2018 Belpre Eagles Football Outlook

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Belpre Football

Post by EasternDspy »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:39 pm Isn't he the coach that was suspended a game last season? the article said he knows the kids but here is only about 15 kids left and they didn't have a junior high team. So having someone that was part of the program a good thing? brothers And how would having those two be a good thing.
Both Waderker brothers know football and have been successful wjem they played. Energy the program needs energy.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Playing and coaching are two different things

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 pm Playing and coaching are two different things
Those guys know football.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Not surprised Adams resigned. His health isn't very good.I personally want to thank him for his outstanding efforts to advance the program. He was asked to do a lot more than coach a team or return a program to it's past glory. He raised a bunch of money for the facilities in addition to coaching. New lights, updated the home side bleachers with aluminum decking and seats and new bleachers for the visitors side as well. Yes the community helped but he was the leader and brought focus to the projects. He constantly had to find asst coaches and junior high coaches. It was a tough job but I think he did a good job considering all the odds that were stacked against him.

Having said this, I don't think there is anyone on staff that is qualified to be the next head coach. Only Hutchinson should be retained as an asst coach. There are good people there but just because you played football, you like football and you like watching football doesn't make you qualified to coach football to teenagers. Just my opinion. Belpre needs a teacher /coach with prior head coaching experience. They have one person on staff that meets this criteria and I would be surprised if he applies. If he isn't interested then Belpre should actively pursue/approach current head coaches at other schools.

They are accepting applications for the job until February 16th. I would be very surprised if they have a teaching job available. I hope there are several qualified candidates to choose from but I am not holding my breath.

I don't have any input into this. These are just my opinions as a long time supporter of all things BHS and as a former alumni.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Swain paper that Belpre is on a hiring freeze. Will be hard to find a coach that will be there for a while with no teaching job available. I agree with Mr. B, they need a teacher/coach. Maybe a teacher in the area with a football background?!

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Purple Rain wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 am Maybe they'll hire Brian Bowen since Eastern is too stupid to give him the head coaching job
He would be a great choice. Best baseball coach in tvc.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

What about him as a person? would you say he is of high character? Bowen that is?

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Posting is up, any news on who applied?

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Bump

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Sure is quiet lol

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

I was told that Leftwich is going to be hired as an assistant at Warren.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Fletchlives wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:57 pm What about him as a person? would you say he is of high character? Bowen that is?
Yes, the highest. I was on the staff when he was a standout player at Eastern and he also coached there where he was DC when they made the playoffs. He coached several all Ohio players at LB and QB. Also played OLB at Marietta College.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Belpre football topic is about Belpre football. Not a page to discuss a persons personal family situation. Feel free to use Facebook, Twitter or other social media to discuss those types of things.

Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Mike DeVol will have Belpre in the playoffs this year. If he applied, he should be the coach.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

If Mike Devol applied, he would be a temporary patch.

What they need is a teacher/coach who will commit to staying and building the program.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Word around Marietta is DeVol will be the next head coach at Belpre. Supposedly he has even bought a house there.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Again I say, that if Devol applied (and I don't know if he did) and is hired, he is a temporary fix.

What Belpre needs is a teacher/coach with prior head coaching experience committed to staying and building a program.

This past season there was no junior high football and the pee wee program is a complete joke. The last pee wee game I went to there were 13 players on Belpre's team (not sure of the age group) and I counted 13 men dressed in matching orange shirts coaching from the sidelines.

I threw up and walked away.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Mister Bee wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:28 pm Again I say, that if Devol applied (and I don't know if he did) and is hired, he is a temporary fix.

What Belpre needs is a teacher/coach with prior head coaching experience committed to staying and building a program.

This past season there was no junior high football and the pee wee program is a complete joke. The last pee wee game I went to there were 13 players on Belpre's team (not sure of the age group) and I counted 13 men dressed in matching orange shirts coaching from the sidelines.

I threw up and walked away.

Mike Devol is a great coach that has forgotten more about football then most of us in here know. He could maybe come in a build the program and get it in the right direction. He has proven that he can change programs quickly. I wouldn’t be surprised if they make the playoffs with him very soon.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Mike DeVol is a hall of Famer with a 251-111 record. When he coached Caldwell recently they were a powerhouse without him they win like 2-3 games a year.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Return to “Football”