2018 Ironton Head football coach

Kleao
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by Kleao »

coach knows wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:11 pm When a kid can tell the head coach he is full poop and the coach does nothing. The only thing you get from this sorry BOE this is the first year Ironton has not won the OVC in football.
I’ve spoke to 4 boys and was told that never happened. Sounds like maybe a kid who wants to make himself look like he is a bad a$$ but may be lacking in that department. To me as a parent I think it shows lack of respect from home! I would be so embarrassed if my child spoke to an adult let alone a coach or teacher like that! IF it is true that it happened!
Last edited by Kleao on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:22 am absolutely 79tiger. you drive through town now you don't see kids outside doing anything. we played football everywhere, played floodwall football, baseball, softball. basketball games going on everywhere. played up in the hills there on 52. swam, rode bikes, hundreds of us got together at moulten's field to sled. we cut grass,fished, hunted. helped our dad's do construction stuff, and we were constantly playing outside. everything we done was physical, all day long. even after practices from whatever sport. it is nothing like that anymore. and that has to be a big contributor towards a problem. ------------------- but if that is the case it should affect every district. and I have heard way too many people bring up discipline problems at the root of it both ways. so until that changes, nothing will change.
You don’t even live here in Ironton! Drive on down to the Football stadium on Sunday afternoon and see the kids playing football. I swear I don’t get you. You do love to talk about yourself!! And I will admit you do a good job of it! You never shut up about yourself! Maybe you should do something physical and stay off the computer! What about having children and not being married? What does that say about someone’s upbringing? Please enlighten us all on that matter too since I’m pretty sure you are an expert on that too!
Last edited by Kleao on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

laser breath wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:44 pm
Kleao wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:55 pm
laser breath wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 pm

I would rather have a ring. Those are hard to come by. I have respect for any program that can get to that championship game, let alone win it.
Really!! Ironton has the same amount of State Titles as Burg has, but yet you spend much of your time bashing the team, the boys, the coaches, the fans, the community etc! I think you may be stretching the truth a bit with that statement!
Not really sure what you’re talking about. Just making the point that if I had the choice I’d take the ring. I dont really care if a kid moves or why they move there. I was just going off big chuck comment. If I had a choice to start in the position I wanted, or play another position and win a title, I’d choose the title. They are difficult to come by. Look how many times the tigers got there and didn’t win it. It’s just an opinion. I’m not sure how you took bashing a team out of that.
Go back and read your 100’s of post and then you will see where I got my statement!
Last edited by Kleao on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

“Reach higher guys, Reach higher”

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Kleao wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:57 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 am I don't buy that ironton is unsuccessful now because of no open enrollent transfers. that didn't even start till the 80's and ironton was wildly successful before that. when I was there in the mid seventies if anybody new was on the team it was because somebody moved into ironton. there has been a complete role reversal in ironton. coaching wise and player wise. and from everything I've heard it is lack of respect and discipline that is the cause behind all of it both ways. it takes the right people to fix that , but it has to start 1st at home. think about it, back in the day. all the men were plant workers, divorces were practically unheard of. fathers disciplined at home with a heavy hand. they paddled kids in school. no electronics, play station meant outside. we worked hard in the weight room and we worked hard at home. there were no electronics. you had 1 phone in the house, and it was generally in the living room or kitchen. no call waiting or answering machines. no privacy, and you were always told to get off the phone. too many distractions now, and not enough ole fashion discipline at home and school. and I'm sick of hearing about the Lawrence county all stars. you think every player at burg is from burg. think again. plain and simple ironton does not put in the time like they did then, and it shows. and after years of destroying county teams when they rarely played each other. the tide has turned and county schools are catching up and surpassing ironton. I remember year ago when ironton never played county schools and they scheduled coal grove for 2 years. and over a 2 year span it was ironton 100- coal grove zero. like 52-0, and 48-0. this year coal grove destroyed us. because they are more serious abut putting in the work and more disciplined.
Here we go again!!!!! How many boys do you know from this team? You know NOTHING about these boys. My child is one of the most respectful, hard working kids you will ever meet. And I hope he NEVER has to run in to you EVER in his life. My boy gets up most mornings BEFORE school and on Saturday and Sunday and works out. Then comes home from school and workouts and he’s not the only boy that does this. He has made All Ohio the past 2 years. He was named defensive player of the game his freshman year in the first and only game he started in on the Varsity team as a freshman. His parents have been married for over 20 years and when he gets in trouble at school (which I am trying to remember the last time that happened and I can’t) he is punished at home. Now once again, YOU HEARD this team lacks respect and discipline! I can tell you that is not the case from first hand!!! Now being the great Christian man you are, you owe a lot of boys an apology for spreading gossip! Which I know being such an upstanding man that you are, you realize is a big no no in the Bible! Your NEGATIVITY from a fan is part of the problem! So you need to publicly apologize to the boys that work hard and are respectful and disciplined for shaming them publicly. There can always be a few bad apples, but you can’t include an entire team because you have one or two kids that are not disciplined. I for one would like to hear more about your boy since you are so excited to get on a public forum and talk about others children. These boys on the IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER team are great boys and you can take to the bank! I’m your RELIABLE SOURCE for that! And while I’m at it, these coaches love these boys and would do anything to help them be successful and give them the shirt off their backs if someone needed it. So let’s keep that in mind when you are bashing them.
yes my oldest son got way off track, I mean way off track. but by the grace of god he got back on track. I am actually very sorry and ashamed of myself and do apologize for saying the kids were not putting the work in. it sounds like you have a wonderful son to be very proud of as I am of both of mine. I wasn't trying to say the entirety of the team was not working as hard. I'm just saying as far as times go, they are way different now. I'm very humbled by your response, and I'm ashamed of myself for coming over that way. I truly mean that. just caught up in the hoopla of trying to find out like the whole community what will it take to get the program back on track. there is a problem somewhere. my sincerest apologies. and I mean that. yeah, I was afraid my oldest wasn't going to live, much less graduate high school. but again praise god tht stage passed. I was just like him at that age with alcohol. but as far as living in ironton as someone mentioned. I'm 57, I only lived in ironton until I was 19. I lived at kitts hill for 32 years before moving here. but until the past few years. I was basically with my pops and wife every ironton game no matter where they played. and I been a fighting tiger fan for 57 years and 9 months. it sounds like your son is someone I'd love to meet sometime. perhaps I can make it up to you somehow if you come vist, we'll play some pool, go fishing, have a campfire and take a gator ride in the woods. I promise anyone reading this i'll try to be more positive. I wasn't trying to be negative , but more saying that I knew how much different things were these days.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I spoke directly to 2 BOE members about Vass but I have heard this story before and nothing happened. He has been given a chance to keep is job but he must replace his staff if he wants to stay. I am not sure that is the entire staff but the 2 I spoke with said major changes in the staff must take place for them to re-new his contract. Time will only tell and by the way he put this staff together he should be held accountable for their performances.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well best wishes to them in whatever changes they make. and Christians make mistakes just like everybody else in the world.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Kleao wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:00 pm
coach knows wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:11 pm When a kid can tell the head coach he is full poop and the coach does nothing. The only thing you get from this sorry BOE this is the first year Ironton has not won the OVC in football.
I’ve spoke to 4 boys and was told that never happened. Sounds like maybe a kid who wants to make himself look like he is a bad a$$ but may be lacking in that department. To me as a parent I think it shows lack of respect from home! I would be so embarrassed if my child spoke to an adult let alone a coach or teacher like that! IF it is true that it happened!
[/quote

Sorry to disappoint you but it did happen and this is not the first time it has happened.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you didn't disappoint me, I'm glad to hear it didn't happen. I'm not the one who told about it in the 1st place. and never repeated it. someone else did. I had my doubts anyway. and my posts confirm if kept saying ------------ if that happened, if that's true. not sure who it was that said they had been told that, just look back through the posts. but it weren't me.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

coach knows wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:58 am
Kleao wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:00 pm
[/quote

Sorry to disappoint you but it did happen and this is not the first time it has happened.
Sure it did. 😉 and like I said, if it did happen that’s a reflection of poor parenting to speak to an adult, teacher or coach in that manner!

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

If a kid spoke to a coach that way, he needs to be kicked off the team.
I don't believe it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:00 am If a kid spoke to a coach that way, he needs to be kicked off the team.
I don't believe it.
If it did happen, I disagree with kicking him off the team. Coaches are tasked with helping turn boys into men, helping kids who may stray down the wrong path and try to help set them straight and get them headed in the right direction. Coaches spend so much time with these kids throughout their entire career that I believe a coaches are just as important in shaping young men. Simply taking a kid who may have lost his temper or whatever the situation and saying, "your off the team," all because he through a curse word at you is not shaping that kid, it's seems like one would be doing what others in his life have done and just said I don't have to deal with you go elsewhere. Simply doesn't teach the kid, coaches can hand out punishment as well, need to help shape that kid sometimes it could be as simple as sitting down with the boy and checking on him making sure everything is ok with things outside of football.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I believe most of the problems in the schools/sports can be traced back to the banning of corporal punishment.
BRING BACK THE WOOD!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

greygoose wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:03 am
Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:00 am If a kid spoke to a coach that way, he needs to be kicked off the team.
I don't believe it.
If it did happen, I disagree with kicking him off the team. Coaches are tasked with helping turn boys into men, helping kids who may stray down the wrong path and try to help set them straight and get them headed in the right direction. Coaches spend so much time with these kids throughout their entire career that I believe a coaches are just as important in shaping young men. Simply taking a kid who may have lost his temper or whatever the situation and saying, "your off the team," all because he through a curse word at you is not shaping that kid, it's seems like one would be doing what others in his life have done and just said I don't have to deal with you go elsewhere. Simply doesn't teach the kid, coaches can hand out punishment as well, need to help shape that kid sometimes it could be as simple as sitting down with the boy and checking on him making sure everything is ok with things outside of football.
I agree kicking him off does not solve or develop the kid but doing nothing is the worse thing that coach and teacher could do. Also if this was done during one of the class offer by Ironton is weight lifting. This would be a school class room then there should be something done on the spot no exceptions.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

greygoose wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:03 am
I don't believe it.
goose that is wonderful post. so pleased to read that. getting to coach youth sports for some years I encountered similar situations, parents n kids. your post explains it so well. I'm proud of you for sharing it. nothing is learned from removal of the team. that could be the final straw for some kids. it has to turn into a teaching moment. and some of these kids are from single parent homes. and sometimes with no father figure involved.or they may be from a foster family, some are great, to some a kid just represents another check into the house to work with. we have no idea what these kids go through at home, we may think we have a good idea, but i been fooled too many times. and you have to be that figure in their life. the one stable male figure that a child can come to for anything and know that they'll get a fair unbiased well thought out response that will help a child in that situation and in the future to build on. and the greatest honor a coach can receive is many years later these kids still being involved in your life. still referring to you as coach. and sharing their lives with you. kids, engagements, marriages. and coming back to you years later in their lives with their problems. and still knowing they can trust you and confide in you, and know their secrets are safe with you, and the advice will be well thought out. ------------------------------------------- I felt terrible about something I done as a coach sometime, because I constantly prayed with our kids. we were undefeated and it was the game before the super bowl, it was the dreaded ironton eagles.and the winner was gonna face the dreaded ironton bills and the winner went to the super bowl. and right before we went out on the field I had them where they'd have ran through a wall for us. and in the process of telling them I wanted to kick ironton's butt , well let's just say it didn't come out that way. and I said let's go kick their a--. I like to died, I prayed with them and asked them to forgive me and realize we all make mistakes. so it too was a teaching moment, and extremely embarassing for me. oh to go back and think of these wonderful days. but great post, nothing is learned by turning away this kid, or any other kid if this did indeed happen, or for that matter happen on any team at any level or sport. so I very much love your comment.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it must be addressed , but all eyes , everywhere are on the coach and his reaction, or lack of. lessons will be learned bad or good.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

I don't believe the kid said that to his coach.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:14 pm I don't believe the kid said that to his coach.
Me either!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Maybe in this situation the kid didn't say anything, I have no idea and seems like people have gone back and forth whether it happened or not. My point is even though it may not have happened here, it has happened somewhere. Seen kids of all kinds, those that feel entitled that you have to bring back down to earth, and seen kids where maybe their home life isn't the greatest and for those 2-3 months and a couple hours a day you are that kids break from the home life. Everything must be addressed simply turning a blind eye doesn't help the kid or the situation. As a coach if you've been with the kid long enough you know how to reach him, if he's new to your program it's at that moment you talk with the child/boy/man and figure out what may be going on. Hey we all have bad days and I've had kids who haven't had a problem with but something happened at school and they carried it with them to practice.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ABSOLUTELY. COACHES OR PLAYERS.

Return to “Football”