2018 Ironton Head football coach

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Buramgerdin »

I have heard it is official, strike 2. Grizzle is out, turned it down. I understand coaches now do not want any part of the dumpster fire. Evidently, the baseball coach is the only guy in town with a pair. He finally had enough of the charades and benched some problem players/parents. Kudos to him, if done on the gridiron maybe Ironton wouldn't be the laughing stock of southern-Ohio?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Buramgerdin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:31 am I have heard it is official, strike 2. Grizzle is out, turned it down. I understand coaches now do not want any part of the dumpster fire. Evidently, the baseball coach is the only guy on town with a pair. He finally had enough of the charades and benched some problem players/parents. Kudos to him, if done on the gridiron maybe Ironton wouldn't be the laughing stock of southern-Ohio?
I agree I am not sure he was offered the job but just the same this should have been done 3 years ago. I would like to see Pendleton take the job given some time with the coaches he will bring things and players attitude will change.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Buramgerdin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:31 am I have heard it is official, strike 2. Grizzle is out, turned it down. I understand coaches now do not want any part of the dumpster fire. Evidently, the baseball coach is the only guy in town with a pair. He finally had enough of the charades and benched some problem players/parents. Kudos to him, if done on the gridiron maybe Ironton wouldn't be the laughing stock of southern-Ohio?
Good for the baseball coach this has went on long enough. There are a lot of Ironton faithful that have been waiting on this for years!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

can anybody confirm if the 2nd coach was offered the job.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

My 2 cents on the whole issue is this started long ago with the past coaching staff having no discipline. Hats off to the baseball coach that stood up to the kids and the parents. All I hear I am leaving what happen when parents told their kids to get tough and deal with it. What are all these kids going to do when they are adults and have trouble? My boss is not fair I quit I guess those of us working will pay for them sitting around the house collecting a check!

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Grizzle was 100% offered I haven’t heard he turned it down yet but I wouldn’t be surprised at all .. but how in the world can you get on here and say it’s the kids fault they need to be tougher and by them leaving it wrong ?? Who in their right mind will stay after all this ? We don’t have a coach , we don’t have a superintendent this hiring process is a big joke everyone is fighting within the system . And yes congrats baseball coach he’s won 2 darn games and get praise for sitting kids great job make a stand after the season is lost . Wake up

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Good for Travis. He's old school. He's doing it right. If the kid or parent don't like it take your kid home or go elsewhere. Until this becomes the norm in the whole athletic program Ironton will continue on its downward slide into an avalanche.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

4th and iches wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:03 am Grizzle was 100% offered I haven’t heard he turned it down yet but I wouldn’t be surprised at all .. but how in the world can you get on here and say it’s the kids fault they need to be tougher and by them leaving it wrong ?? Who in their right mind will stay after all this ? We don’t have a coach , we don’t have a superintendent this hiring process is a big joke everyone is fighting within the system . And yes congrats baseball coach he’s won 2 darn games and get praise for sitting kids great job make a stand after the season is lost . Wake up
Come on this is not about what is going on now this started long ago with the past coaching staff. Also they need the past head coach out of the high school. He is currently being paid to hold weight lifting and the kids are doing nothing. Of course this is what they did all the time when he was the coach.
Last edited by coach knows on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

I just want say how thankful I am for this Thread!! I've been prepping for my colonoscopy and this has been great bathroom reading material!!! It's really got me thru!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope everything comes out all right then.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Should have hired Pendleton and this would have all been settled!

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

OMG, Ironton a team who plays in probably the weakest Conference in OH doesn't have a Coach!!!! It's the end!!!! How can life go on!!! Ol Bait haint slept for Months!!!!!! Send us a gift package Kim-jung-UN!!!! Put us out of our misery!!!!!!! I will be appointing as special counsel Mr. Mueller and you're tiger bait to investigate any Collusion, obstruction of justice, or intimidation by Wheelersburg's Coaching staff against the job applicants, and School Board in the hiring process for the Head Coaching job of your Fighting Tigers!!!!
Help Donald make the fighting Tigers great again!!!!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Still a Clown Show!

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

coach knows wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:08 am
4th and iches wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:03 am Grizzle was 100% offered I haven’t heard he turned it down yet but I wouldn’t be surprised at all .. but how in the world can you get on here and say it’s the kids fault they need to be tougher and by them leaving it wrong ?? Who in their right mind will stay after all this ? We don’t have a coach , we don’t have a superintendent this hiring process is a big joke everyone is fighting within the system . And yes congrats baseball coach he’s won 2 darn games and get praise for sitting kids great job make a stand after the season is lost . Wake up
Come on this is not about what is going on now this started long ago with the past coaching staff. Also they need the past head coach out of the high school. He is currently being paid to hold weight lifting and the kids are doing nothing. Of course this is what they did all the time when he was the coach.

It’s 100% what’s going on now the past coaches played their part too , listen I’m not defending Mark like I’ve said 100 times he’s needed to be replaced as coach but I’m not gonna allow you to just out right lie he’s a gym PE teacher all day not just during the last block of the when. day they weight lift , so he’s working all day now if you say they aren’t liftIng last block I will believe you because I don’t know that answer

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Speaks volumes for the state of affairs @ dear ol Ironton High, that they've been turned downed by (1), a professional job seeker(salmons) and (2) a decent young coach from Ky(Grizzle). Nothing against Flyin Freddie Ray, but will he bring the discipline these kids need?? Yes, I am making assumptions that he'll be offered next, but these were the only 3 names our illustrious interview committee recommended.
As for for all the Pendelton fans out there, I think it's time to forget it. Just hope they can get Merrill to come back and take the head job and get some stability and respect returned to this once proud job.

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

Old Time Tiger wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:07 am Speaks volumes for the state of affairs @ dear ol Ironton High, that they've been turned downed by (1), a professional job seeker(salmons) and (2) a decent young coach from Ky(Grizzle). Nothing against Flyin Freddie Ray, but will he bring the discipline these kids need?? Yes, I am making assumptions that he'll be offered next, but these were the only 3 names our illustrious interview committee recommended.
As for for all the Pendelton fans out there, I think it's time to forget it. Just hope they can get Merrill to come back and take the head job and get some stability and respect returned to this once proud job.
I bet Ray will turn it down at this point, be tough to swallow being someone's 3rd choice. I see Vass returning.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

No way

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

So Is Pendleton out of it now? I’ve been getting conflicting reports that he was now the front runner and then here this.

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

Ray will take the job if offered he should have been the first choice all the time for real

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton probably will struggle for the next two maybe three years. I think they need to do a nationwide search like burg did awhile back and try to snag a guy that has no idea about this place. Might work. If not Vass, should be in there. This should be over.

Return to “Football”