Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

JTEK
All State

Re: Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:15 pm THIS AIN'T GONNA BE A LILY LIVERED BUNCH HERE, THEY'LL BE HERE TO KICK BUTT N CHEW BUBBLE GUM. AND THEY'RE FRESH OUTTA GUM.
Based on what both teams have returning it won’t be this year. Burg has enough returning to compete for it all again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope they do. that's exactly what I want, both teams beatin the livin snot outta each other again. and anybody that gets in their way tek.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I’m going to go out on a limb here.
Week 1
Kitty Kats - 0
Da Burg-42

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:04 pm I’m going to go out on a limb here.
Week 1
Kitty Kats - 0
Da Burg-42
Hefty prediction from someone who never played sports. Bravo!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:15 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:04 pm I’m going to go out on a limb here.
Week 1
Kitty Kats - 0
Da Burg-42
I’ve never played sports? 🧐 Have a been dreaming my whole life away?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Week 1
Kitty Kats - 0
Da Burg-42
I wonder if up till 2007 fighting tiger
fans called the pirates them lil swarshbucklin fellers or paper pirates er something. not likely. as far as I know you were always the pirates. even when they barely got a chance to shoot that cannon up to 2007. 3 times to be exact. so you may wanna show a lil respect. and ironton still leads the series. put that in yer coffee n stir it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:47 am
Week 1
Kitty Kats - 0
Da Burg-42
fans called the pirates them lil swarshbucklin fellers or paper pirates er something. not likely. as far as I know you were always the pirates. even when they barely got a chance to shoot that cannon up to 2007. 3 times to be exact. so you may wanna show a lil respect. and ironton still leads the series. put that in yer coffee n stir it.
You don’t have to go that far back. You had ironton fans getting on here at halftime this year in the playoff games the burg was down in saying how slow and overrated they were.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well I weren't one of em obviously.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

jolly has no respect. he'll have to earn it back.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

JTEK wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:55 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:47 am

You don’t have to go that far back. You had ironton fans getting on here at halftime this year in the playoff games the burg was down in saying how slow and overrated they were.
Sort of like “it’s only Ashland” :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

nut you n jolly I'd like to share something with you n your smiley faces.=========== hold on now. to call ironton and burg a rivalry up until 2008 was a bit of a stretch anyway. no actually a lot of a stretch. their 1st game wasn't even till 1982. rivalries are not games that are close. they are series's that are close. ironton started playing Portsmouth in 1902, that is a very close series, thus a rivalry. ironton has played Ashland, ky. since 1910, in a very close series, thus a rivalry. ------------ ironton and burg have only played since 82, with 2 games in the 80's. both burg losses, 7 times in the 90's and ironton went 4-3 on burg. and 9 times in the 2000's with ironton going 8-1 against the burg. so until 2008 the only thing most ironton folks knew about burg was. it was a place on the map we went through on the way to the playoffs literally and figureatvly. ironton was on top 14-4 over the burg series wise till 2008. the 2 only played 18 times till 2008 with ironton winning all but 4 of those.
so it wasn't even really a rivalry or anything close to one until 2008 when wheelersburg started winning some.and that was after bob lutz retired. and actually his name should be on pirate stadium, because he OWNED THE BURG. that's how lopsided this series was till 10 years ago. ironton still leads the overall series. but since 2008 wheelersburg has beat us like a drum. I have never said it's only Ashland myself. because for 1 reason I respected them, and they were always a tough opponent. and it was always an even series that either team could win. I have never said it's only Portsmouth either for the very same reasons. ------------------- actually to anybody from ironton who actually was saying it's only, ----. then they were saying likely it's ''only burg'' cause up to 2008 it was a great Friday night for a homecoming dance. because you guys were down in the series 14-4 to ironton. burg was very beneficial to ironton point wise cause they always won a lot of games.but it was just rarely ever against ironton. ========================================= so now a new chapter begins. I have nothing but compliments to the burg program. they stuck it out playing ironton. they have recruited well, and are back on top. they have toppled the king. and have just as many state championships as ironton now. so let's put the past in the past. and get it on, and see what happens from here on out. few people have shown more respect for burg football than me on here, to not be a burg fan. but I was with ya'll every play of the state championship game this fall rooting for ya;ll. as well as in the bleachers in 89 when you and ironton both won state title games. but how bout a bit of respect here n there.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:46 am nut you n jolly I'd like to share something with you n your smiley faces.=========== hold on now. to call ironton and burg a rivalry up until 2008 was a bit of a stretch anyway. no actually a lot of a stretch. their 1st game wasn't even till 1982. rivalries are not games that are close. they are series's that are close. ironton started playing Portsmouth in 1902, that is a very close series, thus a rivalry. ironton has played Ashland, ky. since 1910, in a very close series, thus a rivalry. ------------ ironton and burg have only played since 82, with 2 games in the 80's. both burg losses, 7 times in the 90's and ironton went 4-3 on burg. and 9 times in the 2000's with ironton going 8-1 against the burg. so until 2008 the only thing most ironton folks knew about burg was. it was a place on the map we went through on the way to the playoffs literally and figureatvly. ironton was on top 14-4 over the burg series wise till 2008. the 2 only played 18 times till 2008 with ironton winning all but 4 of those.
so it wasn't even really a rivalry or anything close to one until 2008 when wheelersburg started winning some.and that was after bob lutz retired. and actually his name should be on pirate stadium, because he OWNED THE BURG. that's how lopsided this series was till 10 years ago. ironton still leads the overall series. but since 2008 wheelersburg has beat us like a drum. I have never said it's only Ashland myself. because for 1 reason I respected them, and they were always a tough opponent. and it was always an even series that either team could win. I have never said it's only Portsmouth either for the very same reasons. ------------------- actually to anybody from ironton who actually was saying it's only, ----. then they were saying likely it's ''only burg'' cause up to 2008 it was a great Friday night for a homecoming dance. because you guys were down in the series 14-4 to ironton. burg was very beneficial to ironton point wise cause they always won a lot of games.but it was just rarely ever against ironton. ========================================= so now a new chapter begins. I have nothing but compliments to the burg program. they stuck it out playing ironton. they have recruited well, and are back on top. they have toppled the king. and have just as many state championships as ironton now. so let's put the past in the past. and get it on, and see what happens from here on out. few people have shown more respect for burg football than me on here, to not be a burg fan. but I was with ya'll every play of the state championship game this fall rooting for ya;ll. as well as in the bleachers in 89 when you and ironton both won state title games. but how bout a bit of respect here n there.
I think everyone respects ironton. I think the burgs dominated enough recently where we can move on a little bit from the pre 2007 games. Those games were close, good hard hitting ballgames usually decided in the 4 quarter. The games now are a joke.
Put the past behind us. Your entire post is about the past.
Ps nice recruiting slam

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

Burg will be a good first game for new coach and company. Burg wont run the score up on a new HC. There is also a very good chance Burg will overlook them as long as the Young coach don't say anything in the paper to motivate them that is..LOL
I'm going to go with Burg 28-Itown 7....Tied at half

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

JTEK wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:02 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:46 am nut you n jolly I'd like to share something with you n your smiley faces.=========== hold on now. to call ironton and burg a rivalry up until 2008 was a bit of a stretch anyway. no actually a lot of a stretch. their 1st game wasn't even till 1982. rivalries are not games that are close. they are series's that are close. ironton started playing Portsmouth in 1902, that is a very close series, thus a rivalry. ironton has played Ashland, ky. since 1910, in a very close series, thus a rivalry. ------------ ironton and burg have only played since 82, with 2 games in the 80's. both burg losses, 7 times in the 90's and ironton went 4-3 on burg. and 9 times in the 2000's with ironton going 8-1 against the burg. so until 2008 the only thing most ironton folks knew about burg was. it was a place on the map we went through on the way to the playoffs literally and figureatvly. ironton was on top 14-4 over the burg series wise till 2008. the 2 only played 18 times till 2008 with ironton winning all but 4 of those.
I think everyone respects ironton. I think the burgs dominated enough recently where we can move on a little bit from the pre 2007 games. Those games were close, good hard hitting ballgames usually decided in the 4 quarter. The games now are a joke.
Ps nice recruiting slam

Enough of bait and his “we we we us us us I I I”!!! - when he use to actually go to the games he was the first person to slobber around and call out lutz and burcham and the plays they called and now he gets on here and acts like he is the biggest tiger fan everybody on this site sees through it!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ps nice recruiting slam
I would talk about the past to since the avg score of the last 7 games is 40-8 :o
That would probably be worse without the running clock rule

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

footballelite wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:19 am Burg will be a good first game for new coach and company. Burg wont run the score up on a new HC. There is also a very good chance Burg will overlook them as long as the Young coach don't say anything in the paper to motivate them that is..LOL
Pendleton and Wheelersburg know each other well. I bet that’s the last guy the Burg wanted us to hire. May not happen overnight but the Tigers won’t stay down long. He learned from the best in the business in how to take a team with a chip on their shoulder and beat the so called blue bloods.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

TOUGH wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:38 am
footballelite wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:19 am Burg will be a good first game for new coach and company. Burg wont run the score up on a new HC. There is also a very good chance Burg will overlook them as long as the Young coach don't say anything in the paper to motivate them that is..LOL
Pendleton and Wheelersburg know each other well. I bet that’s the last guy the Burg wanted us to hire. May not happen overnight but the Tigers won’t stay down long. He learned from the best in the business in how to take a team with a chip on their shoulder and beat the so called blue bloods.
All joking aside I think this is a good hire. The lack of experience would scare me. It’s going to take time to get this program to a top 10-15 small school program in the state. The young man has a lot to do short term and long term. Get to know the kids, assistants, weights, new offense defense, get the jr high and peewee coaches hired and on board implementing his system. They aren’t far from competing in OVC maybe even this year but ironton fans are going to have to be patient.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pendleton won as a player once against burg but not as a coach. I seriously doubt burg coaches are worried about who ironton hired, especially learning what it takes to win a state. Preparing and luck. They probably hope that ironton will come back to their old self, but they aren’t scared of it. Lol

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

I think totally the opposite..I think they will have some success early on....until first thing goes wrong...then the powers to be will start turning on him.... come on guys..just last week we were all talking about Ironton and the complete and unbelievable mess from administrators...A new HC in a sport doesn't change any of that.. The problems are still there and wont take long to show. Again as I posted before. I wish the young man luck . I just wished he had someone that could have advised him from this debacle.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Ps nice recruiting slam
did I say that out loud tek. i thought i was just thinkin it. but i been hit in the head alot. indeed it was about the past because it was about the overall series. burg didn't even win their 1st game with ironton till 96. honestly I thought I just said that in my head. I guess it's okay to call ironton the Lawrence county all stars ------------ but not cool to call the burg the scioto and Lawrence county all stars now.si in your mind the series slash rivalry started when burg started winning some. everyone does respect ironton's PAST. just like the respect burg's PRESENT. but unfortunately it all counts in a rivalry. I agree the last 8/9 years has been a joke of a game, sometimes losing twice in a year. but if you're gonna talk rivalries. then talk about all of em with respect. it hain't like a bag of trail mix where you pick out the pieces you like. if ya'll want to disrespect us. then I'm your huckleberry. I don't show that disrespect to burg. so don't single me out. if other people are disrespecting burg then argue with them. my pappy told me when I was a young bait. he said -- ''bait, don't back up to a load you cain't haul'' and to be absolutely honest with you the tigers and their new coach should be ready to eat metal roofing and crap out a barb wire fence as far as trying to dismantle burg again. ---------- but this rivalry didn't just start when burg started winning. you see what I done there. show ironton the same respect I show your program. we ain't scared, we're still on the schedule.

Return to “Football”