Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by Mavrick2016 »

TruthBeTold wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:07 pm
TruthBeTold wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:25 pm

We will see what is truth and what is opinion. Are opinions considered truth if they do indeed come true? Yes; hereby, I am speaking truth because my opinions will indeed come true.
You're not a nice person.
Truth always hurts, I’m sorry.
It doesn't hurt me that your not a nice person.
I'm not from Ironton, I live in the Burg, but not
a fan of the Pirates, moved here 4 and 1/2 years ago.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

79Tiger wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:23 pm Both teams have had many years of success between them. It is okay to talk smack before the big game, but real rivals respect their opponent regardless. I am happy for the Burg's success and I hope they continue to be successful in their move to region 20. I have been and will always be a Tiger fan. It is understandable to me as a former player and current fan why there is a spark of excitement over the new direction of the program. I can only hope that excitement results in a better competitive spirit on the field. I do not expect the Tigers to beat the Burg, but I do expect them to make improvements over past years in this rivalry.
that is a wonderful, classy post. real rivals don't disrespect the other team. they respect the fact they are a long time rival.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

TOUGH wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:10 pm
fbnut wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:51 pm [quote=TOUGH post_id=<a href="tel:1672330">1672330</a> time=<a href="tel:1531673642">1531673642</a> user_id=13571]
Back on topic,

By no means am I or any Ironton Tiger going to guarantee a win but I think this will be a good game. I think some of the scores being posted on here are a little crazy. There’s no doubt Ironton will be better than last year and I think burg takes a step back upfront on both sides so I expect a better game and depending on how much we improve will determine if it’s a great game.
The burg did not have a great dominating oline last year. They were an ok to solid oline. The oline will be as good if not better this year with a much more physical style running game. The burgs offense will not take a step back this year. The Dline was a great dominating group and I don’t think they will be as good. That’s not to say that they won’t field a very good D. The coaches will make sure the burg has a very good D on the field.
They lost quite a bit. If I remember correctly I saw where they lost 4 starters on O line. Very rare do you lose that many STARTERS and be better the following year. They also lost their Fullback and Linebacker who was the best player on the team and whole D line and quite a few DBs. I agree they always reload and are very good but it’s hard to replace a State champion and not think there’s going to be a drop off.
[/quote]

What’s your point .. ironton lost the entire line and their best defensive player transfed to wheelersburg looks like irony in is in worse shape than last year

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Update on 7 on 7 last night. Was it just us and Lucasville Valley?

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

4th and iches wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 am
TOUGH wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:10 pm
fbnut wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:51 pm [quote=TOUGH post_id=<a href="tel:1672330">1672330</a> time=<a href="tel:1531673642">1531673642</a> user_id=13571]
Back on topic,

By no means am I or any Ironton Tiger going to guarantee a win but I think this will be a good game. I think some of the scores being posted on here are a little crazy. There’s no doubt Ironton will be better than last year and I think burg takes a step back upfront on both sides so I expect a better game and depending on how much we improve will determine if it’s a great game.
The burg did not have a great dominating oline last year. They were an ok to solid oline. The oline will be as good if not better this year with a much more physical style running game. The burgs offense will not take a step back this year. The Dline was a great dominating group and I don’t think they will be as good. That’s not to say that they won’t field a very good D. The coaches will make sure the burg has a very good D on the field.
They lost quite a bit. If I remember correctly I saw where they lost 4 starters on O line. Very rare do you lose that many STARTERS and be better the following year. They also lost their Fullback and Linebacker who was the best player on the team and whole D line and quite a few DBs. I agree they always reload and are very good but it’s hard to replace a State champion and not think there’s going to be a drop off.
What’s your point .. ironton lost the entire line and their best defensive player transfed to wheelersburg looks like irony in is in worse shape than last year
[/quote]

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 bless your heart.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Anyone have any info on how Wheelersburg's 7v7 at Raceland went?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

welcome spiderman, hain't seen you on here before.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:49 pm Anyone have any info on how Wheelersburg's 7v7 at Raceland went?
I wish we could pick them up for a regular season game. I know how rumors go but I’ve heard they will only play us if we come there for both games

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we'll be getting it on in a speck over a month doggie. you'll have to look me up if I can go. and happy birthday brother.

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

It would seem to me based on the last few years especially, that the disparities regarding depth when you compare Ironton/Wheelersburg, coupled with the manner in which Wheelersburg has utterly dominated Ironton on the field, in the weight room, in the film room, by way of scheme and game management, preperation, etc - that simply not enough of any of the above exists at ironton presently that tells me we can expect any different. The truth of the matter is Wheelersburg is more talented, deeper and over the last few years have simply outworked Ironton and established a distance between them that will not be narrowed anytime soon.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey we all get that rome wasn't built in a day or 1 game. fighting tiger fans are looking for marked improvement in all aspects of the game. some fresh ideas, discipline on and off the field, being more physical, and conditioned and sound fundamentals. if that happens, games will be one. nobody is predicting an upset of burg. but hey , that's why they play the games on the actual field. if a coach or team takes the field not expecting to compete and put themselves in a position to win, then stay home and play call of duty, or Mario kart.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

ITSYABOY72 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:34 pm It would seem to me based on the last few years especially, that the disparities regarding depth when you compare Ironton/Wheelersburg, coupled with the manner in which Wheelersburg has utterly dominated Ironton on the field, in the weight room, in the film room, by way of scheme and game management, preperation, etc - that simply not enough of any of the above exists at ironton presently that tells me we can expect any different. The truth of the matter is Wheelersburg is more talented, deeper and over the last few years have simply outworked Ironton and established a distance between them that will not be narrowed anytime soon.
Very good points this may be the reason there is a new coach.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and there are numerous reasons why there are new coaches. no disrespect to the previous staff. it had just lost it's way.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Any of the burgites heard what kind of celebration will happen before the game? I’m curious to see what they do and how many of last yrs seniors are able to make it back

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

33 days 6 hrs 36 min till kickoff

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm ready man.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

the clocks tickin folks......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:20 pm the clocks tickin folks......
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

a very highly anticipated game with the new version of fighting tiger football against the defending state champs.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Does anyone know what teams are going to the passing scrimmage Saturday here at Ironton... I may have to sneak away to catch a glimpse of the Fighting Tigers. Can’t wait for the Wheerlersburg game. Not sure if it’s going to be like old times yet but at least the Tiger faithful are excited again and will travel down to the Burg to show support for our Tigers. I’m expecting a huge crowd with an electric atmosphere matching the defending state champs against a new Tiger regime trying to restore a great tradition.

Return to “Football”