Cattleballs as a training tool for football

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Cattleballs as a training tool for football

Post by Wings Teaford »

We used to use these heavy weighted balls for weightlifting. Is anyone else using this technology in their programs? What are your thoughts. I heard them called cattleballs. Seems like an odd name for a training tool.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

Re: Cattleballs as a training tool for football

Post by PowerLifitingNut »

Wings Teaford wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:41 pm We used to use these heavy weighted balls for weightlifting. Is anyone else using this technology in their programs? What are your thoughts. I heard them called cattleballs. Seems like an odd name for a training tool.
Yes and some folks, mainly those living in Texas, Wyoming and Montana, think they taste pretty good too. Some people call them Rocky Mountain oysters. We've never used them in the weight room but I've heard some of the Meigs County schools do. :mrgreen:

Sportfan97
Waterboy

Post by Sportfan97 »

I think you mean Kettlebells...lol

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Look at the source of the thread. Explains why they didn't win much when he coached

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Fletchlives wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 pm Look at the source of the thread. Explains why they didn't win much when he coached
We was undefeated for 5 years running in Jr High. But the state wouldn't let some of our boys play in high school just cause they were 19 and 20 years old. Pizzed me off. :evil:

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Wings Teaford wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:37 am
Fletchlives wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 pm Look at the source of the thread. Explains why they didn't win much when he coached
We was undefeated for 5 years running in Jr High. But the state wouldn't let some of our boys play in high school just cause they were 19 and 20 years old. Pizzed me off. :evil:
I remember the year that Racine had that 20 year old move in. He was hell on wheels in the scrimmage games. Then someone figured out how old he was so he never got to play in a real game. Would have been great though if he could have teamed up with those 20 year old sophomores they had. :mrgreen:

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

Cattleballs and all other waits is bad for you. They throws off yer shot.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Dirty Sanchez
Riding the Bench

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Almost Champions wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 am Cattleballs and all other waits is bad for you. They throws off yer shot.
I sure am glad that you people down there think this way. Makes you easy to push around on the field and the court. :lol:

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Dirty Sanchez wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:10 am
Almost Champions wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 am Cattleballs and all other waits is bad for you. They throws off yer shot.
I sure am glad that you people down there think this way. Makes you easy to push around on the field and the court. :lol:
You must not read to good. I got them boys liftin. And they got the hemorrhoids to prove it.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

And I'm sure you have hemorrhoids from sitting your butt for the last umpteen years!

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Fletchlives wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:57 pm And I'm sure you have hemorrhoids from sitting your butt for the last umpteen years!
That dude's an idiot. :roll:

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

hardhitter ll wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:57 pm
Fletchlives wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:57 pm And I'm sure you have hemorrhoids from sitting your butt for the last umpteen years!

Wings neds to be careful with them cattleballs. He needs to diversifry his workout by adding some polymetrics.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:46 am
hardhitter ll wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Wings neds to be careful with them cattleballs. He needs to diversifry his workout by adding some polymetrics.
I've heard he's moved on from "cattle balls" to grapefruits. :mrgreen:

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Is Wings implying that cattleballs causes hemorrhoids? The explanation could be kinda scary. Might want to keep him off the fairgrounds in Meigs county.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Koondogger 2.1 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:12 pm Is Wings implying that cattleballs causes hemorrhoids? The explanation could be kinda scary. Might want to keep him off the fairgrounds in Meigs county.
That's where he's having the Southern boys working out. They're not allowed on school property, but he has a key to the gate at the fairgrounds. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”