Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by footballelite »

I have heard some people saying that Wheelersburg's offense will be better this year than last ???

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

footballelite wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm I have heard some people saying that Wheelersburg's offense will be better this year than last ???
It should be. They will need to plug some lineman holes. A guard and a tackle would be my guess. They return, QB, WR, SLOT, and two TB's that are solid. Burg should be considered a state contender, although they will have to find a few to fill new roles.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:24 pm
footballelite wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm I have heard some people saying that Wheelersburg's offense will be better this year than last ???
It should be. They will need to plug some lineman holes. A guard and a tackle would be my guess. They return, QB, WR, SLOT, and two TB's that are solid. Burg should be considered a state contender, although they will have to find a few to fill new roles.
I think the offense should be better. A lot of weapons on offense. I’m not sure about the D. Have to replace the entire Dline a linebacker and 2 very good corners. I think they will be alright in the D backfield. That Dline and LB played a lot of very good football over there 3 years

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:03 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:24 pm
I think the offense should be better. A lot of weapons on offense. I’m not sure about the D. Have to replace the entire Dline a linebacker and 2 very good corners. I think they will be alright in the D backfield. That Dline and LB played a lot of very good football over there 3 years

Agree about the d line. Since this is the ironton/burg thread, I could see ironton with their big backs test that early. Secondary should be ok but they have to fill there too.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

really looking forward to seeing this one.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

This game is going to be very interesting! Much better than the so called experts think.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:48 am This game is going to be very interesting! Much better than the so called experts think.
It will for the first quarter. Ironton has lost to players to transfer, and a few starters from last year's team. I know Ironton fans are excited for the change but they will not have the depth to keep up with Burg this year.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 am
TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:48 am This game is going to be very interesting! Much better than the so called experts think.
It will for the first quarter. Ironton has lost to players to transfer, and a few starters from last year's team. I know Ironton fans are excited for the change but they will not have the depth to keep up with Burg this year.
I think your underestimating Ironton. The last few years will he night and day difference to now. Also rumors swirling around town that the new transfers moving in far exceed what we lost. The tigers will look completely different.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 am
I think your underestimating Ironton. The last few years will he night and day difference to now. Also rumors swirling around town that the new transfers moving in far exceed what we lost. The tigers will look completely different.
I am not underestimating Ironton. I think they will have a better year, but even with your new transfers, it won't solve the tigers depth problem. I am thinking logical about it.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

You win games on the line of scrimmage. Wheelersburg is replacing 4 starters on o line and all 4 down lineman.... Remeber that. The young kids at ironton got a lot of valuable experience last year due to injuries ect. Irontons skill guys will be just as good as Wheelersburg’s overall trust me. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ironton doesn’t have the best player on the field come August😳😳😳😳😳😳😳.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Someone might have lost something around here, like their mind maybe?

My only question is, will Woodard run the score up because of the trash talk going on on FB? I am hearing he is considering it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Lol I doubt Coach would do that. Ironton does field some nice skilled kids, but they will have to play both ways.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

wheelersburgs skill guys will go both ways as well. They have to to avoid a drop off in ability.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Buramgerdin wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:03 pm Someone might have lost something around here, like their mind maybe?

My only question is, will Woodard run the score up because of the trash talk going on on FB? I am hearing he is considering it.
what a nutty thing to say. I have not seen one ironton poster, including myself trash talking about the tigers. I think everybody is optimistic things should look better, and more fundamentally sound. but trash talk, puh--------leeze. especially aimed at the state champion burg pirates. Woodard could care less. no way he is thinking that because of posters here. as trump would say ------ fake news.it might sound cool from a poster but no way there is a connection otherwise.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:33 pm wheelersburgs skill guys will go both ways as well. They have to to avoid a drop off in ability.
Burg will have plenty of skilled kids. They will not have to rely on their best players playing the entire game. Again that's where depth will win out.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Ironton has plenty of skill kids too but that doesn’t mean there’s not a drop off. Ironton sophomore class is absolutely LOADED...
I do recall last year Burg still had to play all their studs but the QB on defense... A lot of people have a hard time understanding how Ironton will turn around and be able to compete from the 48-3 best down we took last year.. it’s very simple. Mentality and culture will go along way. Look at it this way. The year before Meyer got to OSU they were a 500 ball club with no direction and a fairly young team. He shows up with virtually the same kids playing and goes undefeated. Tell me how that’s possible. Was it because they just all of a sudden became more talented or was it a change in culture and mentality. Ironton for the first time in a long time is rejuvenated and hungry again. Not just the players, but the entire city. I think it’s quite remarkable what the young man has done in a little over 2 months. He took a program that was in disarray with kids leaving and wanting out and turned the ship around and has everyone paddling in the same direction. Ironton is still known for its football... These people are behind the program again and he has all the resources and support to turn it around in a hurry.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:34 pm Ironton has plenty of skill kids too but that doesn’t mean there’s not a drop off. Ironton sophomore class is absolutely LOADED...
I do recall last year Burg still had to play all their studs but the QB on defense... A lot of people have a hard time understanding how Ironton will turn around and be able to compete from the 48-3 best down we took last year.. it’s very simple. Mentality and culture will go along way. Look at it this way. The year before Meyer got to OSU they were a 500 ball club with no direction and a fairly young team. He shows up with virtually the same kids playing and goes undefeated. Tell me how that’s possible. Was it because they just all of a sudden became more talented or was it a change in culture and mentality. Ironton for the first time in a long time is rejuvenated and hungry again. Not just the players, but the entire city. I think it’s quite remarkable what the young man has done in a little over 2 months. He took a program that was in disarray with kids leaving and wanting out and turned the ship around and has everyone paddling in the same direction. Ironton is still known for its football... These people are behind the program again and he has all the resources and support to turn it around in a hurry.
Oh Boy. Ironton was great in junior high because of a terrific talent in Carrico who had pretty much dominated with his size against most kids who have not developed. The JV I believe cancelled on Burg, I know that loaded Freshman now sophomore class cancelled on burg. I believe Pendleton has done a remarkable job so far, and think he will do quite well in the future, but to say Ironton can come into Ed Miller stadium and have a chance to beat the the state champions is saying a lot. Pendleton hasn't game planned or made one in game adjustment. Yes, he's got them in the weight room working hard, and believing again but there's more he's going to have to prove.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

I agree... hard to fathom there that much belief in quite possibly the youngest coach in the state of
Ohio. But, I’ve heard from more than one person that you just need to come to a workout to understand. He’s also assembled a staff that can rival anyone around as far as knowledge with many coaching and playing at multiple levels. Speaking of Carrico, heard he’s put on quite a bit of size and Is put together. He may be tough to handle.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Who lost more talent off last years team? Which team was considerably younger? Which team has had the biggest off season change? Those will be answered soon.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:48 pm I agree... hard to fathom there that much belief in quite possibly the youngest coach in the state of
Ohio. But, I’ve heard from more than one person that you just need to come to a workout to understand. He’s also assembled a staff that can rival anyone around as far as knowledge with many coaching and playing at multiple levels. Speaking of Carrico, heard he’s put on quite a bit of size and Is put together. He may be tough to handle.
I am sure they have, but that has to be put into play. Carrico is a beast, I will give you that but it is a game of 11 on 11 in three phases of the game. Burg coaches are rarely outdone, so we will see if Pendledon and his staff can handle it.

Return to “Football”