S

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Impressive numbers if you ask me.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The SOC has been pretty dominant over the OVC the last 10 years. Coal Grove had a few very good teams in the early and mid 90s but I dont recall if they played against any soc schools back then

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Whoever is running the ironton Facebook page needs to tone it down. Locking the gate???? Come on....Burg has handed it to the tigers the last few years. Now I don’t foresee it being as lopsided but I wouldn’t run my mouth about it on the team’s main page.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

laser breath wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:38 am Whoever is running the ironton Facebook page needs to tone it down. Locking the gate???? Come on....Burg has handed it to the tigers the last few years. Now I don’t foresee it being as lopsided but I wouldn’t run my mouth about it on the team’s main page.
Whoever is running that account has to be a kid. There is no way , no way any logical Coach would ever post such things on social media. It is very poor taste and should stay in Locker room. What I am confused about is the fact that some of the posts ( the decent ones) under that same account are signed by the coach. So, that tells me that he has the PW to that account. I'm not real sure why he would allow such posts to be made. Whoever is doing it...
Not to mention, any great HC would tell you to pump up the team you are going to play. Oldest trick in the book. These posts are absurd and can not be coming from an adult.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:25 pm Wheelersburg is 22-0.

West 28-5
Valley 27-7
Minford 10-1
Waverly 2-2
I was talking depth wise. but your numbers are impressive. none of those wins have been against ironton other than the burg. valley had an amazing program going. I loved the valley/burg games of old crab. Minford and waverly have definitely picked up the pace. and it was just maybe 2 years ago the ovc sent 3 teams to the playoffs. you have to feel ironton is on it's way back. coal grove tore it up last year. gahs is rolling again, rock hill I hear is low in numbers but will be better. Portsmouth has a new coach, as does south point who was very successful in the soc. fairland has been improving and Chesapeake has been down some by their standards. but I look for the 2 to be very similar. what kind of numbers does valley have coming back crab.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

laser breath wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:38 am Whoever is running the ironton Facebook page needs to tone it down. Locking the gate???? Come on....Burg has handed it to the tigers the last few years. Now I don’t foresee it being as lopsided but I wouldn’t run my mouth about it on the team’s main page.
I guess I need to look into this. after meeting coach Pendleton and knowing his whole staff. I don't see them fanning their feathers like a peacock. they all are blue collar, lunch box totin bring it on kinda guys. so I would not read too much into it myself. I can't see trevon overseeing this, or Jerrod. and certainly not coach t. who is as mountain man as they come. if it was meant to draw intention it must have. but I have to see it myself. if these kind of things are being said. it's not a true reflection of the hardnosed football tradition of fighting tiger football. I look for ironton's 3 biggest changes this year to be physicality and discipline and fundamentals. you get these 3 things in line. you'll win plenty of games. and Pendleton wasn't ironton's last choice. he was GOD'S 1ST. who already knew who was going to be leading the fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

footballelite wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:11 am
Whoever is running that account has to be a kid. There is no way , no way any logical Coach would ever post such things on social media. It is very poor taste and should stay in Locker room. What I am confused about is the fact that some of the posts ( the decent ones) under that same account are signed by the coach. So, that tells me that he has the PW to that account. I'm not real sure why he would allow such posts to be made. Whoever is doing it...
Not to mention, any great HC would tell you to pump up the team you are going to play. Oldest trick in the book. These posts are absurd and can not be coming from an adult.
A fan posted it... I saw it. Everyone needs to relax. At least people are excited about Ironton football.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:47 am
footballelite wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:11 am
A fan posted it... I saw it. Everyone needs to relax. At least people are excited about Ironton football.
A fan didn’t post it. Go back a few posts. An admin did.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I love how all of the Burg fans are so worried about what's being said on an Ironton football page ON Facebook lol. Does the Pirates have a Facebook page that I can troll lol :)

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

No one is worried. 😂😂

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:04 am I love how all of the Burg fans are so worried about what's being said on an Ironton football page ON Facebook lol. Does the Pirates have a Facebook page that I can troll lol :)
Yep. Just search Wheelersburg Football. You’ll find appropriate content there. Ironton will be walking into a hornets nest on August 24th. No doubt. Come down early, get a good seat, grab a Radar burger and a cold drink. Enjoy it while you can.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

What's a Radar Burger ?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:49 am What's a Radar Burger ?
It finds you, you don’t have to go looking for it.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Game day wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:41 pm
I thought it was named after the biggest Burg I have met.
Radar he's nickname within a few talking, with him we will
talk about the Burg's Football team. A nice guy that loves the
Burg's sports programs.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:09 pm
Game day wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:41 pm
I thought it was named after the biggest Burg I have met.
Radar he's nickname within a few talking, with him we will
talk about the Burg's Football team. A nice guy that loves the
Burg's sports programs.
It is.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:25 pm Wheelersburg is 22-0.

West 28-5
Valley 27-7
Minford 10-1
Waverly 2-2
I was talking depth wise. but your numbers are impressive. none of those wins have been against ironton other than the burg. valley had an amazing program going. I loved the valley/burg games of old crab. Minford and waverly have definitely picked up the pace. and it was just maybe 2 years ago the ovc sent 3 teams to the playoffs. you have to feel ironton is on it's way back. coal grove tore it up last year. gahs is rolling again, rock hill I hear is low in numbers but will be better. Portsmouth has a new coach, as does south point who was very successful in the soc. fairland has been improving and Chesapeake has been down some by their standards. but I look for the 2 to be very similar. what kind of numbers does valley have coming back crab.

The SOC II a 5 team league sent 3 teams the playoffs just last season in Waverly West and Burg

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

I find it comical that Burg people are trolling the Ironton Football page. Why do you care what the coach or his brother is saying on FB? It obviously is bothering you to get on FB and read the comments. EVERYONE trash talks. That all the Burg commentators do on the radio is trash talk and put other teams down. Get a grip and quit getting on Ironton’s football page. This coach is bringing excitement back and the boys are loving it and their coach.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

:evil:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:37 am
I guess I need to look into this. after meeting coach Pendleton and knowing his whole staff. I don't see them fanning their feathers like a peacock. they all are blue collar, lunch box totin bring it on kinda guys. so I would not read too much into it myself. I can't see trevon overseeing this, or Jerrod. and certainly not coach t. who is as mountain man as they come. if it was meant to draw intention it must have. but I have to see it myself. if these kind of things are being said. it's not a true reflection of the hardnosed football tradition of fighting tiger football. I look for ironton's 3 biggest changes this year to be physicality and discipline and fundamentals. you get these 3 things in line. you'll win plenty of games. and Pendleton wasn't ironton's last choice. he was GOD'S 1ST. who already knew who was going to be leading the fighting tigers.
It is Coach Trevon and his brother. And saying things like he was God’s choice really makes you look ignorant. Coach Trevon is a great coach and these boys are excited and training hard, but I really doubt that God gives too much thought about Ironton Football. But as usual you talk about things you really don’t know much about.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

He may be a good motivator for the boys right now but to say he is a “great coach” remains to be seen. He hasn’t even coached a down yet. He was at West for one year and was their strength and conditioning coach. Not an off. or def. coordinator. Hopefully he is given enough time to develop something that resembles a winner in Tigertown. Woodward at a Burg was given time and look how that has turned out.

Return to “Football”