Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

14U
S

Re: Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

Post by 14U »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:23 pm I think Pendleton and his Tigers earned some respect.
I didn't think it would be that close.
Congratulations to the Burg on the win and congratulations to Ironton for showing up and playing hard.
I see good things happening in Tiger country.
Most people had them down at half by 35. Ironton showed up to play, take the INT and Hail Mary out its 14-0 half. I seen a lot of ❌ichigan st plays last night and I see Pendleton doing great thing in Itown!!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:04 pm If they meet again burg will win again!
That doesn’t matter! What matters is pendelton had his Tigers ready to play and they left burg with confidence!! They will win plenty of game against Russell and OVC teams

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

I was not able to attend the game but it seems to me that we got those quick 21 points. and thought ok easy and then we got a punch in the mouth. Ironton is deff way better from what I heard on the radio than the last sevral years. I dont know if we really showed everything or we just thought it was over. But this Friday we better bring it all and not let up for a second. this will likely be one of if not the best team we see all year. GO BURG!!!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

TOUGH wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:45 pm How many drives did Wheelersburg have? They got short fields after short fields and struggled to move the ball. Coach said it best this morning. It took awhile for the young guys to believe but once they did they were playing right with if not better than the state champs. I hope we play again. I think the Tigers hope to play them again.
Until burg find the replacements for the 4 linemen they will struggle!! They use different combinations last night and nothing worked! Burg will get it figured out as will Ironton will beat Russell and win the OVC! Seen better conditioning, better play calling on offense last night, it looks like Ironton made the right choice in pendelton. I can see this being a great gate, great rival close games again!!

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

My take without being there: Ironton is much improved. Wheelersburg still won by 3 scores. Am I missing something?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Rosco wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:23 am Burg better find a way to establish the run against the upgraded nonconference competition.
Said this many times!!! Burg better find 4 replacements of 5 linemen from last years seniors

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bfry wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:48 pm My take without being there: Ironton is much improved. Wheelersburg still won by 3 scores. Am I missing something?
No you’re not. Ironton is much improved. Did make burg play hard and burg won by three scores. Both teams played a solid game but both have things that they can improve on. Both should have solid years, Burg is just better this year.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Ironton is going to be loaded for next couple years. They will return 9 of 11 starters on D next year and 8 of 11 starters on offense. Give those kids a full year in weight room with this staff and it’s going to be scary.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

What’s scary is burg has some very fast underclassmen that will see more time as the season progresses! Lots of speed! Still...Burg is the word!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TOUGH wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:11 pm Ironton is going to be loaded for next couple years. They will return 9 of 11 starters on D next year and 8 of 11 starters on offense. Give those kids a full year in weight room with this staff and it’s going to be scary.
I agree

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think the future is bright for both programs. ironton is young right now and low on depth, but great effort.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Does anyone have defensive stats for this game?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd like to hear some honest opinions now from some burg posters about this game as to their opinion on the improvement or not of the tigers, nothing degrading or anything. just an honest, humble opinion as to what they saw and expect out of the fighting tigers moving forward.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:43 am I'd like to hear some honest opinions now from some burg posters about this game as to their opinion on the improvement or not of the tigers, nothing degrading or anything. just an honest, humble opinion as to what they saw and expect out of the fighting tigers moving forward.
I think you already received that.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Ironton deff better and will continue to improve burg will get better . Next year will be something different Burg loses a lot of there skilled people, new quarterback and receivers, hard players to replace.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope it gets back to rockem, sockem, whoever has the ball last kind of games we are all used to seeing.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:43 am I'd like to hear some honest opinions now from some burg posters about this game as to their opinion on the improvement or not of the tigers, nothing degrading or anything. just an honest, humble opinion as to what they saw and expect out of the fighting tigers moving forward.
Now after going back and watching it again on FB. Up until that last drive of the game Ironton couldn’t do anything Offensively running the ball. I did notice however, Wheelersburg changed up the DL. All 4 of them. That may be something contributing to that success they had on the ground there.

Ironton did chew up some clock in the second half as well. They had moments of success. But really couldn’t sustain a drive past 7-8 plays. They faced a ton of 3rd downs. Too many to keep the kids fresh. G. Salyers is an athlete and very tough. You guys will have some fun watching him this season. Carrico is a baller. Can’t deny that. He is still a little green. But the next couple of years it will be tough to stop him. OL looked decent at times. They are a little slow coming off the ball. But they are strong. Reminiscent of years ago. By week 10 you guys should be rolling. Barring any injuries I’d say you may be looking at 8-2 and a home game at Tank Memorial.

For Burg, I thought they seemed a step off. A couple errant passes that would have been huge gains in the first half. That most likely would have put the game away.

Overall I thought both teams looked good and both have things to work on before Friday. But with Burgs and now Irontons coaching staff, those have already been addressed. Good luck the rest of the way. And here’s to week 14 🍻

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

The final score does not tell the story of this game.This game was pretty much even the last 2 and a half quarters.The burg is not down,Ironton has just improved greatly.You wii prove my point when you beat Hartley and I hope you do.

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

This game is over,let's move on. Ironton has improved. The next 9 weeks will show how much they have improved or if they were just that amped up to play The Burg.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:13 am
Now after going back and watching it again on FB. Up until that last drive of the game Ironton couldn’t do anything Offensively running the ball. I did notice however, Wheelersburg changed up the DL. All 4 of them. That may be something contributing to that success they had on the ground there.

Ironton did chew up some clock in the second half as well. They had moments of success. But really couldn’t sustain a drive past 7-8 plays. They faced a ton of 3rd downs. Too many to keep the kids fresh. G. Salyers is an athlete and very tough. You guys will have some fun watching him this season. Carrico is a baller. Can’t deny that. He is still a little green. But the next couple of years it will be tough to stop him. OL looked decent at times. They are a little slow coming off the ball. But they are strong. Reminiscent of years ago. By week 10 you guys should be rolling. Barring any injuries I’d say you may be looking at 8-2 and a home game at Tank Memorial.

For Burg, I thought they seemed a step off. A couple errant passes that would have been huge gains in the first half. That most likely would have put the game away.

Overall I thought both teams looked good and both have things to work on before Friday. But with Burgs and now Irontons coaching staff, those have already been addressed. Good luck the rest of the way. And here’s to week 14 🍻

thank you brother. good luck to you all against Hartley.
and good luck to ironton against Russell.

Return to “Football”