2018 Ironton Head football coach

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by TOUGH »

Just got word from s friend of BOE member that Pendleton is very much in play... Lafon didn’t want to give it to a guy with no HC experience but pressure from community and BOE is changing those plans

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Just got word from s friend of BOE member that Pendleton is very much in play... Lafon didn’t want to give it to a guy with no HC experience but pressure from community and BOE is changing those plans... Also was told Pendletln interviewed very strong and that’s what has kept him in it.

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

Well let's hope so.. Just get a coach.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Also there is a meeting tonight!

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

You mean a board meeting. Cause there nothing posted about a board meeting.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Didn’t say board meeting. Said meeting tonight to discuss

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

OK. Thanks

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Just looked up some stuff ..

Fairview district is raceland , Paintsville and them they were 02 in district play and lost in the first round of the playoffs which everyone in my makes

This is what I think is crazy
Paintsville had in the 40’s kids playing football
Raceland high 60’s
Fairview high 20’s

This year Paintsville looks to be the same
Raceland same
Fairview 13.. 13 kids
If he can’t get kids to come out and play at a school he’s been at for a few kids how the heck can he get kids to come out in a new school

If he’s offered the AD should be fired on the spot and the board members removed

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Pendleton is getting the job.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Buramgerdin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:12 pm Pendleton is getting the job.
If true, I think the situation will work out in Irontons best interest. I honestly think the young man is going to be something special and the Ironton faithful will be very happy. It may not happen overnight but given the time Ironton will be back. I heard from a very reliable source the only reason he even got an interview is because Mark Dantonio and Mark Snyder personally called and gave recommendations on behalf of Pendleton. I don’t think these guys would stick there necks and reputations on the line for just anyone. I also think it’s intriguing that a guy like Coach Triplett that knows what the job intels and knows the expectations and still stands by Pendleton and has publicly said Ironton BOE is crazy if they don’t give him a shot. I don’t see a guy that’s retired and still respected by many of Ironton faithful put his name and reputation on the line. I think there belief in someone who has never been a HC is very telling.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Is this a fact or hearsay?

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:32 pm
If true, I think the situation will work out in Irontons best interest. I honestly think the young man is going to be something special and the Ironton faithful will be very happy. It may not happen overnight but given the time Ironton will be back. I heard from a very reliable source the only reason he even got an interview is because Mark Dantonio and Mark Snyder personally called and gave recommendations on behalf of Pendleton. I don’t think these guys would stick there necks and reputations on the line for just anyone. I also think it’s intriguing that a guy like Coach Triplett that knows what the job intels and knows the expectations and still stands by Pendleton and has publicly said Ironton BOE is crazy if they don’t give him a shot. I don’t see a guy that’s retired and still respected by many of Ironton faithful put his name and reputation on the line. I think there belief in someone who has never been a HC is very telling.
Yup. D'antoni and Snyder called to recommend on a high school job in nowhere, u.s.a. 😂😂😂😂😂

BTWN_THE_LINE
BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:03 pm
Is this a fact or hearsay?
Heresy. Its always heresy when it concerns Ironton. Lol

BTWN_THE_LINE
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

BigCarlito72 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:32 pm
Yup. D'antoni and Snyder called to recommend on a high school job in nowhere, u.s.a. 😂😂😂😂😂
Mark Snyder is best friends with Mike Burcham. I highly doubt he called and gave any recommendations for anyone being that Red Burcham (Mike Burcham’s son) and Coach Vass (Mike Burcham’s nephew) are family! And I’m surprised anyone would take this coaching job on. Especially after being the 4th one offered the job!! I guess 4th time is a charm now. Heavens what a mess created by the BOE!! Good Luck too the new coach (if he has actually accepted the job) He will need it with this bunch!

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Fan Friday wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:58 pm

Mark Snyder is best friends with Mike Burcham. I highly doubt he called and gave any recommendations for anyone being that Red Burcham (Mike Burcham’s son) and Coach Vass (Mike Burcham’s nephew) are family! And I’m surprised anyone would take this coaching job on. Especially after being the 4th one offered the job!! I guess 4th time is a charm now. Heavens what a mess created by the BOE!! Good Luck too the new coach (if he has actually accepted the job) He will need it with this bunch!
Just telling you what I was told from a person in the know. Why else would they interview him if he’s never been a HC and there were over 30 applicants. Think about it.

BigLeagueChew
Waterboy

Post by BigLeagueChew »

Fan Friday wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:58 pm

Pendleton would just roll up his sleeves, look in the mirror and say "I'll show you 4th choice" and stick his nose right to the grindstone and get it done! Just like he did when the naysayers said he wasn't a D1 football talent. Hire Trevon Pendleton!

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

4th and iches wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:05 pm Just looked up some stuff ..

Fairview district is raceland , Paintsville and them they were 02 in district play and lost in the first round of the playoffs which everyone in my makes

This is what I think is crazy
Paintsville had in the 40’s kids playing football
Raceland high 60’s
Fairview high 20’s

This year Paintsville looks to be the same
Raceland same
Fairview 13.. 13 kids
If he can’t get kids to come out and play at a school he’s been at for a few kids how the heck can he get kids to come out in a new school

If he’s offered the AD should be fired on the spot and the board members removed
Whether you like the coach or not, it's not fair to lay blame on him for the situation at Fairview. They had a max exodus of players transfer of all grades when the previous administration got busted for recruiting. This guy inherited a terrible situation

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Why are some saying Pendleton would be the 4th choice ? As far as I know there were only offers made to 2 coaches..

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I would say one offer Sammons should have never been offered the job. He was never going to take the job he was just pushing Midland for more money.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Was Pendleton an asst coach at west?

Return to “Football”