2018 MVL Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: MVL Expansion?

Post by Orange and Brown »

teach1coach2 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:48 pm I'd like to be the first to welcome the new members. 2 divisions should give a lot more teams a (realistic) chance to win a title in the MVL.
Who are the 2 teams?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Meadowbrook, Coshocton, River VIew?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Coshocton would survive. Meadowbrook and Riverview will be eaten alive.

Have gun, will travel
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

wvabuckeye wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:52 pm The most recent"rumor" and not confirmed by the league itself is that River View, Coshocton and Meadowbrook were invited to add three more schools and have until end of Bball to decide. If one of them rejects, Cambridge was informed they would be invited in their stead.
This guy had the scoop back on Valentine's Day. Kind of funny how in a forum with hundreds of false rumors the one guy who has the scoop was utterly ignored.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:37 pm Coshocton would survive. Meadowbrook and Riverview will be eaten alive.
No, two divisions

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This will open up more non conference games for the MVL schools as well. I would love to see NY play some of these schools in football. Renew the Crooksville rivalry.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

I don't why the MVl big school division didn't let Zanesville in and add Cambridge to the small school division, Zanesville is smaller then Tri-Valley about 50 boys smaller, I know to most schools in the MVl that Zanesville is the big bullies of Muskingum county,I still think most of the MVl big school division could complete with them in football, and in basketball Zanesville might win there fair share of league titles in basketball, but you never know, Meadowbrook gave them all that could handle in the league and then beat them in the tournament

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Hawks1112 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:03 pm I don't why the MVl big school division didn't let Zanesville in and add Cambridge to the small school division, Zanesville is smaller then Tri-Valley about 50 boys smaller, I know to most schools in the MVl that Zanesville is the big bullies of Muskingum county,I still think most of the MVl big school division could complete with them in football, and in basketball Zanesville might win there fair share of league titles in basketball, but you never know, Meadowbrook gave them all that could handle in the league and then beat them in the tournament
You would think the MVL would want Zville since they are going large/small. Competition doesn't seem to be an issue, especially now. Historically basketball would be the outlier but most other sports have been pretty average at Zville for as long as I can remember.

thekinggambler
Waterboy

Post by thekinggambler »

Any updates on where this stands?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

It's in the hands of the schools who want in. The terms of getting in have been laid out. 3 of the 4 (if any of the first 3 say no, the 4th school gets an opportunity) need to say yes officially through Board action by the end of the month or no expansion.

wvabuckeye
Waterboy

Post by wvabuckeye »

teach1coach2 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:46 pm
wvabuckeye wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:52 pm The most recent"rumor" and not confirmed by the league itself is that River View, Coshocton and Meadowbrook were invited to add three more schools and have until end of Bball to decide. If one of them rejects, Cambridge was informed they would be invited in their stead.
This guy had the scoop back on Valentine's Day. Kind of funny how in a forum with hundreds of false rumors the one guy who has the scoop was utterly ignored.
LOL . . , thank you teach1coach2

Go Bucks! Go Bengals!
Go Cavs! Go Reds! Go Indians!
teach1coach2
All State

Re: Muskingum Valley League expansion official

Post by teach1coach2 »

Weeks 1 through 3 teams can play non-league games or play league opponents they are not required to play.

Weeks 4 through 10 are the two required crossover games (rivalries, neighbors, bigger schools vs bigger schools) and the 5 games within the division. The largest schools in the league will not be playing the smallest in the league.

Don't expect all crossover games to be weeks 4 and 5. Crossovers like Sheridan-New Lex and Riverview-Coshocton will likely be week 10.

skinnyblonde
Waterboy

Post by skinnyblonde »

Meadowbrook and Cambridge will no longer be week 10?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Nope. Different leagues in 2020. I am assuming that Meadowbrook and Cambridge will play week 1.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Was game 1 for years before we were in the same league.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

How many years did Meadowbrook kickoff the season with Union Local?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

https://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com ... 579425002/

River View has more students than Philo or Cambridge, so the divisions would not be as Hannahs suggested in the article if 2 more teams were added.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

https://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com ... 599040002/

Could you imagine Warren saying this to the TVC or Logan saying this to the LCL or MSL?

Return to “Football”