't won the TVC in 20 years. They struggle to stay above .500 and now they are suddenly ready to make a run?
Com on man!
Have realistic expectations.
They should be a pretty competitive team this year but 10-0 with a deep playoff run? No.
As long as they are playing the schedule they have been playing, they have no chance at 10-0. Kudos for the challenge, however they have paid a price the last couple of years playing this schedule. Could definately find some middle ground here.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:19 am I should clarify a little. I think the biggest issue is actually overscheduling. Non league schedule is usually beefed up and kids are hurt by the time they are half way through league play. I think eventually they could have an 8-2 season they just have to string together the right schedule strength and keep kids on the field.
Teh koondoger says, I've never understood why they don't play Wahama. It's right across the river, and you used to be able to see the lights of one stadium from the other. Yet they'll drive 2 or 3 hours to take a thumping, and won't even consider playing just across the river. That would have to be a huge gate too. They've tried the tougher schedule thing since NFL took over, and it hasn't worked out for them. So why not schedule a Wahama, and maybe Eastern or Southern? :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Because that would interfere with church services koondogger! lol

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Consider putting Trimble on schedule

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

2018 Meigs Marauders Football Outlook

Post by WellstonLover »

What do the Marauders have coming back for 2018? Please post projected roster schedule, and outlook and keep this thread going throughout the football season.

Congratulations to Nolan Yates on being officially named as an assistant coach for the Meigs Marauders! Sucks that we didn't get him but I'm sure this will help Meigs make a run this fall with his boy coming with him. Also, the spires boys are headed to Jackson which really really hurts our chances at a week one win this year or next. So that's a bummer. Oh well, things will be looking good in week 10 anyway! Again, congrats coach!! Well deserved!

hsfbfan
Varsity

Re: Congrats to Meigs newest assistant coach

Post by hsfbfan »

I’m assuming the Yates kid can play immediately. But if the Spires boys transfer to Jackson won’t the elder of the two have to sit half the season due to being a Junior?

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

So was the 8th grade Qb one of the Spire boys? If so, the rich just got ultra rich. Saw him play twice this year, and he can flat out ball. Can do it all! Throw it and running the football!

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Is his son a QB? Who will be the starter this year? Cox or someone else?

Captain America
Waterboy

Post by Captain America »

Does this really come as a surprise to anyone? After all the internal conflict and warring factions within the community, which has been published in the papers, and the innuendo floating around the past couple of months, this was bound to happen. Sounds like ultimately there are some philosophical differences that couldn't be ironed out...for the kids' sakes, I hope it doesn't affect them on the football field, because they could be the losers in the end.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

WellstonLover wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:05 pm Congratulations to Nolan Yates on being officially named as an assistant coach for the Meigs Marauders! Sucks that we didn't get him but I'm sure this will help Meigs make a run this fall with his boy coming with him. Also, the spires boys are headed to Jackson which really really hurts our chances at a week one win this year or next. So that's a bummer. Oh well, things will be looking good in week 10 anyway! Again, congrats coach!! Well deserved!
Good luck to everyone involved in this move. Hope it all works out for the best, especially for the kids. Now the rest of the TVC Ohio can breathe a sigh of relief that the Spires boys aren't going to Meigs. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 am
WellstonLover wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:05 pm Congratulations to Nolan Yates on being officially named as an assistant coach for the Meigs Marauders! Sucks that we didn't get him but I'm sure this will help Meigs make a run this fall with his boy coming with him. Also, the spires boys are headed to Jackson which really really hurts our chances at a week one win this year or next. So that's a bummer. Oh well, things will be looking good in week 10 anyway! Again, congrats coach!! Well deserved!
Good luck to everyone involved in this move. Hope it all works out for the best, especially for the kids. Now the rest of the TVC Ohio can breathe a sigh of relief that the Spires boys aren't going to Meigs. :mrgreen:
Oh....the Spires boys are gone? There goes the QB phenom, correct? What happened here? Didn't Bartrum really help in grooming him? Again, who plays QB this season?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS NOLAN YATES.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Are you sure?? I heard he wasn't going to Meigs

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

itsme wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 am
Are you sure?? I heard he wasn't going to Meigs

It's a done deal.

Return to “Football”