2018 Ironton Head football coach

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NewEra wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:14 am So has Grizzle accepted is the question?
WHO CAN ACTUALLY CONFIRM THIS. I'M IN NO WAY TRYING TO SAY IT IS NOT TRUE. SO PLEASE BELIEVE THAT. I'M JUST CURIOUS IF IT CAN BE CONFIRMED. BUT IF IT DID IN FACT HAPPEN. THAT'S ALL I'M ASKING. AND IF IT DID AND THEY DIDN'T ASK PENDLETON 1ST.
THEN I'D TELL TREVON TO STEER CLEAR AND MAKE A REALLY WIDE TURN AROUND THE WHOLE SITUATION FOR HIS OWN GOOD.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

our ship is taking on water and sinking.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

This is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen at any level of athletics when it comes to a coaching search at a "premier" program.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Kids come First wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm Does anyone know who is going to be head coach at Ironton next year? I am hearing that several people that are qualified for the position and have expressed interest but the school board has not posted that position. Sounds like to me the school board is waiting till last second so no one applys because they either applied for other positions or took a position because they can’t wait till May for a position to be posted, therefore, the school board does not have to make any changes which is the easiest way out for them. This job as well as many others including the superintendent’s position needs to be posted now so that the best applicants can be evaluated for all positions. It sounds like to me the full time athletic director at Ironton needs to go or start evaluating his coaches better and set higher expectations for his coaches/programs and himself.
In all seriousness...did anyone ever really imagine that this thread would be 32 pages and growing, with the original question still not answered into later April??? What a sorry mess!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NO I DID NOT CHUCK. I CANNOT EVEN FATHOM IT NOT BEING RESOLVED RIGHT AFTER THE SEASON. MUCH LESS THIS. I JUST LOVE IRONTON, AND IRONTON FOOTBALL. BUT NOW WE'RE A PUNCHLINE. I HOPE THE HIRE IS NOT A BIG SPLASH. AND THEY GET THIS DONE RIGHT.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

4th and iches wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:36 am The three names that were given to the board for approval was Sammons , grizzle and Fred Ray so I’m guessing Scott was their second choice so if he turns it down I assume they will offer Fred, Pendleton wasn’t one of their choices so I wouldn’t worry about him not taking the job just yet but ... I can see it getting to the next 3 , batter batter swing batter
There was only name given to the board to vote on this past Monday.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:01 am
laser breath wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am
Fan Friday wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:48 am I am so disappointed by the BOE. They knew they were not going to hire Vass. They should have hired a coach by the first of January, no later than February. Now they hired someone that turned down the job and here we are almost MAY and no coach. It is the most pitiful chaos I have ever seen. Some of you people complain because we can’t beat Burg! Well when you have no concern for the kids in your community, you can’t expect to be on top. You force kids to leave. There is no do over for these kids. These kids have been the ones who suffer. All I see is everyone in any kind of power have their own agendas. This one hates that one. That one hates this one. Blame him. Blame her. Why would any kid want to stay in this kind of chaos? It’s really an embarrassment. The kids in this community do not come first. It’s quite obvious. They deserve the very best. And this includes still not having a superintendent. How long has it been that Mr. Nance resigned? And let me say this, it’s not just Football that is suffering. Boys Basketball hasn’t had a good season since 2013. The baseball team has won 2 games this season. We have some really good people in this town that work hard to make things better, but it seems they are outnumbered by the others and their agendas. I love this town, but when is enough enough?
Weren’t you the one bashing a kids dad in the other thread?
The dad yes! The kid no. Hated that the kid left. But his dad threatened every season. LITERALLY. His dad definitely isn’t missed by anyone. You will be begging him to leave. Probably before the season starts. Now everything I just said is true!
Even if everything I have read on this site about this kid’s dad is true, it doesn’t matter. There is no “daddy ball” here at The Burg. If the kid is good enough to start, he will. I think I read somewhere the kid was a linebacker. Big deal, he will have to prove he is good enough to play that position. If the coaches feel the best fit for the kid is another position, they will put him where they need him. If daddy doesn’t like it, he can take his kid somewhere else and the next kid will step up and take his place. Say what you will about Wheelersburg, we have a certain way of doing things around here and you either get on board or get out of the way. I’m sure the kid will fit in fine here and the dad can be left to be another loud mouth transplant in the stands being drowned out by the cheering as Burg scores again and again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M NOT GOING SO FAR AS CALLING IT A MESS. actually I have been disrespectful at times using a term once of a dumpster fire. I got caught up in that hoopla earlier. and for that I need to apologize. I have too much respect for the program to call it that, or the term circus I used on facebook and here. and for that I'm very sorry. too late to take that back now. it's in print, it's done. but I have felt bad about it. I could delete it, but everyone done seen it. I love ironton high school, and it's program. I love the town and adore the people there. the people here are very similar to ironton folk. and I really like the people involved in the hiring process and the school board as individuals. I know all of them well, except ryan Guthrie. I just can't place him. ---------------------------- but I been out of high school for right at 40 years at this point. and my young'uns that played there are already having 10 year reunions. so to say I'm out of the loop would be an understatement. -------------- it has to be differing and individual agendas that is keeping this from happening. because what I know of these guys they are stand up and they are my friends. but I have no idea why these men cannot get this right as a group. can we not see every sport is suffering and not producing, not just football. so you have to question the leadership from the top down. you get the right people leading. kids will run through a wall for you just like they did for bruney, lutz and triplett. nothing has changed DNA wise with ironton kids. ''YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME''. YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME , ASK WHEELERSBURG.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:10 pm

The dad yes! The kid no. Hated that the kid left. But his dad threatened every season. LITERALLY. His dad definitely isn’t missed by anyone. You will be begging him to leave. Probably before the season starts. Now everything I just said is true!
Even if everything I have read on this site about this kid’s dad is true, it doesn’t matter. There is no “daddy ball” here at The Burg. If the kid is good enough to start, he will. I think I read somewhere the kid was a linebacker. Big deal, he will have to prove he is good enough to play that position. If the coaches feel the best fit for the kid is another position, they will put him where they need him. If daddy doesn’t like it, he can take his kid somewhere else and the next kid will step up and take his place. Say what you will about Wheelersburg, we have a certain way of doing things around here and you either get on board or get out of the way. I’m sure the kid will fit in fine here and the dad can be left to be another loud mouth transplant in the stands being drowned out by the cheering as Burg scores again and again.
I KNOW THE GUY INVOLVED HERE, AND HIS SON. I WISH THEM BOTH LUCK. BRIDGES HAVE BEEN BURNT, AND NEED REPAIRED. WE HAVE ALL MADE MISTAKES AND WE ALL HAVE A PAST. --------------------- THE REASON I COPIED THIS POST WAS THE BECAUSE OF THE OTHER CONTENT. REREAD THE POST ABOVE, AND JUST PONDER. THAT USED TO BE IRONTON, NOW IT AIN'T. IT HAIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE, WE NEED LEADERS THAT WILL LEAD, AND 1ST AND FOREMOST TEACH SOUND, FUNDAMENTAL FOOTBALL AND PUSH KIDS OTHERWISE IN TRAINING AND WEIGHTROOM REGIMENTS.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

I don’t care anything about what he does. Good for the Burg! Put him in his place! He is irrelevant.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

osu 77 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:10 am 90 percent of the posters on here could care less about Ironton football period.

Every school in this area that made changes ran into all kinds of issues here is the list below:

- Rock Hill - took 3 years hired the same coach back twice
- Coal Grove - brought back the same coach hire a new coach he left and hired a new young coach
- Portsmouth - 5 years 3 different coaches
- South Point - I lost count of how many new coaches they have had a new one this year.
- Gallipolis - 3 different coaches in 5 years
I agree

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I just scratch my head thinking why we can't get this done. and having coached youth football myself. I know about the daddy n mommy situation. it was constant pandomonia. and for the most part I tuned it all out. so I have no idea what it must be like at a high school level. and don't want to know. but we need to pick leaders that will tune that out. and put the best athletes in the right positions to win. that's one of the main reasons I admired bob lutz. he didn't care if your daddy was a millionaire or he was on welfare. he was amazing at putting the best people in the right places. ----------------- and quite frankly I cannot even imagine what people like coach lutz and burcham are thinking about how this has been handled. I've seen these men at tiger games. and they just shake their heads at what is going on. so they are seeing the lack of effort and fundamentals and leadership.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Basically 4 months until week 1. At this point, they just have to find someone willing to take the job and learn the kids names before the season starts.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I agree to the concerns of the longevity of this issue......we are almost into the 5th month of the year which means kickoff and football Friday nights are a mere 3months away.....what an undertaking the new coach will have already on his plate.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

the individual that does take this job.....if he would turn this ship around and put the fighting tigers back to where they once were......well he will instantly forever etch his name into the history books and will be right there in the realms of the great Bob Lutz

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

I know this is true and this exact thing has been missing from Ironton for several years. 7 to be exact

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:20 pm

I don’t care anything about what he does. Good for the Burg! Put him in his place! He is irrelevant.
💸💵💰

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

4th and iches wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am Offer was given to .... Scott grizzle from greenup this might be strike 2!!!!! For the BOE
He looks to be a good candidate, wonder how long they’ll give him to decide whether he wants it or not?

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Not long

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Yes Scott wouid be a good young coach who’s not looking to go anywhere

Return to “Football”