Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: WK1 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigerfan98 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:32 am Cockiest fans ever you would think Burg lead the series 17-12. I cant wait until Hartley knocks your grins off your faces. A team established not rebuilding. When Ironton was going to the playoffs a billion times in a row they were playing schools bigger and better than them. Burg beats up the OVC and SOC and thinks that's a dynasty.
Also, we only play 1 OVC school. We can’t do anything about the strength of the SOCII. We are scheduling up. So that’s a plus. But do me a favor. Check and see how many games Ironton has won in the past 10 years. I think maybe 1. I’m not sure. It gets lost in all those running clocks.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:38 pm clocks tickin folks........wat an atmosphere Friday night should be in the "Ed".....
That doesn’t start until the 3rd quarter.

And you’re right. The Ed will be rocking on Friday night.

Anyone have an idea what the record is for attendance?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:47 pm
tigerfan98 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:32 am Cockiest fans ever you would think Burg lead the series 17-12. I cant wait until Hartley knocks your grins off your faces. A team established not rebuilding. When Ironton was going to the playoffs a billion times in a row they were playing schools bigger and better than them. Burg beats up the OVC and SOC and thinks that's a dynasty.
Also, we only play 1 OVC school. We can’t do anything about the strength of the SOCII. We are scheduling up. So that’s a plus. But do me a favor. Check and see how many games Ironton has won in the past 10 years. I think maybe 1. I’m not sure. It gets lost in all those running clocks.
Wheelersburg's 8-4 against the Fighting Tigers in the past 10 years

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

fbnut wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:15 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:05 pm
fbnut wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:53 pm

I do
You don’t even have to go back that far. Ironton posters were predicting ironton blowout victories in the playoffs when the burg won the week 1 game
Went back and found a few (37-0 ironton pulls starters midway thru 3rd)
My favorite ( ironton is 5 tds better) this was referring to the tigers right after they were just beat by burg 38-7 in the playoffs
Many more if you want to go back and look
That poster is at the Burg now :)
Not the second one
Many more just like them from a number of different posters
Yes he has many!! 🤣

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:43 pm
The biggest difference is... burg was competitive in 3 of the 4 games that they lost... 2011 being the only one they were not. And still 42-13. No running clock.. lol

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Good Luck to the Ironton Fighting Tigers! You boys know your worth and don’t need a bunch of men who have never played a down of football to give you pointers! Good Luck to the Pirates! I hope it’s an injury free game and both teams go on to have great seasons!

inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

What a great rivalry this has been throughout the years. I bet some of the elders (Ole Bait) could tell us some good stories from all the great games they have seen. How many Ironton/Burg games have you been to Bait?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Now the shoe is on the other foot. The Burg posters are just giving you guys a taste of your own medicine. For years and years Ironton done the same thing. But probably a lot worse.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Still pretty good numbers if you ask me. Lmao

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

inOVCsider wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:43 pm What a great rivalry this has been throughout the years. I bet some of the elders (Ole Bait) could tell us some good stories from all the great games they have seen. How many Ironton/Burg games have you been to Bait?
Patiently waiting.........

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

can any burg fans tell me if the food is good at the ed? looking forward to the game regardless of the outcome

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

Jolly, I believe it probably does feel like 10 years. While the overall record is 8-4 the last 10 years. The last 5 years tell the story. Wheelersburg is 7-0 against the tigers in that span with 5 or 6 running clock victories.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

56-0 burg if wheelersburg feels like being merciful,

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

I’ve noticed after the West scrimmage some of the where gonna give burg all they want posters are changing their tune . I do believe I told everyone last December Ironton lost their entire line they will struggle all year .. this Friday night will be the first start for a lot of tigers new head coach , wheelersburg will be passing out their state championship rings and hanging banners I’m guessing 6k people one word for the tiny tigers OVERWHELMED

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 am can any burg fans tell me if the food is good at the ed? looking forward to the game regardless of the outcome
Yea. Get you a Radar Burger. You’re welcome. Lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Truthful wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:06 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:49 am is the holden kd still at burg, or did he graduate.

embarrassing question to ask for somebody who supposedly follows area football!!!
you're water off a duck's back to me.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:05 pm
fbnut wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:53 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 am I don't ever remember such posts like ironton posters.
I do
You don’t even have to go back that far. Ironton posters were predicting ironton blowout victories in the playoffs when the burg won the week 1 game
Went back and found a few (37-0 ironton pulls starters midway thru 3rd)
My favorite ( ironton is 5 tds better) this was referring to the tigers right after they were just beat by burg 38-7 in the playoffs
Many more if you want to go back and look
That poster is at the Burg now :)
EXACTLY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

inOVCsider wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:43 pm What a great rivalry this has been throughout the years. I bet some of the elders (Ole Bait) could tell us some good stories from all the great games they have seen. How many Ironton/Burg games have you been to Bait?
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY. probably nearly every playoff/state title game. since they started in 72 since I was 12 then. dad n mom started taking me to games as an infant,and i was mostly at all the games. I got to travel all over ky, wva and ohio. it was a blessing and an honor to see those amazing fighting tiger teams, I was at most every one till about 8 years ago when we moved to waverly. I always had somebody to go with me before.with my dad and sons living in ironton. so there was another driver available for driving at night. after a 3 year bout with blindness in my early 20's because of a cornea disease called keratoconus.. I had to have 3 corneal transplants. and lisa was always working Fridays, so I had no one to go with. and I have only made a dozen or so at the most last 8 years. I just don't drive at night anymore other than maybe church n back, or to town. honestly I don't know if i'll be able to make this one or not. lisa is off work with heart problems and other things. and I don't know if we can make it Friday night or not. we hope to but she's at the dr. at somc as we speak. I hope to be there. hard to find people from waverly that want to ride with you to an ironton game. if I can't be there, i'll be right here clingin to the computer. I'm sure some horse's butt will make fun of me if I don't. so expect it. I could care less. it only makes them look smaller, not me. I have a very serious question, is there anyplace to watch ironton games on the computer. for those who can't get to games. and does burg have a site where they are streaming this live. and congratulations to the wheelersburg pirates, I'd love to see the ceremony. you'll be surprised how many ironton fans appreciate the accomplishment, from one of their biggest rivals. and the amazing feat by the 11/12 year old burg girls winning the WORLD LITTLE LEAGUE TITLE is just beyond amazing. and with burg's baseball n basketball programs, they are certainly the gold standard in these parts sports depthwise. who would not appreciate that. I do. it's very admirable. ========= but now a new era starts under a new fighting tiger football coach, and a staff of veteran assistants. and expectations are once again the talk of the area. huge task at hand Friday for the young tigers. we have to be squared away early, especially in the secondary and on special teams because burg wants more than anything to get a running clock on any opponent. so we are going to have to be fundamentally sound and play above our heads early. look for anything onside kicks, fake punts, flea flickers, hook n ladders, anything. I hope it is a very exciting, safe game by both teams. and they both have amazing seasons.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:12 am
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY. probably nearly every playoff/state title game. since they started in 72 since I was 12 then. dad n mom started taking me to games as an infant,and i was mostly at all the games. I got to travel all over ky, wva and ohio. it was a blessing and an honor to see those amazing fighting tiger teams, I was at most every one till about 8 years ago when we moved to waverly. I always had somebody to go with me before.with my dad and sons living in ironton. so there was another driver available for driving at night. after a 3 year bout with blindness in my early 20's because of a cornea disease called keratoconus.. I had to have 3 corneal transplants. and lisa was always working Fridays, so I had no one to go with. and I have only made a dozen or so at the most last 8 years. I just don't drive at night anymore other than maybe church n back, or to town. honestly I don't know if i'll be able to make this one or not. lisa is off work with heart problems and other things. and I don't know if we can make it Friday night or not. we hope to but she's at the dr. at somc as we speak. I hope to be there. hard to find people from waverly that want to ride with you to an ironton game. if I can't be there, i'll be right here clingin to the computer. I'm sure some horse's butt will make fun of me if I don't. so expect it. I could care less. it only makes them look smaller, not me. I have a very serious question, is there anyplace to watch ironton games on the computer. for those who can't get to games. and does burg have a site where they are streaming this live. and congratulations to the wheelersburg pirates, I'd love to see the ceremony. you'll be surprised how many ironton fans appreciate the accomplishment, from one of their biggest rivals. and the amazing feat by the 11/12 year old burg girls winning the WORLD LITTLE LEAGUE TITLE is just beyond amazing. and with burg's baseball n basketball programs, they are certainly the gold standard in these parts sports depthwise. who would not appreciate that. I do. it's very admirable. ========= but now a new era starts under a new fighting tiger football coach, and a staff of veteran assistants. and expectations are once again the talk of the area. huge task at hand Friday for the young tigers. we have to be squared away early, especially in the secondary and on special teams because burg wants more than anything to get a running clock on any opponent. so we are going to have to be fundamentally sound and play above our heads early. look for anything onside kicks, fake punts, flea flickers, hook n ladders, anything. I hope it is a very exciting, safe game by both teams. and they both have amazing seasons.
classy post my man

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:31 am
Kicker. wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 am can any burg fans tell me if the food is good at the ed? looking forward to the game regardless of the outcome
Yea. Get you a Radar Burger. You’re welcome. Lol

going to take your word for it, can't wait for friday

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Football”