Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

12gauge
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by 12gauge »

Fan Friday wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:14 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:57 pm He may be a good motivator for the boys right now but to say he is a “great coach” remains to be seen. He hasn’t even coached a down yet. He was at West for one year and was their strength and conditioning coach. Not an off. or def. coordinator. Hopefully he is given enough time to develop something that resembles a winner in Tigertown. Woodward at a Burg was given time and look how that has turned out.
Well I’m gonna bet you know nothing about the Tigers new coach or anything about the new program. It’s really not a concern to anyone, but the Ironton Football team. And if my memory is correct you never played a down of football in high school, so I really don’t think your opinion means a whole lot when it comes to what a coach knows. And I mean that in good Christian way!

I'm sure there's a lot of jock sniffer wanna bees on here that never padded up,sweat,hurt,sore and bled playing this awesome sport.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

TOUGH wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 am Also all the stuff he’s saying about being the best program around is TRUE... historically

Can you guys tell me if Burg has ever had any of these compared to Ironton.

NFL HALL OF FAMER
Numerous D1 players/ who was burgs last one?
State championship appearances
Regional championships
Program wins
NFL ALL PRO
Winningest Coach in Ohio football history
Record vs Wheelersburg

Fact of the matter is Ironton went through its toughest patch of Football in its history last 7-8 years and they still had good teams. Now it’s time to turn the ship back around and get it heading back on course.
state championship appearances: 2 (2 titles same as ironton)
regional titles: 7
program wins: 528 (if i added it up right)
burg - ironton record: 12-17 (including 7 straight)

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Actually,Ironton was bad /worse back in the 60's in the COL...Bob Bruney turned Ironton around!

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

What's impressive...Ironton 8 finals, 2 titles=25% success,...Burg, 2 finals, 2 titles=100% and the finals last year(best game I've ever witnessed)Burg down at the end of the game, refused to give up and marched down the field and won! The QB? well we all heard about and saw his determination! The same determination this entire team exudes! Concerning Burg vs. Ironton this year? I'll use a line from a legendary SEO coach, (Burg)..."We'll show up."

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm What's impressive...Ironton 8 finals, 2 titles=25% success,...Burg, 2 finals, 2 titles=100% and the finals last year(best game I've ever witnessed)Burg down at the end of the game, refused to give up and marched down the field and won! The QB? well we all heard about and saw his determination! The same determination this entire team exudes! Concerning Burg vs. Ironton this year? I'll use a line from a legendary SEO coach, (Burg)..."We'll show up."
i agree 100%. that burg - eastwood state final was def the best game i've ever watched and i've seen some good one's since i started watching burg games in the early 90's. when they scored on us with 1:27 left in the game i actually started tearing up. i said to myself we can't lose like this. then when we hit bryson i knew then we was gonna go into ot. then when we scored i looked at a buddy and said we are either gonna win 21-20 or lose 22-21. i no sooner said that when they fumbled

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Lock the gate is a slogan many programs use now. Doesn’t mean they are guaranteeing wins. It simply means THEY WILL SHOW UP and be ready to fight.

Lock the Gate= We’ll show up. Like Coach Lutz use to say.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

TOUGH wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:15 pm Lock the gate is a slogan many programs use now. Doesn’t mean they are guaranteeing wins. It simply means THEY WILL SHOW UP and be ready to fight.

Lock the Gate= We’ll show up. Like Coach Lutz use to say.
Then you should say lock the gate when you walk in so there’s no escape. Like Kenny Rogers “coward of the county”.......”you could’ve heard a pin drop, when tommy stopped and locked the door...”
:lol:

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:26 am
Fan Friday wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:29 pm :evil:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:37 am

I guess I need to look into this. after meeting coach Pendleton and knowing his whole staff. I don't see them fanning their feathers like a peacock. they all are blue collar, lunch box totin bring it on kinda guys. so I would not read too much into it myself. I can't see trevon overseeing this, or Jerrod. and certainly not coach t. who is as mountain man as they come. if it was meant to draw intention it must have. but I have to see it myself. if these kind of things are being said. it's not a true reflection of the hardnosed football tradition of fighting tiger football. I look for ironton's 3 biggest changes this year to be physicality and discipline and fundamentals. you get these 3 things in line. you'll win plenty of games. and Pendleton wasn't ironton's last choice. he was GOD'S 1ST. who already knew who was going to be leading the fighting tigers.
It is Coach Trevon and his brother. And saying things like he was God’s choice really makes you look ignorant. Coach Trevon is a great coach and these boys are excited and training hard, but I really doubt that God gives too much thought about Ironton Football. But as usual you talk about things you really don’t know much about.

if you don't understand God, THEN YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. I GUESS YOU'RE SAYING GOD had no idea who was coming to ironton. he'd know when we all found out. I can appreciate the fact that , that may well be the case. but you calling me ignorant is humerous. GOD WOULD HAVE KNOWN BEFORE HE WAS BORN.i wasn't tryin to turn this into the 700 club here. I just made a statement. I have said nothing offensive to you. or any individual here. I just shared my observation. just once I'd love to see someone else beside myself apologize here. but it ain't needed, or expected.
You make Tiger fans look like idiots with the ignorant things you say all the time! You apologize all the time because you are always saying something stupid. You think that you are in the know of all things in Ironton and you really know NOTHING! Just stick to supporting the team and if you don’t know something just don’t comment on it. That easy!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TOUGH wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 am Also all the stuff he’s saying about being the best program around is TRUE... historically

NFL HALL OF FAMER
Regional championships
Program wins
NFL ALL PRO
Record vs Wheelersburg

Fact of the matter is Ironton went through its toughest patch of Football in its history last 7-8 years and they still had good teams. Now it’s time to turn the ship back around and get it heading back on course.
We’re not trying to go 2-4 in State Championship games. 89 was the last year Ironton won it. Burg put one on the board last year. To be the BEST program in Southern Ohio you have to at least make the playoffs. Or get out of the second round. Or win 7 games, heck even 6 would do it. Ironton CAN NOT be considered the best program. They are the furthest thing from that. It’s one thing to be arrogant. But to not know your place is absolutely dumbfounding.

Like I said before. We all know what he’s trying to do. He’s trying to restore things they have let go by the wayside. That’s cool. Just shut your mouth and play ball.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

laser breath wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm
TOUGH wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 am I follow the site on Facebook and haven’t seen one time where anyone has bashed Wheelersburg football or guaranteed a win of any sort. The Lock the gate comment I’m sure means that Ironton is going to show up to fight and they are not going to roll over like years past. I find it funny that you Burg fans say poke the bear. Your Burgfan.com is the biggest disgrace to Southern Ohio sports in our area. Whether it’s school affiliated or not they still allow them to set up every week and do the games. All they do is publicly belittle others and it shows very little class. I don’t know Coach Pendleton as well as Triplett but I do know that man is all class and I’m sure with Pendleton’s background he’s all class as well. The funny thing is you haven’t heard one Ironton fan talk about getting on a Burg
football site (which they have one too). But there have been numerous Burg fans on the Ironton site so wonder who is more intrigued at the moment and has the what ifs starting to creep into the back of their minds. All you Burg fans have just showed where the real concern is cause Ironton has nothing to lose and everything to gain. GO TIGERS!
You do realize it’s just a game? Relax. Don’t take it so personal. To me it makes no sense for a coach to write that, but I’m not losing my mind over it.
Tough you made oh Laser Breath speechless! I think he’s the one on Burg.com that smacks his mouth and sounds like a hog eating. It’s just a game🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

12gauge wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:24 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:14 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:57 pm He may be a good motivator for the boys right now but to say he is a “great coach” remains to be seen. He hasn’t even coached a down yet. He was at West for one year and was their strength and conditioning coach. Not an off. or def. coordinator. Hopefully he is given enough time to develop something that resembles a winner in Tigertown. Woodward at a Burg was given time and look how that has turned out.
Well I’m gonna bet you know nothing about the Tigers new coach or anything about the new program. It’s really not a concern to anyone, but the Ironton Football team. And if my memory is correct you never played a down of football in high school, so I really don’t think your opinion means a whole lot when it comes to what a coach knows. And I mean that in good Christian way!

I'm sure there's a lot of jock sniffer wanna bees on here that never padded up,sweat,hurt,sore and bled playing this awesome sport.
I guarantee it! Including half those wanna be’s on Burg.com! They really bring a bad taste to a great program. I honestly am surprised they are allowed to continue. I’d get some people in there that have a little bit of knowledge and class.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:39 pm

NFL HALL OF FAMER
Regional championships
Program wins
NFL ALL PRO
Record vs Wheelersburg

We’re not trying to go 2-4 in State Championship games. 89 was the last year Ironton won it. Burg put one on the board last year. To be the BEST program in Southern Ohio you have to at least make the playoffs. Or get out of the second round. Or win 7 games, heck even 6 would do it. Ironton CAN NOT be considered the best program. They are the furthest thing from that. It’s one thing to be arrogant. But to not know your place is absolutely dumbfounding.

Like I said before. We all know what he’s trying to do. He’s trying to restore things they have let go by the wayside. That’s cool. Just shut your mouth and play ball.
Yeah! Just shut your mouth up like Burg fans! Geez Ironton! How dare you be excited about a new change!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Fan Friday wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:46 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:39 pm

NFL HALL OF FAMER
Regional championships
Program wins
NFL ALL PRO
Record vs Wheelersburg

Yeah! Just shut your mouth up like Burg fans! Geez Ironton! How dare you be excited about a new change!
I thought we had previously stated that we are NOT coaches.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

So who will score the first TD of the game and how will it happen? Predictions?

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Burg receiving corps very fast..there's my 1st td prediction.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm So who will score the first TD of the game and how will it happen? Predictions?
The first TD, depends on who gets the ball first. Ironton runs it in for a TD or the Burg passes for a TD.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

NFL HALL OF FAMER
Regional championships
Program wins
NFL ALL PRO
Record vs Wheelersburg

WE HAVE AN AWARD WINNING 4-H FARMER
NUMEROUS FORTNITE PLAYERS/When was Ironton's last one?
State Fair appearances (83 Burg Marching band comes to mind, WOW, they were good)
Greater Portsmouth REGIONAL airport (it’s close enough to claim)
Programs to sell (seems like we never can get rid of em)
NFL SUNDAY TICKET
Winningest Coach in Burg Pee Wee History
Record vs 8 Track? I will go with 8 track
Oh, and we are hiring a lock smith for that gate!! I mean , what if there was a fire? Safety first!!

Come on man, any true football fan, including Burg fans RESPECT the history of Ironton football. As well as the history of Portsmouth football. We also respect our history. But, I’m also old enough to remember when the Cleveland Browns were good.

Fact of the matter is we are in present day and all the TALK is wearing me out. But since we are talking. Here are some recent facts.
Fact of the matter is, this senior group at BURG is 30-0 in their regular season career
Fact of the matter is, this senior group at BURG is 40-2 overall including playoffs
Fact of the matter is, this senior group are defending DV Ohio Football State Champions.
Friday night, August 24th. We will show up …if our jerseys come in...still not sure on that. Heard we ordered new ones but are on back order. So, not sure if we can wear practice jerseys or what? I guess worst case scenario we could get the flags from our 3rd and 4th grade and play an old fashioned flag football contest. But, if we do that , I’m not sure of all the rules so it would be sort of boring to watch.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm So who will score the first TD of the game and how will it happen? Predictions?
The hedgehog with a pick 6.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

This game will end with a running clock. Mark my words. I tried to tell Ironton fans a couple of years ago Ashland and Russell would both beat them when they were spouting how down those two teams were pre-season. Ironton does not have the horses. Especially up front where it matters the most. The only difference I see that this years game will bring is that Ironton will be better conditioned. Other than that, they don't have the speed in the secondary nor the guys in the trenches to handle Burg's receiving corp or line. Ironton's Salyers will not get to set his feet. He will be running all night long when he drops back to pass which will be often because Ironton will not run the ball on Burgs D. Burg will move the ball through the air at will. No one will be able to stay with Tanner just like last year. It is the same kids for Ironton in the secondary. Nothing has changed from a personnel stand point. I don't care if Lou Holtz were coaching Ironton, the talent is just at different levels.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

4th and iches wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm Ironton can’t have a website , they can’t put 3 W’s together
that made me laugh. now I had heard that about Michigan football before. but not ironton. all I can say is it's a good thing we didn't have social media from 1972 to 2007, cause the burgites would have 3 whole wins to talk about. in fact they considered naming the new turf at the burg stadium BOB LUTZ'S PLAY GROUND. because he owned the burg. and as far as clueless, what were we talking about again. JUST GLAD TO BE TALKING FOOTBALL AGAIN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”