Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:41 pm If you guys want to argue, take it to Facebook. I for one am not interested in reading about anything other than football in this forum and I know I speak for many others too. This is supposed to be way to discuss the beautiful sport of football and right now it just sounds like a group of 12yr old girls arguing. Not everyone who disagrees with you is out to get you, and differences in opinion are what drives the debates in a good forum. Let's get back to the game....
spider I could not agree more. it's sad that this happens. I try to take the high road everytime. but someone is always choppin me down at the knees , that's where I draw the line. especially if there are lies being said about me. for years I have been tryin to keep the peace here as far as my part. I agree let's do get back to the game. entirely about the dame.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Arguing with women is a lost cause.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I heard that. I married one 32 years ago.
the lovely mrs. bait can bring it when needed.
and she can argue football and replays/techniques and calls with any coach's wife or former player.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Didn’t make it to the Grove for previews. Don’t put a lot of stock in that. Hate the way the OVC has done it for years. I’ve heard the Tigers looked better but was Gallia just down? Is there anyone that’s seen both Wheelersburg and Ironton and what do they think about the game in 2 weeks... Can Ironton play with them or will it be like the last few years?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Depends on how momentum plays early. If it swing in Itowns favor I think it will be close at halftime. If not. Look out. I think Burg can score from anywhere on the field. The deep ball should cause some concern for Ironton.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm hopeful the Tigers will turn the corner and be better but it won't happen week 1.
Burg 42
Ironton 20

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:26 pm Depends on how momentum plays early. If it swing in Itowns favor I think it will be close at halftime. If not. Look out. I think Burg can score from anywhere on the field. The deep ball should cause some concern for Ironton.
Have you watched both teams?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:03 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:26 pm Depends on how momentum plays early. If it swing in Itowns favor I think it will be close at halftime. If not. Look out. I think Burg can score from anywhere on the field. The deep ball should cause some concern for Ironton.
I watch the FB stream of the preview. Went and watch Burg v Chillicothe scrimmage.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 pm
I watch the FB stream of the preview. Went and watch Burg v Chillicothe scrimmage.
I watched both teams and I couldn’t tell ya at this point. Burg looked great at the start of chilly scrimmage then bogged down. Ironton looked really good against Gallia Academy but Gallia didn’t show that they had anything while ironton was very aggressive. The biggest thing I see is the depth. Ironton isn’t as deep and I think will play a factor late in the game unless ironton can sustain long drives, which I think will be difficult. I thought burgs defense was pretty strong against chilly

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:18 pm

I watched both teams and I couldn’t tell ya at this point. Burg looked great at the start of chilly scrimmage then bogged down. Ironton looked really good against Gallia Academy but Gallia didn’t show that they had anything while ironton was very aggressive. The biggest thing I see is the depth. Ironton isn’t as deep and I think will play a factor late in the game unless ironton can sustain long drives, which I think will be difficult. I thought burgs defense was pretty strong against chilly

You think it’s closer than the running clock predictions all the Burg fans have been predicting all off season? Has the gap closed from 48-3 to now it actually being a highly contested game?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Yea. I totally agree with all that. The defense, surprisingly, is a good unit. I just think if Salyers has time to get through 2 reads (Mathews and Holden) they will be very hard to stop. Then with Donini at TE getting looks. This passing game is going to be nasty. I’m sure they will have other help, but from the speed I saw out of Mathews, they may not need it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 pm

You think it’s closer than the running clock predictions all the Burg fans have been predicting all off season? Has the gap closed from 48-3 to now it actually being a highly contested game?
I think that depends on Ironton and their pass defense. I hate to sound like a broken record. But if they can’t cover the two biggest playmakers on the field and keep everyone else in check at the same time. It will be trouble. I want to say Burg by 30 but I have a feeling it will be Burg by 15

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Wheelersburg is 36.5 point favorites... Interesting!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TOUGH wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:16 am Wheelersburg is 36.5 point favorites... Interesting!!!
I wouldn’t say that’s impossible.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 pm

I think burg will win but it won’t be like the last few meetings. Ironton has a pretty good team just by the eye test. I’m not sure they can pull the upset but you never know. That’s why they play the game.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:59 am [quote=TOUGH post_id=<a href="tel:1675628">1675628</a> time=<a href="tel:1534214100">1534214100</a> user_id=13571]
[quote=wobycat post_id=<a href="tel:1675625">1675625</a> time=<a href="tel:1534213094">1534213094</a> user_id=123]
[quote="Jolly P(irate)" post_id=<a href="tel:1675624">1675624</a> time=<a href="tel:1534212628">1534212628</a> user_id=10996]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think burg will win but it won’t be like the last few meetings. Ironton has a pretty good team just by the eye test. I’m not sure they can pull the upset but you never know. That’s why they play the game.
[/quote]

I’ve been saying for months this will be a great game. Hard to believe the gap has closed enough that some Wheelersburg fans aren’t so sure what the outcome will be. Back in the winter it was we’re going to score 50 and running clock at start of 2nd half. Amazing how the tide has changed in a very short amount of time. From reading on the Ironton Facebook page I think the coaches and players truly believe they are going to win the game and get back to the old days. I’m not sure this type of mindset has been in the program in a long time. I can’t wait for this one. Should be a great be a great ball game. Wobycat I appreciate your input. I haven’t seen either team yet but heard they both looked good so it looks like the Tigers are on the right path.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Watched the FB stream of Ironton and Gallia. I just don't see this being close in the second half. In the past, Burg shows very little and has not blown me away in their scrimmages and that didn't change this year. They looked really good at time, but also sub par at times and really that par for the course when it comes to burg in scrimmages, and has little to no impact on the team that shows up week 1. Ironton had some bright spots but the reality of the situation is that Gallia was very weak on both sides of the ball, and struggled to even complete a pass most times. I do think Ironton has improved since last year, but honestly i still see this as a 20-30pt game in the end. JMO.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope this game is a big surprise to both teams.

countywide35
SEOP

Re: WK1 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by countywide35 »

clocks tickin down

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 am Watched the FB stream of Ironton and Gallia. I just don't see this being close in the second half. In the past, Burg shows very little and has not blown me away in their scrimmages and that didn't change this year. They looked really good at time, but also sub par at times and really that par for the course when it comes to burg in scrimmages, and has little to no impact on the team that shows up week 1. Ironton had some bright spots but the reality of the situation is that Gallia was very weak on both sides of the ball, and struggled to even complete a pass most times. I do think Ironton has improved since last year, but honestly i still see this as a 20-30pt game in the end. JMO.
They couldn’t get a pass off because Ironton was in the backfield so fast! Ironton had sophomores and freshmen in the second half of the game. Gonna be a good game! JMO

Return to “Football”