2018 Ironton Head football coach

Game day
All State

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by Game day »

Good point but I think they are cleaning house and it is well over due.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by Orange and Brown »

This thread is a dumpster fire.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Kids come First
Waterboy

2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Kids come First »

Does anyone know who is going to be head coach at Ironton next year? I am hearing that several people that are qualified for the position and have expressed interest but the school board has not posted that position. Sounds like to me the school board is waiting till last second so no one applys because they either applied for other positions or took a position because they can’t wait till May for a position to be posted, therefore, the school board does not have to make any changes which is the easiest way out for them. This job as well as many others including the superintendent’s position needs to be posted now so that the best applicants can be evaluated for all positions. It sounds like to me the full time athletic director at Ironton needs to go or start evaluating his coaches better and set higher expectations for his coaches/programs and himself.

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Basketball:30 »

So is Vass for sure done?
if so, did he resign? Or officially let-go?

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Kids come First wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm Does anyone know who is going to be head coach at Ironton next year? I am hearing that several people that are qualified for the position and have expressed interest but the school board has not posted that position. Sounds like to me the school board is waiting till last second so no one applys because they either applied for other positions or took a position because they can’t wait till May for a position to be posted, therefore, the school board does not have to make any changes which is the easiest way out for them. This job as well as many others including the superintendent’s position needs to be posted now so that the best applicants can be evaluated for all positions. It sounds like to me the full time athletic director at Ironton needs to go or start evaluating his coaches better and set higher expectations for his coaches/programs and himself.
Why not contact the Ironton Board of Education and give your questions to someone who may actually be able to answer them instead of on this site where this topic, which has been beaten like a dead horse, will just digress to a pile of crap like it always does?

Ironton Board of Education:
105 S. Fifth Street, Ironton, OH 45638
Phone 740.532.4133
Fax 740.532.2314

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

Thanks for the information Snoop pope but that route does not seem to work. Ironton needs some serious changes and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Very well said I agree the entire athletic program should be reviewed starting with the football program. I spoke to several coaches in the last few years and they all want the head football coach to stay. Because under his guidance we have hit rock bottom.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kids come First wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:04 pm Thanks for the information Snoop pope but that route does not seem to work. Ironton needs some serious changes and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
So you've contacted them and they won't answer your question?? Are you asking a question or putting it in the form of how you feel the program should be ran?? Surely they'd be more than willing to answer a question in terms of head coach if you simply ask that and where it stands. Leave it at that though they don't want lectured sure there's enough of that in these meetings.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'LL GIVE THIS TOPIC TILL ABOUT SUNDAY AT 3PM.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

What has happened is the coaches tried to please a few kids with a new offense and the lack discipline has caught up with them. You have divided locker room which leads to an out of control program. I have watched the off season conditioning program and I could find a bunch of old men that could left harder. Bottom line change must come and quickly.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well I lost that bet.
I hope ironton has a wonderful 2018 and rebounds nicely.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 am What has happened is the coaches tried to please a few kids with a new offense and the lack discipline has caught up with them. You have divided locker room which leads to an out of control program. I have watched the off season conditioning program and I could find a bunch of old men that could left harder. Bottom line change must come and quickly.
What few kids has the program changed for? You bring this up quite often. If you are going to have enough guts to bring up kids, have enough guts to say what kids you are speaking about. We heard for years that Ironton needs to change with the times. So that’s what the coaching staff did and now people are complaining about the change. People like you just like to sit back and complain about everything. People like you love to go to board meetings and complain about everything to do with sports and say nothing about the educational system.

letsgo
Waterboy

Post by letsgo »

If any changes were going to be made, it would've happened already.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Kleao wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Game day wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 am What has happened is the coaches tried to please a few kids with a new offense and the lack discipline has caught up with them. You have divided locker room which leads to an out of control program. I have watched the off season conditioning program and I could find a bunch of old men that could left harder. Bottom line change must come and quickly.
What few kids has the program changed for? You bring this up quite often. If you are going to have enough guts to bring up kids, have enough guts to say what kids you are speaking about. We heard for years that Ironton needs to change with the times. So that’s what the coaching staff did and now people are complaining about the change. People like you just like to sit back and complain about everything. People like you love to go to board meetings and complain about everything to do with sports and say nothing about the educational system.
First off you are not allowed to bring kids names up on this site second, do you actual think just the offense is the problem then you have your head in the sand or somewhere else.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:31 pm
Kleao wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm
First off you are not allowed to bring kids names up on this site second, do you actual think just the offense is the problem then you have your head in the sand or somewhere else.
You are the one that brought up offense and a few kids. I would imagine anyone with a brain knows who you are speaking about. My point was you bring this up often you may as well say the names because I’m sure the young man knows he’s the one you are speaking of. Keep building up the confidence for these boy🙄

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

That is the coaches job and he has failed at that also.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Sadly it won’t matter who gets the job. They will want him out in no time. Unfortunately what were two great jobs have become jobs that are nearly impossible to fill and keep....
Ironton and Portsmouth. Good luck.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

programs such as Ironton demand success and those that truly know the game of football understand that this does not happen overnight in a RE-BUILD ERA but at a program such as history filled as Ironton's program is overnight success is not the unthinkable. the ingredients for success lay in place but you have to let someone come in and establish what is and how it is going to be. the community support is there so even if you do not totally agree with 100% of what is taking place, FANS GO SUPPORT your fighting tigers win loose or draw being there for the kids goes along ways, positive attitude, hard work, determination and never give up attitude is highly contagious and when it is seen day in and day out from January-December from EVERYONE top to bottom in the program all of a sudden 6-4 just went to 8-2. school board, administrators, coaches, players, boosters, and fan community support come together as a TEAM and when the fighting tigers have that again, I pity the teams that knocked them while they were done......cause they wont be there forever

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 pm programs such as Ironton demand success and those that truly know the game of football understand that this does not happen overnight in a RE-BUILD ERA but at a program such as history filled as Ironton's program is overnight success is not the unthinkable. thei ingredients for success lay in place but you have to let someone come in and establish what is and how it is going to be. the community support is there so even if you do not totally agree with 100% of what is taking place, FANS GO SUPPORT your fighting tigers win loose or draw being there for the kids goes along ways, positive attitude, hard work, determination and never give up attitude is highly contagious and when it is seen day in and day out from January-December from EVERYONE top to bottom in the program all of a sudden 6-4 just went to 8-2. school board, administrators, coaches, players, boosters, and fan community support come together as a TEAM and when the fighting tigers have that again, I pity the teams that knocked them while they were done......cause they wont be there forever
Very well said but this staff has had about 7 years to put something together and every year it gets worse. I still believe they should look at the entire athletic programs in general.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:38 pm That is the coaches job and he has failed at that also.
Oh I’m sorry. I thought it was a community. So I guess it’s the coaches job to build these boys up and people like you to tear them down! Thanks for setting me straight!

Return to “Football”