Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Re: WK1 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by TOUGH »

4th and iches wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:58 am I’ve noticed after the West scrimmage some of the where gonna give burg all they want posters are changing their tune . I do believe I told everyone last December Ironton lost their entire line they will struggle all year .. this Friday night will be the first start for a lot of tigers new head coach , wheelersburg will be passing out their state championship rings and hanging banners I’m guessing 6k people one word for the tiny tigers OVERWHELMED
West was a playoff team last year who beat Jackson as well in a scrimmage. I don’t think they lost very much off of last years team either. I bet the Tigers show up Friday night and this is a lot better game than people think. I don’t think Russell is any good at all. We beat them last year 35-7 with a bad football team.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

TOUGH wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:09 am
4th and iches wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:58 am I’ve noticed after the West scrimmage some of the where gonna give burg all they want posters are changing their tune . I do believe I told everyone last December Ironton lost their entire line they will struggle all year .. this Friday night will be the first start for a lot of tigers new head coach , wheelersburg will be passing out their state championship rings and hanging banners I’m guessing 6k people one word for the tiny tigers OVERWHELMED
West was a playoff team last year who beat Jackson as well in a scrimmage. I don’t think they lost very much off of last years team either. I bet the Tigers show up Friday night and this is a lot better game than people think. I don’t think Russell is any good at all. We beat them last year 35-7 with a bad football team.
Burg beat that west playoff team 41-7 last year. This burg team will be very on par with last years team.
Last edited by fbnut on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good teams put away bad teams. Great teams put away good teams. West was a good team that burg put away last year and west will be a good team this year. Ironton will be a good team too. I just believe this year Burg will once again be a great team. I say that with no disrespect to Ironton.
Last edited by wobycat on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg could have hung more on them. But it was a scrimmage where they were feeling everyone out. So............ your argument holds no value.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

I read where west lost most of the line from last year so no they don’t bring the house back , next burg makes good lines look bad what do you think they are gonna do to a very bad Ironton line . I feel sorry for the QB and running backs

juicebox
Riding the Bench

Post by juicebox »

8+4=12 just sayin

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

juicebox wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:26 pm 8+4=12 just sayin
Playoff games. Just sayin.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:41 pm
juicebox wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:26 pm 8+4=12 just sayin
Playoff games. Just sayin.
It takes some people longer to catch on BlizzardMan. 😂

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

The Burg machine rolls on. As has been said a million times before, when you are the BURG, you get everyone's best shot week in and week out. Just because a team has Columbus Bishop in their name don't mean squat. The Burg from top to bottom is battle tested and ready to rock. I wish all the area teams a great and healthy season. The Region 20 assignment for the Burg hasn't been discussed much that I have seen. I don't think it will matter. Barring injuries, the Burg is up to the task. GO PIRATES!

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:06 pm
inOVCsider wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:43 pm What a great rivalry this has been throughout the years. I bet some of the elders (Ole Bait) could tell us some good stories from all the great games they have seen. How many Ironton/Burg games have you been to Bait?
Patiently waiting.........
What's the point here? You bagging on a guy who can't make it to the games? There's plenty on here that post and for whatever reason don't make the games. Looks personal to me

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

Why is there even so much talk about this game? There's no doubt that this one belongs to the BURG

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

As the game gets closer I see this going one of two ways. 1. Ironton comes out firing and keeps it close for a half (within 14 points). Burg turns is on in the second half and puts them away with their first two drives of the third quarter. 2. Burg matches Irontons intensity in the first half and rolls on the ground and through the air. 1st team plays one second half series and the game is put away by the subs.

Either way, 20-30 point victory for the Burg is what I am thinking.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

This topic started nine months ago, on 11/22/2017, and so far it's 23 pages long. The game is now less than 58 hours away!!!

This year's Burg Seniors were 16-0 during Junior High and their varsity regular season record for their first 3 years of HS has been 30-0. Counting playoff results, Seniors enter the 2018 season with a HS combined record of 42-2. Playing 44 games in their first 3 years, is like already playing an extra season and a half of HS football, including being on the largest stage possible last year. Looking for another outstanding year from this Burg team.

Prediction: Wheelersburg 48- Ironton 7.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

PirateBB wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:24 am This topic started nine months ago, on 11/22/2017, and so far it's 23 pages long. The game is now less than 58 hours away!!!

This year's Burg Seniors were 16-0 during Junior High and their varsity regular season record for their first 3 years of HS has been 30-0. Counting playoff results, Seniors enter the 2018 season with a HS combined record of 42-2. Playing 44 games in their first 3 years, is like already playing an extra season and a half of HS football, including being on the largest stage possible last year. Looking for another outstanding year from this Burg team.

Those are the numbers that matter. The more time they have to practice together and play together, the better they’ll get. And playing 4 1/2 seasons in 3 years gives them an advantage over anyone in our area.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

PirateBB wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:24 am This topic started nine months ago, on 11/22/2017, and so far it's 23 pages long. The game is now less than 58 hours away!!!

that is just an absolutely amazing post of facts. I don't care much for yer prediction. but it hain't no fun when the rabbit's got the gun now is it. I would expect nothing less than another awesome year of burg football. and I hope my fighting tigers can match their intensity and give a wonderful effort Friday night.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this game will not make or break the progress of ironton this year. everyone wants to see them moving in the right direction, and possibly getting more wins, coaching efforts and mainly getting more players out to build a better, bigger program.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:07 am this game will not make or break the progress of ironton this year. everyone wants to see them moving in the right direction, and possibly getting more wins, coaching efforts and mainly getting more players out to build a better, bigger program.
I agree 100% Bait. This game will not be close and it doesn't need to be for Ironton to take away some positives. no cramps, no stupid penalties, players not sucking air early and often, and most importantly when they get down a few scores not rolling over. If this is the case then Pendleton has changed the culture and that is the first step to rebuilding. I hope this is the case

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

They are 40-2.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Ironton keeps it close the first quarter then Burg takes puts the foot down on the pedal and takes off and leaves Ironton.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Depth with be a huge issue for Ironton. It again looks like Wheelersburg will rotate multiple defensive fronts along with 4-6 players at skill positions on offense and defense. Just don't think Ironton has the horses or the depth to compete for 4 quarters.

Prediction- Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 14

Return to “Football”