Freshman Team

Re: Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by 12gauge »

Haha

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

12gauge wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:51 pm Enjoy Burgites-IBTT comin at you live!
Just a little FYI,when he opens his mouth it's a untrue.
No he didn't play football,he played tennis.
Remember it's not the kids fault his dad ain't right.
Might want to get your information correct, I did play football, and I did play Tennis, Baseball and basketball. This has nothing to do with me however. The decision of my son to get away from a program that is imploding was completely his decision and one that he had wanted to make in the 7th grade. I tried to believe that things would get better every year and that he could get coached with this only getting worse each season. After two of the best coaches on the staff were sent packing, my son saw no reason to stay with this sinking ship and I saw it the same way. I want to give him every chance he can to be coached from the best and to have a very intense environment for him to thrive in. At Ironton the weightlifting 45 minute program was comprised of sex noises throughout the whole session and kids not taking things seriously. Trust me when I say it is not that way at Wheelersburg. Ironton didn't used to be this way. The kids used to take it seriously and the coaches were highly respected. I think Coach Vass is a nice guy, but at this time even Urban Meyers would have a rough time righting this ship in a 3 year period. We are extremely happy with our choice and love the decision that was made. I do hope Ironton the best as I will always be a fighting tiger fan..except one game this year. Go Pirates!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to your son at the Burg. I have to say though, IBTT on the Burg side now is pretty comical, especially with all the banter between you and the Burgites the last couple years lol.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I have always respected their program. They have great coaching. I just was way off on my hopes for Ironton for a couple of years. The talent was there, just never got to see all the potential come out of all of them. Wheelersburg got it all out of their kids.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

IBTT wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:27 am
Might want to get your information correct, I did play football, and I did play Tennis, Baseball and basketball. This has nothing to do with me however. The decision of my son to get away from a program that is imploding was completely his decision and one that he had wanted to make in the 7th grade. I tried to believe that things would get better every year and that he could get coached with this only getting worse each season. After two of the best coaches on the staff were sent packing, my son saw no reason to stay with this sinking ship and I saw it the same way. I want to give him every chance he can to be coached from the best and to have a very intense environment for him to thrive in. At Ironton the weightlifting 45 minute program was comprised of sex noises throughout the whole session and kids not taking things seriously. Trust me when I say it is not that way at Wheelersburg. Ironton didn't used to be this way. The kids used to take it seriously and the coaches were highly respected. I think Coach Vass is a nice guy, but at this time even Urban Meyers would have a rough time righting this ship in a 3 year period. We are extremely happy with our choice and love the decision that was made. I do hope Ironton the best as I will always be a fighting tiger fan..except one game this year. Go Pirates!!
Don’t feed everyone full of your s#%+. You were one of the biggest problems Ironton had as a fan.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

IBTT,if you could give me the year\years you played football. I still have all my programs. Thanks in advance

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

‘87 season. I started working the following year and chose that over football.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

12gauge wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:37 pm IBTT,if you could give me the year\years you played football. I still have all my programs. Thanks in advance
Who cares when IBTT played. His sons pic can now be found in the Pirate program.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

rxburgfan wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:38 pm
12gauge wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:37 pm IBTT,if you could give me the year\years you played football. I still have all my programs. Thanks in advance
Who cares when IBTT played. His sons pic can now be found in the Pirate program.
Yes!!

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

All the Burg people will figure it out on their own. Most people already know who IBTT is and they know his reputation. His son will be returning to Ironton after football season to graduate with his class. At least that’s what has been told to several students and parents IBTT has never been a team player. It’s quite comical to hear him say anything about other kids in the weight room or their work ethics. The whole community was glad to see IBTT go.
Last edited by Fan Friday on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

IBTT if I were you I’d be very careful about what you say about other children and their work ethics. I know you secrets that you definitely don’t want told. So if I were you, I would keep any kids names from Ironton out of your mouth. Things could get real ugly real quick. On behalf of Ironton we want to thank you for leaving.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Game day wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:11 pm
Don’t feed everyone full of your s#%+. You were one of the biggest problems Ironton had as a fan.
You are so right!

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

IBTT wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:13 pm I have always respected their program. They have great coaching. I just was way off on my hopes for Ironton for a couple of years. The talent was there, just never got to see all the potential come out of all of them. Wheelersburg got it all out of their kids.
This is a comical statement IBTT. You have done nothing but complain and hate on Burg for YEARS!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Well this is the ironton @ Burg thread, not the IBTT dirty secret thread, so let’s keep it that way.

Both burg and ironton will have a nice set of skilled kids in this game but depth will overwhelm the tigers again. I’ll go on a very,very early prediction of 35-13

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:51 am Well this is the ironton @ Burg thread, not the IBTT dirty secret thread, so let’s keep it that way.

Both burg and ironton will have a nice set of skilled kids in this game but depth will overwhelm the tigers again. I’ll go on a very,very early prediction of 35-13
Don’t show your ignorance for IBTT.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Fan Friday wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 pm
IBTT wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:13 pm I have always respected their program. They have great coaching. I just was way off on my hopes for Ironton for a couple of years. The talent was there, just never got to see all the potential come out of all of them. Wheelersburg got it all out of their kids.
This is a comical statement IBTT. You have done nothing but complain and hate on Burg for YEARS!
That’s the trouble...everybody hates the Burg because they want to be like them. Now he’s one of them. Keep coming to the light kids...don’t be afraid.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Everybody doesn't hate the Burg, I'm not a Burg fan, because most Burg people think
their better than everyone else.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

rxburgfan wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:44 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 pm
That’s the trouble...everybody hates the Burg because they want to be like them. Now he’s one of them. Keep coming to the light kids...don’t be afraid.
And we thank you! Please keep IBTT there!

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Just what we need. I know people that know this guy. Would love to hear when he played baseball and basketball too. I am guessing it was on a heck of a third grade team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:30 pm Everybody doesn't hate the Burg, I'm not a Burg fan, because most Burg people think
their better than everyone else.
I wanna let people know something. there is not one single team I hate, not burg, Ashland, Portsmouth, desales, Russell, logan, Jackson, Athens or any ovc team --- nobody. I simply love football. youth, junior high, high school on up. not even Michigan or the steelers, I do however respect them deeply. once you've been on the field you know what it takes to be and stay on top. and I have nothing but respect for other programs, especially burg. sure the fans go back n forth, huge rivalries, communities split. funny pictures, intimidating posts. I'm sure in ironton's heyday we were just as cocky, I know I was. but it was never at the lack of respect for other school's. ironton thrived on the toughest competition around, no matter where they had to go to play. that's what built their program. now burg is doing the very same thing. and it's paying huge dividends. that's what makes sports great. I do not dislike hammer because he's now at rock hill. I'm proud of him. successful programs should be opportunities for coaching opportunities.no matter if they land at a rival or not. and more often than not they do, because the opposition is familiar with that coach. heck I spent 32 years in the rock hill district. I follow them and the tigers. I only lived in ironton till I was 19. we should have fun with this. and respect rivals. especially if you have ever actually played the game and risked life n limb. it should be something that swells inside you forever. sports is an amazing escape from reality, once you are not a player. and we should respect the programs that play us. no disrespect to any ovc team. they have caught ironton, and surpassing them. but I'm going on 58 and never in my wildest dreams did I ever see ironton in the ovc. I admit, I initially hated the thoughts of it. but now with the addition of ironton, Portsmouth and gahs. it actually makes perfect sense, geographically, expense wise, filling seats. but admittedly I was strongly opposed at first. I was one of the last of the dinosaurs who thought ironton could still play all the big boys any and everywhere. but I have come to grips with that now. and love the new rivalries. but lets be honest for a minute. if ironton football was still hitting on all cylinders , this idea would have just been a pipedream about joining a conference. just speaking of the tigers here. but things have changed, and it makes more sense than ever now. burg has outgrown their league, and must find stiffer competition out of conference, and they are doing just that. -------------------------- but what happens say a d1 or d2 school calls with deep pockets and takes burg's coach, and maybe several of his key staff. they could be in a sinking ship as well as the tigers. but hey that's what makes sports great ain't it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”