2018 Belpre Eagles Football Outlook

Mister Bee
Varsity

Re: Belpre Football

Post by Mister Bee »

Mike Hawk wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 pm
Mister Bee wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:54 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:08 pm They have young talent they just need to get kids in the weight room. Fort Frye @ Belpre week 1 just got more entertaining. Under former coach you knew that if you hit Belpre they would quit. They seemed to fall apart in the 2nd half.
I'm not knocking anyone but what I think the problem was for Belpre in the 2nd half of games of late was that they didn't make any second half adjustments. Belpre's staff would continue to do the same thing even if it wasn't working.

Experienced coaching staffs, even at the small high school level, make adjustments based off of what the other team does. I haven't seen Belpre do much adjusting.

Even with Devol as the new head coach, I would still put Belpre as underdogs in weeks 1 and 2 vs Fort Frye and Trimble. With some luck, Belpre could finish anywhere from 6-4 to 8-2 depending on who comes out for the team and how healthy we stay throughout the season.

Devol has a nice weight room to prepare the boys in and the fact that he is living in Belpre is a huge plus that will make the transition easier for a new coaching staff.

I am eager to see who will be on his coaching staff.
I doubt you would know a second half adjustment if it was delivered to you as a nut kick.
I know a lot more about it then you would.

Hard to make adjustments at halftime with players wondering in and out of the locker room and some of the staff eating hot dogs from the concession stand.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

I'll throw out 2 names Mike DeVol should and probably will ask to coach with him,
His 2 former stars at Parkersburg South
Matt Shamblin
Ben Gumm

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Mister Bee wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:28 pm Again I say, that if Devol applied (and I don't know if he did) and is hired, he is a temporary fix.

What Belpre needs is a teacher/coach with prior head coaching experience committed to staying and building a program.

This past season there was no junior high football and the pee wee program is a complete joke. The last pee wee game I went to there were 13 players on Belpre's team (not sure of the age group) and I counted 13 men dressed in matching orange shirts coaching from the sidelines.

I threw up and walked away.
You see, those are called daddy coaches. And if daddy was good then the son should be considered as good, no matter if he is or not. That's what one old codger thinks RV should keep in mind anyway. :mrgreen:

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

I would hope that current Belpre teacher/coaches Curt Shriver and Nate Watson will show interest on joining coach DeVol's staff.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Belpre Eagles Football Outlook

Post by mattash »

What does there numbers look like?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Warrior Blue
Waterboy

Post by Warrior Blue »

long season ahead.
2-8. The loss of there to be junior q b will be HUGE

Mike Hawk
Waterboy

Post by Mike Hawk »

Mister Bee wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:04 pm
Mike Hawk wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 pm
Mister Bee wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:54 pm

I'm not knocking anyone but what I think the problem was for Belpre in the 2nd half of games of late was that they didn't make any second half adjustments. Belpre's staff would continue to do the same thing even if it wasn't working.

Experienced coaching staffs, even at the small high school level, make adjustments based off of what the other team does. I haven't seen Belpre do much adjusting.

Even with Devol as the new head coach, I would still put Belpre as underdogs in weeks 1 and 2 vs Fort Frye and Trimble. With some luck, Belpre could finish anywhere from 6-4 to 8-2 depending on who comes out for the team and how healthy we stay throughout the season.

Devol has a nice weight room to prepare the boys in and the fact that he is living in Belpre is a huge plus that will make the transition easier for a new coaching staff.

I am eager to see who will be on his coaching staff.
I doubt you would know a second half adjustment if it was delivered to you as a nut kick.
I know a lot more about it then you would.

Hard to make adjustments at halftime with players wondering in and out of the locker room and some of the staff eating hot dogs from the concession stand.
You obviously have something against eating hotdogs.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Coach Devol's staff for next year per BOE minutes...

Curt Shriver - glad to see him back in the program
Randy Edge
Bob Springer
Troy Devol
Cody Miller
Larry Boston
Brian Hutchinson - glad to see him stay with the program

I would have liked to see Brian Adams return to Belpre's program. Hopefully, at some point in the future he will.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

A nice addition in coach Springer. I wish him all the luck in the world---except on week 3. :)

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Mister Bee wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:36 am Coach Devol's staff for next year per BOE minutes...

Randy Edge
Bob Springer
Troy Devol
Cody Miller
Larry Boston

I would have liked to see Brian Adams return to Belpre's program. Hopefully, at some point in the future he will.
Glad to see the "salesman" is back coaching. That man could sell ice to an Eskimo. :mrgreen:

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Mister Bee wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:36 am Coach Devol's staff for next year per BOE minutes...

Randy Edge
Bob Springer
Troy Devol
Cody Miller
Larry Boston

Glad to see they have a solid staff. Now these guys need nicknames to motivate the kids. Here are my offerings:

Curt "SledgeHammer" Shriver
Randy "Hard" Edge
"Jerry" Springer
Troy "Clydesdale" deVol
Cody Miller "Time"
Larry Boston "Massacre"
Brian "Hutch" Hutchinson or maybe go with Dutch

With names like that they will have players running through the wall in belpre

Peregrine06
Riding the Bench

Post by Peregrine06 »