2018 Ironton Head football coach

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by softballfan2112 »

Fan Friday wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 pm Well I’m glad they finally made a decision. I was told who his assistants would be. Ironton be ready for a mass exit. They will be lucky to even have a team. But I don’t care. My kid won’t be here for the circus in town.
So who are the assistants?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Coach Salmons - (3) 100 yard rushers in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQjfcDMfck
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

softballfan2112 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:35 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 pm Well I’m glad they finally made a decision. I was told who his assistants would be. Ironton be ready for a mass exit. They will be lucky to even have a team. But I don’t care. My kid won’t be here for the circus in town.
So who are the assistants?
Coach Murphy and Dustin Barrows.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Why would there be a mass exit?

There can only be a mass exit if the Parents let it happen, that's a way to teach them lol.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Now we find out who the real Ironton Fighting Tigers with orange and black in their veins are.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Highschoolguru wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 pm I’m a visitor from WVTailgate central. Although I understand Salmons might be a good coach what has he really accomplished in WV tha makes him such a hot commodity ? Largest school in WV and hasn’t won a state title. I believe has a .500 record the past couple of seasons.
He's 64-22 at Cabell Midland

He took over a 3-7 Cabell Midland Team and finished His first season at 8-4, not to bad.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

Great hire for the Tigers!! Coach Salmons will do an outstanding job. Congratulations Luke!!

GO TIGERS!!!

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:56 pm
Why would there be a mass exit?

There can only be a mass exit if the Parents let it happen, that's a way to teach them lol.
There already has been. This town has turned into something that not too many want to be a part of. The new coach (I guess he is thinking about it) has hired assistants from the old staff. Some of you people preached needs to be new staff from the top down. Last time I checked didn’t Ironton get an F on it’s report card. No superintendent hired. We wait till the middle of April to hire a Football coach. 3 months before official conditioning starts. Many kids are not coming back out to play this year. Again no superintendent! Why wouldn’t parents run with their kids? You tell me what would be a point worth staying? Serious question! Just the F on the report card is enough to change schools.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:05 am
Highschoolguru wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 pm I’m a visitor from WVTailgate central. Although I understand Salmons might be a good coach what has he really accomplished in WV tha makes him such a hot commodity ? Largest school in WV and hasn’t won a state title. I believe has a .500 record the past couple of seasons.
He's 64-22 at Cabell Midland

He took over a 3-7 Cabell Midland Team and finished His first season at 8-4, not to bad.
You don’t have the kids to pull talent from here at Ironton! I don’t know why people don’t understand that. He may be a great coach but if you don’t have the talent or the depth you can’t win games. We already have 3 starters gone. Most of the starters from last year said they are not playing this year. Where do we get kids from?

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

:roll: So basically who you wanted to get the job didn't and now it's time to complain?

If this is true Ironton hired a proven coach with a track record of winning and turning around a program. What more do you want? If he is keeping 2 assistants maybe they are to workout the boys until he can be there full time next month and get his assistants interviewed and hired

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

I like the hire , a guy outside of the program good idea , a experienced head coach great idea , offense similar to ours another good idea ... but maybe just maybe you think they should’ve made sure the guy was gonna take the job before taking it to then school board especially with his track record of backing out of jobs . What would be wrong with them saying hey we have a board meeting on the 16th the job is yours if you want it but we need your answer before then ???? Now if this guy Backs out we are almost in may without a coach and who we gonna find then ?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Good luck to the team and new coach. I hope he shows up soon.

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

Isn’t this a mess? Why did the coach go through the interview if he didn’t want the opening?

Rosco
Riding the Bench

Post by Rosco »

[quote="4th and iches" post_id=1660287 time=1523961346 user_id=14062]
I like the hire , a guy outside of the program good idea , a experienced head coach great idea , offense similar to ours another good idea ... but maybe just maybe you think they should’ve made sure the guy was gonna take the job before taking it to then school board especially with his track record of backing out of jobs . What would be wrong with them saying hey we have a board meeting on the 16th the job is yours if you want it but we need your answer before then ???? Now if this guy Backs out we are almost in may without a coach and who we gonna find then ?
[/quote]

Because If they offered the job prior to the regular monthly meeting it would in essence mean they had met and voted outside a meeting. That is illegal I believe.
Must vote in public during a regular or specially called meeting advertised to the public.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

If he turns it down, and looks like that's what he will do,
who do you hire, would you take it known your the second
or even the third choice probably not.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Great hire for Ironton.
The only reason for him to refuse the job is if he realizes how wishy washy the Ironton fan base can become.
And I say this for the simple reason many claim Ironton has lost many players others saying their kids won't play for Ironton ever again and some believing they would be better coaches.
The sad part of this is even in Coach Lutz final years you could hear people moaning and groaning at the games when their child was pilled from a game.
Hollering about how the coach was making a mistake by doing so or how he was calling the wrong plays.
Ironton may or may not ever be the power house it was once but to put a coach down before he starts with he might pull out even before he is talked to is sad.
And by him retaining 2 of the coaches from the staff is maybe to help make the transition easier and maybe they are assistants that are worth retaining only time will tell.
And maybe just maybe this new coach will be a good hire.
Good Luck coach

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Does anyone have knowledge if the guy is a teacher an a coach or just a coach? If so, what does he teach?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well we hain't anymore informed than we were yesterday it sounds like. if you hire a guy that says he has to ask his wife n kids, and his buddies at the eagles n tells ya he'll get back with you. and has done this to other programs then backed out. it sounds like that word clint eastwood used in heartbreak ridge. for the record, I liked the sounds of Pendleton n triplett.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

wobycat wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:07 am Does anyone have knowledge if the guy is a teacher an a coach or just a coach? If so, what does he teach?
PE at Cabell Midland.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I know people get upset, when they hear about kids leaving over a coach,
but a parent has too do what he feels is best for his kid.
I wish those kids the best of luck.

Return to “Football”