2018 River Valley Raider Football Outlook

madpolecat
All State

Re: River Valley Head Coach Search

Post by madpolecat »

I don't know if the middle school team was bad...

But what do I know...

;)

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Someone must be smoking something to say the middle school team was bad! The middle school team was a good team with some good young talent. If this group stays together at RV they will have a lot of success in the future. Possibly could have some of the best athletes that has taken the field for River Valley! The Middle School team last year also was very well coach too!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I am trying to stay positive about the River Valley Football Program. Good Luck Raiders!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Swiftly&Quickly13 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:53 pm look at the records, middle school teams were bad, jv team was bad, varsity team was bad
The middle school team was NOT bad, they were a very good team, with one of the top young QB's in the area.
The JV team was down.....because the JV players were playing ON FRIDAY NIGHT!! 17 member sophomore class.
The Varsity was down because they were Sophomore dominated, and when you have lost 31 seniors in the last 2+ years, you are gonna have a down year!
RV is still an improving program. With those 17 sophomores (that will be juniors in fall), and a small but talented senior class in the fall (led by DL Ty VanSickle), the Raiders will continue to improve and bounce back from a "down" year in 2017.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It's a good indicator if they are doing well in middle school, but I never did agree on judging them on bad performance. Most kids mature differently and get better coming up the ladder, you just never know. Usually there are diamonds in the rough that you can't see right away.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I remember when Marietta was in the SEOAL and there 7th 8th 9th always had good teams in football. Usually were at the top of league play, but when they hit varsity they didn't do so well.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:50 pm I remember when Marietta was in the SEOAL and there 7th 8th 9th always had good teams in football. Usually were at the top of league play, but when they hit varsity they didn't do so well.
Yep, you just never know either way. Sometimes it's good but I never did agree on lower grades performance. By the time they reach the big dance on Friday nights, they have Seniors, juniors and sophs mixed together anyways. Some even play freshmen.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

A lot of things come into play on how a player progresses as they go up the levels. I have seen boys in Jr. High that could not walk and chew gum at the same time become men by the time they are seniors and are all state and heading to college to play ball. One good indicate of the possible potential is to look at the mom and dad and what kind of athlete there were or how big they are. Also older siblings can tell a story also.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:09 pm A lot of things come into play on how a player progresses as they go up the levels. I have seen boys in Jr. High that could not walk and chew gum at the same time become men by the time they are seniors and are all state and heading to college to play ball. One good indicate of the possible potential is to look at the mom and dad and what kind of athlete there were or how big they are. Also older siblings can tell a story also.
Agree also.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

4 months and no coach. What is going on?

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:09 pm A lot of things come into play on how a player progresses as they go up the levels. I have seen boys in Jr. High that could not walk and chew gum at the same time become men by the time they are seniors and are all state and heading to college to play ball. One good indicate of the possible potential is to look at the mom and dad and what kind of athlete there were or how big they are. Also older siblings can tell a story also.
Yes by all means if his daddy was a good QB we need to make Junior the QB, and if brother Johnny was a good LB then little brother Jimmy should be put at LB cause they are always the same. On the other hand if dad didn't play then let's run Junior off cause he clearly can't ever be any good if dad didn't play. If brother Jimmy was bad then let's don't waste time on little brother Sammy cause he'll be bad too. :shock:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

You can read what ever you want into what I said and you already have, oh well. Good luck to RV!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:54 pm
Yes by all means if his daddy was a good QB we need to make Junior the QB, and if brother Johnny was a good LB then little brother Jimmy should be put at LB cause they are always the same. On the other hand if dad didn't play then let's run Junior off cause he clearly can't ever be any good if dad didn't play. If brother Jimmy was bad then let's don't waste time on little brother Sammy cause he'll be bad too. :shock:
Wow.

We now have a new winner in the STUPIDEST POST EVER category.

In your acceptance speech for this award, please make sure to mention how much "projection" of your own personal resentments you added to MTSWNGRVSG's post to create this work of art.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

madpolecat wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:20 pm
eagle25 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:54 pm
Wow.

We now have a new winner in the STUPIDEST POST EVER category.

In your acceptance speech for this award, please make sure to mention how much "projection" of your own personal resentments you added to MTSWNGRVSG's post to create this work of art.
PoCat,

From what I've seen of your writing the award you gave me is minuscule compared to the outpouring of awards you have certainly earned for asinine posts. But to answer your question, my "resentment" stems from years of coaching with buffoons who think we should decide the abilities of players based on their lineage rather than performance, and of dealing with whiny aszz parents who expect the same. :mrgreen:

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

At this point, I think we need our own shortlist of candidates for this job. It seems the powers that be have forgotten about the approaching football season

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

I would assume they will wait months to hire a new b-ball coach as well.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

Shane Falco - Did the b-ball coach get fired?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

sandstorm23 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:33 am Shane Falco - Did the b-ball coach get fired?
I mean he should have for off of the court stuff. He should have been let go a long time ago.

sandstorm23
Freshman Team

Post by sandstorm23 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:31 am
sandstorm23 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:33 am Shane Falco - Did the b-ball coach get fired?
I mean he should have for off of the court stuff. He should have been let go a long time ago.
RV likes to move on from coaches a little too quick IMO. Hopefully he gets a chance to turn everything around (on and off the court).

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

sandstorm23 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:31 am
RV likes to move on from coaches a little too quick IMO. Hopefully he gets a chance to turn everything around (on and off the court).
Well coaches need to behave appropriately both on and off of the court, or they shouldn't be coaching.

Return to “Football”