Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by rxburgfan »

Well said tiger bait. High School sports is a roller coaster. That’s why you should enjoy today because you never know what tomorrow holds.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am
Mavrick2016 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:30 pm Everybody doesn't hate the Burg, I'm not a Burg fan, because most Burg people think
their better than everyone else.
I wanna let people know something. there is not one single team I hate, not burg, Ashland, Portsmouth, desales, Russell, logan, Jackson, Athens or any ovc team --- nobody. I simply love football. youth, junior high, high school on up. not even Michigan or the steelers, I do however respect them deeply. once you've been on the field you know what it takes to be and stay on top. and I have nothing but respect for other programs, especially burg. sure the fans go back n forth, huge rivalries, communities split. funny pictures, intimidating posts. I'm sure in ironton's heyday we were just as cocky, I know I was. but it was never at the lack of respect for other school's. ironton thrived on the toughest competition around, no matter where they had to go to play. that's what built their program. now burg is doing the very same thing. and it's paying huge dividends. that's what makes sports great. I do not dislike hammer because he's now at rock hill. I'm proud of him. successful programs should be opportunities for coaching opportunities.no matter if they land at a rival or not. and more often than not they do, because the opposition is familiar with that coach. heck I spent 32 years in the rock hill district. I follow them and the tigers. I only lived in ironton till I was 19. we should have fun with this. and respect rivals. especially if you have ever actually played the game and risked life n limb. it should be something that swells inside you forever. sports is an amazing escape from reality, once you are not a player. and we should respect the programs that play us. no disrespect to any ovc team. they have caught ironton, and surpassing them. but I'm going on 58 and never in my wildest dreams did I ever see ironton in the ovc. I admit, I initially hated the thoughts of it. but now with the addition of ironton, Portsmouth and gahs. it actually makes perfect sense, geographically, expense wise, filling seats. but admittedly I was strongly opposed at first. I was one of the last of the dinosaurs who thought ironton could still play all the big boys any and everywhere. but I have come to grips with that now. and love the new rivalries. but lets be honest for a minute. if ironton football was still hitting on all cylinders , this idea would have just been a pipedream about joining a conference. just speaking of the tigers here. but things have changed, and it makes more sense than ever now. burg has outgrown their league, and must find stiffer competition out of conference, and they are doing just that. -------------------------- but what happens say a d1 or d2 school calls with deep pockets and takes burg's coach, and maybe several of his key staff. they could be in a sinking ship as well as the tigers. but hey that's what makes sports great ain't it.
Just about all burg asst coaches are burg alumni with deep family ties in the burg. Young kids in the school system. Most are not teachers. I would be shocked if they would follow the head coach. The burg has done a pretty good job hiring there last 2 head coaches.

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:30 pm Everybody doesn't hate the Burg, I'm not a Burg fan, because most Burg people think
I wanna let people know something. there is not one single team I hate, not burg, Ashland, Portsmouth, desales, Russell, logan, Jackson, Athens or any ovc team --- nobody. I simply love football. youth, junior high, high school on up. not even Michigan or the steelers, I do however respect them deeply. once you've been on the field you know what it takes to be and stay on top. and I have nothing but respect for other programs, especially burg. sure the fans go back n forth, huge rivalries, communities split. funny pictures, intimidating posts. I'm sure in ironton's heyday we were just as cocky, I know I was. but it was never at the lack of respect for other school's. ironton thrived on the toughest competition around, no matter where they had to go to play. that's what built their program. now burg is doing the very same thing. and it's paying huge dividends. that's what makes sports great. I do not dislike hammer because he's now at rock hill. I'm proud of him. successful programs should be opportunities for coaching opportunities.no matter if they land at a rival or not. and more often than not they do, because the opposition is familiar with that coach. heck I spent 32 years in the rock hill district. I follow them and the tigers. I only lived in ironton till I was 19. we should have fun with this. and respect rivals. especially if you have ever actually played the game and risked life n limb. it should be something that swells inside you forever. sports is an amazing escape from reality, once you are not a player. and we should respect the programs that play us. no disrespect to any ovc team. they have caught ironton, and surpassing them. but I'm going on 58 and never in my wildest dreams did I ever see ironton in the ovc. I admit, I initially hated the thoughts of it. but now with the addition of ironton, Portsmouth and gahs. it actually makes perfect sense, geographically, expense wise, filling seats. but admittedly I was strongly opposed at first. I was one of the last of the dinosaurs who thought ironton could still play all the big boys any and everywhere. but I have come to grips with that now. and love the new rivalries. but lets be honest for a minute. if ironton football was still hitting on all cylinders , this idea would have just been a pipedream about joining a conference. just speaking of the tigers here. but things have changed, and it makes more sense than ever now. burg has outgrown their league, and must find stiffer competition out of conference, and they are doing just that. -------------------------- but what happens say a d1 or d2 school calls with deep pockets and takes burg's coach, and maybe several of his key staff. they could be in a sinking ship as well as the tigers. but hey that's what makes sports great ain't it.

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I at least twenty I’s in your post what in the world is wrong with u

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

How bored are you to actually count them!

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

The biggest problem with the Ironton school board is the lack of female involvement. This mess wld have been sorted out long ago if there was gender diversity. But that is on the voters!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 am Good luck to your son at the Burg. I have to say though, IBTT on the Burg side now is pretty comical, especially with all the banter between you and the Burgites the last couple years lol.
Comical hasn’t even happened yet. Just wait until a month before the game. 😂. I can’t wait to read all the banter.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:51 am Well this is the ironton @ Burg thread, not the IBTT dirty secret thread, so let’s keep it that way.

Both burg and ironton will have a nice set of skilled kids in this game but depth will overwhelm the tigers again. I’ll go on a very,very early prediction of 35-13
Yes they will. The depth will be the difference here. Burg will roll. Excited to see The Mayor throw a little Butter around.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:51 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 am Good luck to your son at the Burg. I have to say though, IBTT on the Burg side now is pretty comical, especially with all the banter between you and the Burgites the last couple years lol.
Comical hasn’t even happened yet. Just wait until a month before the game. 😂. I can’t wait to read all the banter.
IBTT will be on the sidelines by the first game.😂 He will be drawing up your plays. 😂 His son will be the main ball carrier so he will fit in good. I was told you had several seniors leaving that carried the ball and IBTT son will take their place.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Fan Friday wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:17 pm
IBTT will be on the sidelines by the first game.😂 He will be drawing up your plays. 😂 His son will be the main ball carrier so he will fit in good. I was told you had several seniors leaving that carried the ball and IBTT son will take their place.
And you’ll be on the sideline too wishing you were on the Burg sideline. But get a good hot dog and come sit on the Burg side and watch a good football team.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Probably won’t be much banter from up this way unless something drastic happens soon. Hopefully we’ll have enough players left to field a team by the time this Coaching fiasco is over with.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

rxburgfan wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:25 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:17 pm

And you’ll be on the sideline too wishing you were on the Burg sideline. But get a good hot dog and come sit on the Burg side and watch a good football team.
IBTT The Ironton Tigers wish you nothing but the best!! We pray you love it so you don’t end up back here. Trust me no one from Ironton is disappointed that you won’t be up in the stands yapping away. The Pirates were good long before you decided to join the team. Are your hotdogs all beef? And how is the sauce? You do realize it’s your son on the team and not you, right?

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:28 pm
Probably won’t be much banter from up this way unless something drastic happens soon. Hopefully we’ll have enough players left to field a team by the time this Coaching fiasco is over with.
Unfortunately I think you may be right. Never dreamed this football team would’ve worried about having enough kids that we couldn’t field a team. Sad situation for the kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Truthful wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:17 am

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I at least twenty I’s in your post what in the world is wrong with u
YOU'LL GET THAT SOMETIMES. THANKS FOR THE EDITING OF MY POST. YOU ARE AWESOME.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

pistol wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:23 am How bored are you to actually count them!
THANK YOU PISTOL. MUST BE A SLOW DAY THERE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Kleao wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:33 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Unfortunately I think you may be right. Never dreamed this football team would’ve worried about having enough kids that we couldn’t field a team. Sad situation for the kids.
I really pray this is not the case, and they get a handle on things. these kids deserve it.

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Having had a kid graduate from one, and another kid graduating this year from the other I can say that they each have some wonderful teachers and administrators who care about the kids. Winning sporting events is fun, but at the end of the day each of these schools are churning out well rounded young men and women ready for college or whatever else they decide to pursue. I am completely confident that both of my kids will excel in their college careers and beyond thanks to how they have been prepared by these two fine institutions.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

softballfan2112 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:06 am Having had a kid graduate from one, and another kid graduating this year from the other I can say that they each have some wonderful teachers and administrators who care about the kids. Winning sporting events is fun, but at the end of the day each of these schools are churning out well rounded young men and women ready for college or whatever else they decide to pursue. I am completely confident that both of my kids will excel in their college careers and beyond thanks to how they have been prepared by these two fine institutions.
Very nice post.......lot of truth in this one.........

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THE CIRCUS CONTINUES =============== HIRE A CLOWN , EXPECT A CIRCUS. ARE WE REALLY THAT DENSE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IN A LIL OVER 5 HOURS , THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT TO TAKE A SHARP, POSITIVE TURN I HOPE. AND IT SHOULD EXCITE ''FIGHTING TIGER FANS'' AND PLAYERS. IF EVERYTHING WE'RE BEING TOLD IS TRUE. AND IRONTON/WHEELERSBURG IS GOING TO BE ON THE CLOCK. AND A TRUE RIVALRY AGAIN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THIS AIN'T GONNA BE A LILY LIVERED BUNCH HERE, THEY'LL BE HERE TO KICK BUTT N CHEW BUBBLE GUM. AND THEY'RE FRESH OUTTA GUM.

Return to “Football”