All State

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Game day »

I think so.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

AD and basketball coach should on the list too.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

They will do same thing in Winter and then in Spring.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Submit applications to Dean Nance? He is on his way out. He should not be involved in any process concerning new hires.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

79Tiger wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 pm Submit applications to Dean Nance? He is on his way out. He should not be involved in any process concerning new hires.
You only submit it to him if your already an employee in the Ironton City Schools then he gets it to who it needs to be gotten to if not you turn it into the board office and he may be on his way out but until his last day his still the supper intendant so he still has a job to do rather some people like it or not

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:49 pm AD and basketball coach should on the list too.
I sure hope so because he is a big part of the problem.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

They'll probably hire Vass back.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Kids come First wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:20 pm
Mavrick2016 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:49 pm AD and basketball coach should on the list too.
I sure hope so because he is a big part of the problem.

Care to elaborate?

bballguru
Waterboy

Post by bballguru »

I would love to see Coach Ferguson from coal grove take over this program. He's a great guy with a lot of knowledge about the game and I believe someone like him would be perfect for Ironton football.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Why did tripplet leave? I thought he did a pretty good job and seemed like a nice fit

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

fbnut wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:32 pm Why did tripplet leave? I thought he did a pretty good job and seemed like a nice fit
If I remember right, there was an agreement that if Coach Lutz wanted to return he would step aside and that's what happened. Coach Lutz was going through some things when he retired the first time. My understanding is Coach Tripplet stood by his word and Coach Lutz returned to finish out his Coaching career. Coach Tripplet showed his integrity by standing by his word, he's a great man and Coach.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:24 am
fbnut wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:32 pm Why did tripplet leave? I thought he did a pretty good job and seemed like a nice fit
If I remember right, there was an agreement that if Coach Lutz wanted to return he would step aside and that's what happened. Coach Lutz was going through some things when he retired the first time. My understanding is Coach Tripplet stood by his word and Coach Lutz returned to finish out his Coaching career. Coach Tripplet showed his integrity by standing by his word, he's a great man and Coach.
Yes that is correct we need someone like that again!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's exactly what happened, and I fully agree with your assessment of him. both my sons were on his team, and he took them out to eat and was very good to the boys there. and his lone year was still in the SEOAL, they beat burg, and made the playoffs that year as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 am
that's exactly what happened, and I fully agree with your assessment of him. both my sons were on his team, and he took them out to eat and was very good to the boys there. and his lone year was still in the SEOAL, they beat burg, and made the playoffs that year as well.
The infamous cramp game I believe

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

bballguru wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 pm I would love to see Coach Ferguson from coal grove take over this program. He's a great guy with a lot of knowledge about the game and I believe someone like him would be perfect for Ironton football.
Would be an impressive steal if they could get Ferguson. Doubtful it would even happen though.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Never going to happen. The Ironton position is not the dream job it used to be. I think he wants to build his program at his alma mater.

football freak
Waterboy

Post by football freak »

I heard their is a young man from
Scioto county who is interested in the job

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Interesting it’s time to move on I hope Ironton finds a new coach that will bring back hard work.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Curious question from an outsider to Ironton. It seems like if Vass applies for the job he would be the most qualified internal candidate due to his overall body of work.
That being said if the school board hires an outside candidate when Vass is qualified (assuming he applies) would Vass be able to file a union grievance causing the school to pay him anyways because they cannot prove just cause not to hire him? This would then cause Ironton to pay the salary of two coaches with one being an employee in the school district (Vass) and the other one being the outside candidate? Is this correct?
Don't qualified school employees at Ironton get the first chance at the job?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I would pay 2 coaches before I would keep him. He has cost the school to much money and kids are leaving because of him. He is just a poor coach period!

Return to “Football”