Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HEY I WOULD HAVE TO SAY I'D BE PROUD TO SEE THAT RED. INSTEAD OF GETTING TORCHED BY 40. BUT THEN AGAIN WE NEVER KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GAR-ON-TEE YOU THIS ONE IS CIRCLED IN EVER PLAYERS LOCKER.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they don't play these games on social media.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I do think that Ironton will be a better team with Pendleton at the helm. But I do believe that he won't have enough time this year to have his team totally prepared so in my opinion maybe the 2019 season we will see improvement in Irontons program and hopefully the kids and especially the parents will buy into what coach Pendleton is trying to accomplish and if that happens I believe that ironton could be good again. It took coach Woodward 5 years to totally have everyone but into his way of doing things and it's definitely working. I am a Burg graduate that wants to see the the games that Burg and Ironton used to have those were very exciting so hopefully ironto just took the first step in reviving their program

Burg grad 85
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SCOTT THAT'S A GREAT, HONEST POST. I LIKED IT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

I'D LIKE TO HEAR SOME PREDICTIONS FROM PIRATE LAND TO PUT ON THE BULLETIN BOARD IN THE BELLY OF TANK'S MEMORIAL STADIUM THIS FALL. I THINK THIS GAME MAY JUST SUPRISE SOME.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:03 pm I'D LIKE TO HEAR SOME PREDICTIONS FROM PIRATE LAND TO PUT ON THE BULLETIN BOARD IN THE BELLY OF TANK'S MEMORIAL STADIUM THIS FALL. I THINK THIS GAME MAY JUST SUPRISE SOME.
When you say surprise do you mean an ironton victory? A 14-21 spread? No running clock?

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Im glad Ironton got a new coach and a new attitude but they are not going to the Burg with all the talent The Pirates has returning and coming out with a win. And i wont be suprised .. just like yhe last few years. What most Ironton fans would like is an 8-2 record with dedication to playing and representing the correct way. No personal fouls and a smart team that is in shape and turns the corner to again being a smart , physical team that the town can be proud of ..

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:40 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:03 pm I'D LIKE TO HEAR SOME PREDICTIONS FROM PIRATE LAND TO PUT ON THE BULLETIN BOARD IN THE BELLY OF TANK'S MEMORIAL STADIUM THIS FALL. I THINK THIS GAME MAY JUST SUPRISE SOME.
When you say surprise do you mean an ironton victory? A 14-21 spread? No running clock?
Not really looking at any drop off for burg. They have a ton of talent returning. To go from what ironton put on the field last year to competing with a top 5 D5 team is a huge leap.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:40 pm
honestly in my heart of hearts. I'm not predicting this at all. but I am dreaming of it. by surprise I meant a way more competitive game. that's a tough 1st game for anybody. frankly I don't know what ironton has coming back, and or what wheelersburg lost. so I don't know if they have the horses yet. but I know the staff, and I know they'll come in thinking nothing but an upset over the pirates. but everybody knows that's going to be a tall task. you are going to see a very different fighting tiger team this year. but everybody is waiting to see if we'll be more physical, disciplined and fundamental. and not shooting ourselves in the foot with 15 yarders. win/lose if we see an improvement there, then we'll know we're heading in the right direction. but there are no moral victories in sports.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hoot wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:12 pm Im glad Ironton got a new coach and a new attitude but they are not going to the Burg with all the talent The Pirates has returning and coming out with a win. And i wont be suprised .. just like yhe last few years. What most Ironton fans would like is an 8-2 record with dedication to playing and representing the correct way. No personal fouls and a smart team that is in shape and turns the corner to again being a smart , physical team that the town can be proud of ..
I didn't see your post when I wrote mine. but that's a great post hoot.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by footballelite »

I have heard some people saying that Wheelersburg's offense will be better this year than last ???

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

footballelite wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm I have heard some people saying that Wheelersburg's offense will be better this year than last ???
It should be. They will need to plug some lineman holes. A guard and a tackle would be my guess. They return, QB, WR, SLOT, and two TB's that are solid. Burg should be considered a state contender, although they will have to find a few to fill new roles.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:24 pm
footballelite wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm I have heard some people saying that Wheelersburg's offense will be better this year than last ???
It should be. They will need to plug some lineman holes. A guard and a tackle would be my guess. They return, QB, WR, SLOT, and two TB's that are solid. Burg should be considered a state contender, although they will have to find a few to fill new roles.
I think the offense should be better. A lot of weapons on offense. I’m not sure about the D. Have to replace the entire Dline a linebacker and 2 very good corners. I think they will be alright in the D backfield. That Dline and LB played a lot of very good football over there 3 years

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:03 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:24 pm
I think the offense should be better. A lot of weapons on offense. I’m not sure about the D. Have to replace the entire Dline a linebacker and 2 very good corners. I think they will be alright in the D backfield. That Dline and LB played a lot of very good football over there 3 years

Agree about the d line. Since this is the ironton/burg thread, I could see ironton with their big backs test that early. Secondary should be ok but they have to fill there too.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

really looking forward to seeing this one.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

This game is going to be very interesting! Much better than the so called experts think.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:48 am This game is going to be very interesting! Much better than the so called experts think.
It will for the first quarter. Ironton has lost to players to transfer, and a few starters from last year's team. I know Ironton fans are excited for the change but they will not have the depth to keep up with Burg this year.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 am
TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:48 am This game is going to be very interesting! Much better than the so called experts think.
It will for the first quarter. Ironton has lost to players to transfer, and a few starters from last year's team. I know Ironton fans are excited for the change but they will not have the depth to keep up with Burg this year.
I think your underestimating Ironton. The last few years will he night and day difference to now. Also rumors swirling around town that the new transfers moving in far exceed what we lost. The tigers will look completely different.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 am
I think your underestimating Ironton. The last few years will he night and day difference to now. Also rumors swirling around town that the new transfers moving in far exceed what we lost. The tigers will look completely different.
I am not underestimating Ironton. I think they will have a better year, but even with your new transfers, it won't solve the tigers depth problem. I am thinking logical about it.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

You win games on the line of scrimmage. Wheelersburg is replacing 4 starters on o line and all 4 down lineman.... Remeber that. The young kids at ironton got a lot of valuable experience last year due to injuries ect. Irontons skill guys will be just as good as Wheelersburg’s overall trust me. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ironton doesn’t have the best player on the field come August😳😳😳😳😳😳😳.

Return to “Football”