2018 Ironton Head football coach

Osu fan
Waterboy

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by Osu fan »

Hope the community gets behind this staff. Injury free this is a playoff team next year.

Osu fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu fan »

Hope the community gets behind this staff. Injury free this is a playoff team next year.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

The BOE has to no renew is contract which is only good to after the first of the year. The BOE does not have what it takes to make any changes.

During weight lifting last week one kid told Vass he was full of poop! This is after Vass caught them goofing off and told them after the first of the year they are going to run. So I asked a kid who was there and he said the exact same words. By the way why are we waiting until after the first of the year to start getting serious. Ironton has not been playing ball since October I believe. What a sorry state of affairs at Ironton!!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Some of this is just a load of crap. If it is such a big deal people should have been to the BOE Meetings for at least the last 2 months or as some say a lot longer. Showing up at one meeting to complain and demand action from a BOE who has left this alone for years has little chance to get real change. No organized group effort to go against keeping the Coach. Just more people running their mouth. Then the next person running their mouth. As things go in different directions. Which seems just like what some players have been doing. Where everyone thinks they are doing right. It is not about team or working toward goals.

If the BOE keeps the coaches they should ask them to prepare a plan for the upcoming year. To include player conduct on and off the field. Which is needed and to be approved and backed by administration. Give players like a report card of their play and what they need to do to improve. Enjoy the BOE Meeting or the after meeting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Osu fan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 am Hope the community gets behind this staff. Injury free this is a playoff team next year.
at the risk of seeming like a jerk. which is not at all what I'm trying to do here. there is no thing as an injury free football season. football is not a contact sport. it is a violent collision sport for 48 minutes. you have to have coaches, players, depth, conditioning, weight training, regimented exercise programs. and did I mention players and depth and experience. I cannot buy that this is a playoff team next year. they have regressed at an alarming rate skill wise, fundamentals and discipline wise. it's not been a one year thing. granted we have had serious injuries. that's unavoidable. but I've heard the same thing 6/7/8 years now. with no improvement. i'll never stop being an ironton fan. whether I'm there or glued to the radio. and the games I have seen the past several years look nothing like ironton football, coach lutz or not. coach lutz is gone , he was awesome, it's over. great to talk about , because it was an epic historical ride. but that don't feed the bulldog now. we had a awesome experienced coach in coach triplett, he made the playoffs, beat burg and had a winning record in the seoal not the ovc. he gets run out of town. and here we are. again I ask why is this so taboo to discuss. nothing is changing, we're backpeddling. I find it heartbreaking to know , if what I'm told is correct, that the job just keeps getting renewed every year. and the position has not been advertised. I've said it before i'll say it again. nothing has changed at ironton that can't be fixed with the right people playing and leading the team. and the horses to do this still roam the halls at ironton high player wise who want nothing more than to start another era of dominance, we owe these kids that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

coach knows wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 am The BOE has to no renew is contract which is only good to after the first of the year. The BOE does not have what it takes to make any changes.

During weight lifting last week one kid told Vass he was full of poop! This is after Vass caught them goofing off and told them after the first of the year they are going to run. So I asked a kid who was there and he said the exact same words. By the way why are we waiting until after the first of the year to start getting serious. Ironton has not been playing ball since October I believe. What a sorry state of affairs at Ironton!!
if true, I say if true. then we don't need leaders or players like that. someone has to put a stop to this. it's insanity. and treasoness.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

farmer wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:06 pm Some of this is just a load of crap. If it is such a big deal people should have been to the BOE Meetings for at least the last 2 months or as some say a lot longer. Showing up at one meeting to complain and demand action from a BOE who has left this alone for years has little chance to get real change. No organized group effort to go against keeping the Coach. Just more people running their mouth. Then the next person running their mouth. As things go in different directions. Which seems just like what some players have been doing. Where everyone thinks they are doing right. It is not about team or working toward goals.

If the BOE keeps the coaches they should ask them to prepare a plan for the upcoming year. To include player conduct on and off the field. Which is needed and to be approved and backed by administration. Give players like a report card of their play and what they need to do to improve. Enjoy the BOE Meeting or the after meeting.
AMEN FARMER, THERE NEEDS TO BE ACCOUNTABILITY FROM BOTH ENDS PLAYERS AND LEADERS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if that is not the case ironton football and the fans will dry up and blow away. football is about honor and dignity, and personal fortitude, and drive and passion and desire. it is a physical game of outmanning and outsmarting your opponent, and making changes necessary not only every game but every play to best the opposition. one game to may need to run predominantly a spread. one game a running attack. it makes no difference how it's ran if everybody is disciplined enough to make it work and get in done in situational circumstances. but leadership starts at the top then filters down. so if this type stuff is going on it's self explanatory that the team is not showing respect to it's leadership.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I would add one thing, leaders need to earn respect Mark has earned none. Talk about attendance the Portsmouth game you could have sat away.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Osu fan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 am Hope the community gets behind this staff. Injury free this is a playoff team next year.
Another thing that will help them make the playoffs is if every team they play scores less than them. Lol

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 pm
Another thing that will help them make the playoffs is if every team they play scores less than them. Lol
I will bet they underachieve just like every year that Vass has been in charge.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Ive coached many many years and the number 1 priority in developing a successful program in any sport is DISCIPLINE. Without it you will never have a winning program. I agree that a coach can not demand respect from his players. That has to be earned by being dedicated, enthusiastic and show a true caring attitude for the kids you are involved with. Then and not until then will you see a winning or improved program. Next in line at #2 is teaching fundamentals. No matter what sport you are coaching fundamentals must be sound. That is the backbone of your program no matter what defense of offense you decide to use..Ive said my piece, but I don't think I far off base with it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you are spot on older. i'll add one other thing. respect is first learned at home,then at school at church. heck everywhere you are at your kids better know it. my kids acted up I didn't care where they were I'd jerk a knot in their butt. and we wonder why we have so many kids in foster care. parents need to parent, teachers and preachers need to teach and preach. and coaches need to lead by example and earn respect. I'm not saying this staff isn't. I have no idea. but I can promise nobody that played for lutz, bruney, triplett, Charlie kautz or carl white told a coach he was full of sh--, if in fact that is true. nor did a player ever come in after physical fitness and tell one of those men. I play defense only. I don't do sprints or grass drills. AND THEN START.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

But times have changed and kids have been able to get by with that with parents complaining. Then being backed by administration so not to upset the parents or the politics. As well as in the times we live in go online and make up lies to get at the coach. This go on in school sports and just at school itself. The internet has changed a lot as well as how the coaches coach. That comment made by the player the coach would not really have to do much because the other players would take care of it. For anyone to say it is the coaches fault or the coach must earn respect. That player must be ready to listen and follow directions . If they do not give that effort to respect coaches/teachers they will have a hard time getting there. Much like how LaVar Ball treats coaches of his sons. Which is how some at Ironton do in some form.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I would have a hard time comparing any parents anywhere to that self serving buffoon, LaVar Ball.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Any coach that would listen to a parent about what to do with his or her team or how to run it had better be prepared for total failure. Any school board or administration that gives in to pressure from parents or politics had better get comfortable with losing...A school system with that kind of backbone will never be able to hire a successful coach..Times ,kids and parents may have changed but the way to win and have a quality program has not

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Getting Older wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:38 pm Any coach that would listen to a parent about what to do with his or her team or how to run it had better be prepared for total failure. Any school board or administration that gives in to pressure from parents or politics had better get comfortable with losing...A school system with that kind of backbone will never be able to hire a successful coach..Times ,kids and parents may have changed but the way to win and have a quality program has not
Great post

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Anything happen last night?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Shane Falco wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:41 am Anything happen last night?
I read the entire thread just in case I missed something but since I cannot see anything I am going to assume that no news meant things stayed the same. I believe had there been any developments as to what folks thought may have happened did happen there would have been multiple pages and topics....just my thoughts though......honestly have no idea what happened but was looking for it too....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:57 am brings those boys down to burg and win a state title or stay at ironton and miss the playoffs your call fellas!!!
instead of going 52 W send them boys straight up 93 N for about hour :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”