2018 Ironton Head football coach

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Waterboy »

Waterboy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:53 pm
Kleao wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 pm I encourage anyone that has any questions about the staff that Coach Vass will put in place, should go to the high school field and see the difference in the boys that have been working every Sunday afternoon. Just sit and watch. Just the difference in running routes and footwork is like night and day from years previous. Like I have mentioned several times, it’s not fair to whoever the board is going to hire or Coach Vass. If they aren’t going to hire him back they should have let him go after last season and had the new coach hired back in January. It’s the KIDS that suffer in the end. No matter how you feel about Coach Vass and his coaching, he is a good person and has feelings and also a family. These men volunteering their time have a vast knowledge of the game. One of them was a starting quarterback in college and extremely knowledgeable. But whoever they hire just do it already so people can move on and the kids can get mentally ready for the upcoming season.

Of course he’s on the field every Sunday now . Lol his job is on the line . I could care less who coaches at this mess, but now is not the time put in the extra work. That was supposed to start 5 years ago.
That’s also illegal to be doing right now

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Kleao wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 pm I encourage anyone that has any questions about the staff that Coach Vass will put in place, should go to the high school field and see the difference in the boys that have been working every Sunday afternoon. Just sit and watch. Just the difference in running routes and footwork is like night and day from years previous. Like I have mentioned several times, it’s not fair to whoever the board is going to hire or Coach Vass. If they aren’t going to hire him back they should have let him go after last season and had the new coach hired back in January. It’s the KIDS that suffer in the end. No matter how you feel about Coach Vass and his coaching, he is a good person and has feelings and also a family. These men volunteering their time have a vast knowledge of the game. One of them was a starting quarterback in college and extremely knowledgeable. But whoever they hire just do it already so people can move on and the kids can get mentally ready for the upcoming season.

Of course he’s on the field every Sunday now . Lol his job is on the line . I could care less who coaches at this mess, but now is not the time put in the extra work. That was supposed to start 5 years ago.
Re read my post. Didn’t say anything about Coach Vass volunteering his time. The men that Coach Vass wants to bring on have been working with the kids. One a starting quarterback for a D1 college and the other also played college football. The knowledge these 2 men have together is impressive. Like I said if you are interested come over and watch. Great upstanding men.

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

The sad part is the Ironton school system doesn't have a superintendent in place for the future, K -12, and everyone is more worried about the high school football coach, or lack of one as the case may be.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Waterboy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:59 pm

That’s also illegal to be doing right now
What is illegal? Boys going to a football field to work on their game? I swear people. You complain if they aren’t working on their game and then say it’s illegal for them to be putting the work in on the off season. Wow!

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Gone Country wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:09 pm The sad part is the Ironton school system doesn't have a superintendent in place for the future, K -12, and everyone is more worried about the high school football coach, or lack of one as the case may be.
No actually I have contacted the board about that. They are interviewing people now. As of right now, we have an acting superintendent. That is the boards job to interview and hire.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Wouldn’t it already had been announced if they were going to renew Vass by now. This saga is dragging on this long for a reason. I think the BOE knows there’s no way they can non renew a coach then re hire him with 30+ applicants and interviewing all these coaches.

Let’s give an opinion on who everyone thinks will lead the Fighting Tigers in 2018.

Something tells me Scott Grizzle. I was leaning towards Vass but now feel this would have been put to bed weeks ago if they were going that route.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd take it, with this being said. and knowing who this poster is, I'd bet the farm vass is getting rehired.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Kleao wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:24 pm
irontonguy2018 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:18 pm Vass contract was not renewed. So he's not the coach. As of now.
You are correct. So it’s way past time to get whoever hired and get this team ready for the new upcoming season. Should have been done months ago!
and this.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

personally I think that ship has sailed it's been what 9 years roughly. but after reading kleao's posts I bet vass stays.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

What were they doing every day this winter in the weight room. It is great that kids are putting in extra time but this should have been done the last 3 years.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

osu 77 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:35 am
What were they doing every day this winter in the weight room. It is great that kids are putting in extra time but this should have been done the last 3 years.
I’m not sure. Did they a have weightlifting coach then or had he already quit? I honestly don’t know. I do know there are some kids that put the work in all year long.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:23 am personally I think that ship has sailed it's been what 9 years roughly. but after reading kleao's posts I bet vass stays.
Bait why would I know who they are hiring? My pointball along has been get someone hired. It’s not fair to whoever they are hiring to start training in May. This should have been done the first of the year. Not sure what you read that made you think I knew what the board was thinking or who they were hiring!

tobehonest
Waterboy

Post by tobehonest »

I heard today that Wheelersburg Offensive Line coach applied? any truth to that?

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

I have the list. Do you know his name?

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

irontonguy2018 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:08 am I have the list. Do you know his name?
Who’s in the horse race in your opinion?

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

I would hope that the first priority of Ironton's school board is to hire a superintendent. There should be a topic covering that subject instead of a football coach. I love football, I have a son who plays, but my children's education is more important than a football coach. My two-cents for what it is worth.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

irontonguy2018 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:08 am I have the list. Do you know his name?
So you joined yesterday and you have the list interesting for sure!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

2thwzd wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:22 pm
irontonguy2018 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:18 pm Vass contract was not renewed. So he's not the coach. As of now.
Supplemental contracts are year to year?
He has never been a quality coach for sure what a mistake the board made the last time.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

2thwzd wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:18 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 am
I'd take it, with this being said. and knowing who this poster is, I'd bet the farm vass is getting rehired.
What are they doing practicing anything on Sunday? IDC who the coach is, they should know better :evil:
Exactly what reason would there be for these boys to not ok to be putting in work on Sunday? That’s comical!
Last edited by Kleao on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

I wouldnt care who he has on his staff. If it was my decision. I'm not hiring him back. No way.

Return to “Football”