2018 Ironton Head football coach

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 pm So, after the parade of debacles.... everyone wants to hire a guy with no coaching experience? To me, that would be the biggest “we really don’t know what we are doing” moment of all.

Not because this Pendleton is a bad guy, I personally don’t know him. But playing fullback at Michigan State isn’t the same as coaching, assembling and managing a staff, setting schedules , dealing with parents, etc.

Lots of guys play college ball, that doesn’t make them experts or head coach at Ironton material. It just means exactly what it is.... they played college ball.
I agree.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I think it would be a mistake to hire someone that's never been a coach before.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 pm So, after the parade of debacles.... everyone wants to hire a guy with no coaching experience? To me, that would be the biggest “we really don’t know what we are doing” moment of all.

Not because this Pendleton is a bad guy, I personally don’t know him. But playing fullback at Michigan State isn’t the same as coaching, assembling and managing a staff, setting schedules , dealing with parents, etc.

Lots of guys play college ball, that doesn’t make them experts or head coach at Ironton material. It just means exactly what it is.... they played college ball.

This , I’m sorry , is hilarious . I would be protesting at the school tomorrow for a new boe . What a joke!!

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:30 pm I think it would be a mistake to hire someone that's never been a coach before.
Me to . Ask Coal Grove how that went for them .

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Waterboy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 pm
Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:30 pm I think it would be a mistake to hire someone that's never been a coach before.
Which time ?

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

DMUP wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 pm
Which time ?
Don’t hate . Just go with it . Wait till you see what he does this year. Jealousy doesn’t get any body anywhere.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I'm happy for Coal Grove. Rock Hill too. They gave young coaches an opportunity and they took it and ran with it. I wish them nothing but continued success

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Which time ?
The whole problem with Ironton sports right now . You can’t win with anyone..?execpt with what the big timer wants. You all need a reality check. Stop voting for people with no balls at all . . And that’s a fact !! It been proven in the last two months

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm Why in the world would Salmons even interview if he thought there was a decent chance he'd turn it down? Sounds like an ego issue if you ask me.

As to the Ironton situation itself, whoever 'recommended' this guy looks like a clown now too.. If that's LaFon and the Principal, well, you failed miserable. Now you have to try to patch even more wounds.
Great post! I'm sure they knew going in this would happen. Probably why they recommended them. Bravo!

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

IMG_1635.JPG

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Waterboy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Which time ?
The whole problem with Ironton sports right now . You can’t win with anyone..?execpt with what the big timer wants. You all need a reality check. Stop voting for people with no balls at all . . And that’s a fact !! It been proven in the last two months
I thought you were responding to Pendleton not having coaching experience. To my knowledge Cg last 2 hires had no experience obviously the latest had great success even after losing 5 great skill players from previous yr. My opinion CG doesn’t have the year they had if other coach doesn’t walk away. He went around 500 with arguably the top 4-5 skill players in ovc. They graduate and a zero experience coach (head coaching) takes over and rest is history.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

In retrospect, could it be said that non-renewing Vass for the coaching job (at least this off-season) was an act of cutting the nose to spite the face?

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

DMUP wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:25 pm

Which time ?
I thought you were responding to Pendleton not having coaching experience. To my knowledge Cg last 2 hires had no experience obviously the latest had great success even after losing 5 great skill players from previous yr. My opinion CG doesn’t have the year they had if other coach doesn’t walk away. He went around 500 with arguably the top 4-5 skill players in ovc. They graduate and a zero experience coach (head coaching) takes over and rest is history.
I personally think Pendleton would bring back the spunk again.. he’s been coached by one of the best. If you think changes are not good then you’re to old and prolly the problem. Just saying!!

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Waterboy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 pm
I personally think Pendleton would bring back the spunk again.. he’s been coached by one of the best. If you think changes are not good then you’re to old and prolly the problem. Just saying!!

Been coached by one of the best..... he’s qualified!

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

I’m sure I’ll get hammered for my post and probably get them deleted, but when is it “enuff “ lol. If you really think about it , you have 1 guy ruining it for everyone.?. Get rid of him . Just use the brain and think about it.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:04 pm

Better than the last hire. That wasn’t sure

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:28 pm

I agree.

Y'all are aware this isn't the Ironton of old that many feared to play and demanded respect, this version of Ironton is becoming the a circus and a joke with all of this going on. You have spent months since October trying to figure out if your going to keep Vass or let him go, in the mean time you are losing players it seems every week because there is no direction to lead them, then players who want to improve go out and work on Sundays just for some on here to bitch and moan about how they shouldn't be doing it especially on Sunday, now you hired a coach who the very next morning looked at your program and spit in it's face by declining to take the job after going through with the interview process. To now you say Pendleton is worthy enough to be the head coach of Ironton. What does it take to be worthy of Irontons head coach? Because whatever it is you sure ain't going to get it now . You just better hope you can find someone who will take over this enormous dumpster fire( now a wild fire) before actual football season starts or before you lose all your players.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Waterboy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:08 pm
Edmond Dantes wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:04 pm

Better than the last hire. That wasn’t sure
Quote of the day:::
You’re hired !!
“But do you really want the job ? It’s ok think about it for a few hours. Oh ok we’ll start looking again. Sorry to inconvenience you “ . HAHA. The no balls boe!!

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Tartanblue wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:11 pm
Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:28 pm

I agree.

Y'all are aware this isn't the Ironton of old that many feared to play and demanded respect, this version of Ironton is becoming the a circus and a joke with all of this going on. You have spent months since October trying to figure out if your going to keep Vass or let him go, in the mean time you are losing players it seems every week because there is no direction to lead them, then players who want to improve go out and work on Sundays just for some on here to bitch and moan about how they shouldn't be doing it especially on Sunday, now you hired a coach who the very next morning looked at your program and spit in it's face by declining to take the job after going through with the interview process. To now you say Pendleton is worthy enough to be the head coach of Ironton. What does it take to be worthy of Irontons head coach? Because whatever it is you sure ain't going to get it now . You just better hope you can find someone who will take over this enormous dumpster fire( now a wild fire) before actual football season starts or before you lose all your players.
Couldn’t have been said any better!!! Circus is the word

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Amateur hour in Ironton. You don't offer the job unless you know the candidate will for sure accept...especially not to a guy who has pulled this stunt before!! Doesn't matter who they hire now....fans and kids will be discounting the hire as their Plan B and not buying in from the start.*

Return to “Football”