Truth Doesn't Have a Side

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Truth Doesn't Have a Side

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Phoenix31 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm The Jews and Romans did not want Jesus involved in their affairs as well.

I am in good company.
You are comparing yourself to Jesus?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Phoenix31 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:51 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:59 am
Phoenix31 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:20 am

The point isn't about money.

It is about the debilitating aspects of football over time.

It is time that tackle football is discontinued until high school...maybe, the age of 18.
Well I was done with this topic since it's all finished up but this last part is where I think you're missing the point. We're on page 5 of a topic that is being just repeated over and over. You now have put out there what you'd like to see happen. HOWEVER, you are posting over and over to a site that is dedicated to the discussion of various topics it's not like this is a rules and regulations committee. Basically the talk over and over and not taking in others information and thoughts given to you now is making people turn a deaf ear to the matter. People don't want badgered. If you want to discontinue tackle football until whatever age, this site is the LAST place that will give you any leverage towards that. Not sure if you feel by posting over and over on it if you're making a difference like these doctors are trying to do but that's simply not the case. Best case scenario for you is to start a formal petition find out how many signatures you need to get your bill viewed by the powers to be. This simply isn't getting you anywhere and quite frankly it's time to close the book on this thread you can't offer anything new on the subject and no one is going to convince you on anything new. Want to make a difference petitioning something is about your only option however I wouldn't put the age of 18 on there because you probably won't get anywhere with it at least not from people who play football or are associated with football. Good Luck
:idea: :idea: :idea:

Illinois children would be prohibited from playing football under the age of 12 if passed under the Duerson Act:

https://www.apnews.com/ef44c63b68784e259d15efd9c7cab2c3

CHICAGO (AP) — Organized tackle football would be banned for Illinois children younger than 12 years old under a bill unveiled Thursday.

The Dave Duerson Act to Prevent CTE is named for the Chicago Bears defensive back who was diagnosed with chronic traumatic encephalopathy after he killed himself at the age of 50. Duerson shot himself in the chest so his brain could be studied for signs of the disease that has been linked to concussions or repeated head trauma.

“When my father tragically took his own life, he donated his brain to science in hopes of being part of the solution,” said Tregg Duerson, who like his father played football at Notre Dame.

“Thanks to increased attention and research on brain trauma, we know that part of the solution is to guard young children’s developing brains from the risks of tackle football,” Tregg Duerson said in a statement, a copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press in advance of the announcement. “This bill honors my family’s hopes and my father’s legacy to protect future athletes and the future of football.”

State Rep. Carol Sente, a Democrat from Vernon Hills, announced the proposal at a news conference Thursday along with Chris Nowinski, the head of the Concussion Legacy Foundation. Also in attendance were former Bears players Mike Adamle and Otis Wilson — a teammate of Dave Duerson’s on the 1985 championship team — and Liz Nicholson, the wife of former Cleveland Brown Gerry Sullivan, who has sued the NFL over its handling of concussions.

“We all want kids to have fun playing football and to learn to play the game the right way early on,” Sente said in a statement. “But the overwhelming data and powerful stories of our supporters here today show the risks of playing tackle football before turning 12 just aren’t worth it.”

Wilson said he hasn’t had any CTE symptoms but he plans to donate his brain to research.

“I don’t need it where I’m going so might as well be able to help the process,” he said. “There are a lot of individuals that have this issue and the more research that’s being done, hopefully we can have something to combat it.”

CTE is a degenerative disease known to cause memory loss, violent moods and other cognitive difficulties in football players, members of the military and others who have endured repeated head trauma. It can only be diagnosed after death. Researchers believe the severity of the symptoms is increased for those who began playing football at a younger age.

After years of denials, the NFL has acknowledged a link between head blows and brain disease and agreed in 2015 to a $1 billion settlement with former players.

The Illinois bill is similar to a proposal in New York, and Nowinski said lawmakers in at least one other state are working to raise the age at which children begin playing tackle football. He said studies have shown that starting tackle football before the age of 12 can lead to great neurological impairment later in life.

“This isn’t about an act to ban tackle football,” Nowinski said. “This is about an act to prevent children from being hit in the head hundreds of times through sports each season.”

___

Golen reported from Boston.
I tell you all of that and you post about Illinois, it really seems like you don't get it. Looks like in Illinois they've started the ball rolling and New York possibly. I for one am all for it if it is done country wide, neurologist I listened to talk at the AJ Green camp spoke of concussions and waiting till 14. At this time he was speaking before the whole CTE became such a big topic so looks like he was onto something. So since others have started the ball rolling my suggestion still stands and that you should put yourself a petition together and really go from there. Simply posting on here is so pointless for your crusade. Then when you reference yourself as being in the same company as Jesus, well I think that one speaks for itself on how it will be portrayed. Remember less is more, most messages are more effective when you hit a few high points and leave the people thinking about those points. You lose the effective of the message by standing in front of the class and repeating yourself over and over and over which is what you've done. How many times have you used head in the sand remark??? How many articles do you want to post, remember these are ALL things we can find for ourselves just like all the articles I showed you in how they're trying to advance technology to help everyone who plays. You said you coached before when you were talking to your players giving a speech, lecturing, or firing them up think of how you done it. I know you didn't stand there for 30 minutes repeating yourself and just giving examples. Time to put some leg work in and move on at this point, if you're just going to keep posting and not try and petition or something to the powers to be then basically we'll all know it's just a you matter and not a WE matter. People who inspire change don't do it from a forum, there's no articles about southeasternohiopreps making changes to legislation. Once again good luck and I truly hope this time you strive for change and not idol chit chat.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This thread is at the point where things are going to be posted that will have to be removed.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”