2018 Ironton Head football coach

Game day
All State

Re: Ironton BOE Meeting 12/19

Post by Game day »

Only thing I would say about the above statement is Ironton lost money this year in football. If that trend continues then we will see how important education is to the BOE.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Game day wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:25 pm Only thing I would say about the above statement is Ironton lost money this year in football. If that trend continues then we will see how important education is to the BOE.
These are high school kids that need education to send them off into the real world, so I truly hope that would be the #1 priority and not whether or not the football team makes money. Want to make money get the community behind your team, if they spend as much time supporting the team as they do bashing coaching, administration, living in the past, etc. the team would be raking it in.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

So I guess we should all just shut are mouths and watch the team that so many of us help build go down the toilet. Wrong 🙁

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Game day wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:05 am So I guess we should all just shut are mouths and watch the team that so many of us help build go down the toilet. Wrong 🙁
You said it perfect, watch the team that so many of us help build go down the toilet. You guys who helped build a team back then was simply put, back then. Times have changed yet for the Ironton faithful they simply haven't adjusted with the times and realize what you are now is not what you once were. Stop reliving the past every year or every game you go to, "back in my day we wouldn't have done this", well sorry but back in your day the area teams were down, the philosophy and mind set of football was different as was the caliber of athlete. You have to adjust with the times and unfortunately for Ironton you simply tried to make adjustments well after everyone else in the area was getting comfortable with the changes they've made. So suck it up buttercup, every team goes through it's up and downs and some teams have BIG TIME downs, for some reason the Ironton faithful just felt they were immune to this happening. You are in a league that will allow you to at least go .500 while you try to work your way back up the ranks. You basically are like most small schools in the area in that you'll be waiting for the right group of kids to come along to give you that quality season.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Once again you are wrong, I am not living in the past because I mentioned the program that some many of us built is falling apart. You are living in the past believing this staff has not brought all this bad blood into the Ironton program. Answer this question, when was the last time this staff won a game when both teams weren’t sure who would win? That’s right if you said never in the history of Mark Vass you got it right.
Last edited by Game day on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Game day wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:58 am Once again you are wrong I am not living in the past because I mentioned the program that some many of us built is falling apart. You are living in the past believing this staff has not brought all this bad blood into the Ironton program. Answer this question when was the last time this staff won game when both teams weren’t sure who would win? That’s right if you say never in the history of Mark Vass you got it right.
LOL, buddy I could honestly care less about the winning and losing at Ironton. Of course you are living in the past because you guys all compare everything to the Lutz era. I'm not saying Vass is your answer but at least he's trying to make changes to the system, face it you don't get the athletes from all the other schools like you once did. Ironton is a very small town market that doesn't attract the outsiders, you guys are now simply put at best a 5-8 win ball club depending on the players you have in your system. It's no knock it's the harsh reality whether you want to turn a blind eye to that, that's all you but walks like a duck, looks like a duck, it's a duck and for Ironton the last SEVERAL years have proven what this team is. You guys are on the same playing field as everyone around you now and you're not used to it so you place blame everywhere so you don't face the reality that you are what you are now. Not bad, not great but an average team that will produce quality seasons every so many years now.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Have you once heard me talk about Lutz no. Do you know what Insanity is, keep doing the same thing over and over again expect different results! That's what we get with this Staff. By the way if you care less then get off this Ironton forum but I know better you are buddies with the staff. They need another coach like you that wants to put their head in the sand and say it will be better next year. Have a nice weekend!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Game day wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:19 am Have you once heard me talk about Lutz no. Do you know what Insanity is, keep doing the same thing over and over again expect different results! That's what we get with this Staff. By the way if you care less then get off this Ironton forum but I know better you are buddies with the staff. They need another coach like you that wants to put their head in the sand and say it will be better next year. Have a nice weekend!
Yeah I've got them on speed dial and we're just laughing away at all the arm chair coaches who have everything figured out from the seat of their couch. Ever voice your opinion, other than on a forum, in person?? Parents ever get together and have meetings with coaching staff so the coaches can talk with the parents and kids about their expectations going into the season and in turn does anyone say here's what we'd like to see?? I couldn't be on that staff couldn't deal with people having unrealistic expectations for a team, the way you talk though seems like ironton and Portsmouth people are having the same complaints. Guess there's a lot of coaching staffs in the OVC struggling the way you guys put it. Go out volunteer to coach and try and make a difference.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Game day wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:25 pm Only thing I would say about the above statement is Ironton lost money this year in football. If that trend continues then we will see how important education is to the BOE.
For you think football is first and school is second is just plain dumb. Just a dumb statement smh

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Burg people trolling Ironton treads....priceless.
It was to long ago when Valley was beating you. If Ironton people want to mention the past who cares. You Burg people kill me. Its Burg law! No talking about the past!
Do us a favor go buy your Burg State Championship muffler or dog leash,pie pan etc.and don't worry about people bringing up their past. Good gravy

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

12gauge wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:11 pm Burg people trolling Ironton treads....priceless.
It was to long ago when Valley was beating you. If Ironton people want to mention the past who cares. You Burg people kill me. Its Burg law! No talking about the past!
Do us a favor go buy your Burg State Championship muffler or dog leash,pie pan etc.and don't worry about people bringing up their past. Good gravy
Who you talking about?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

laser breath wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm
12gauge wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:11 pm Burg people trolling Ironton treads....priceless.
Who you talking about?
Actually yes, right now it IS Burg’s Law. They are the top program around and have the hardware to back up that statement. Until someone from this area comes along and knocks us off this perch, we will proudly stand on top of it shouting “BRING IT ON” to all comers. Ironton used to be able to say the same thing. Maybe it will happen again for them and maybe it won’t. From what I gathered from all these posts is that people are comparing Ironton’s past success to their current mediocrity. They are speaking of a change at Ironton because lately is has been “wait til next year or we had a lot of injuries”. You can’t change the players or lack there of at your school but you can change the coaches. Maybe a different staff doing things differently is the shot in the arm Ironton’s program needs at this point. I don’t have all the answers, none of us do. We just want what is best for our respective programs. I hope does Ironton become a better team. Whipping them by 45 points this past year may look great on the scoreboard but it’s not as satisfying as winning a hard fought game decided in the final minute or play.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

This guy talking about the past like Burg was a doormat team for years. Well, they sure as heck didn't go 4-6 like a certain team... Beat by Fairland and Gallia, teams which were 0-10 and 1-9 two seasons ago.

Whenever Valley won, Valley had good teams that went deep into the playoffs those years.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Trolls,trolls,trolls

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

12gauge wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:17 am Trolls,trolls,trolls
Such insight. :lol: :roll:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

12gauge wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm
For you think football is first and school is second is just plain dumb. Just a dumb statement smh
I’m not sure where Education became a part of this Football thread, Is there a problem with the Education system at Ironton? I don’t think there is. I was home the other day and there’s a sign saying Ironton recidved a Blue Ribbon award for Education.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 pm
12gauge wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm
I’m not sure where Education became a part of this Football thread, Is there a problem with the Education system at Ironton? I don’t think there is. I was home the other day and there’s a sign saying Ironton recidved a Blue Ribbon award for Education.
He wasn’t referring to the education. He was just saying that the board would look a lot harder at the coaching situation if the stands weren’t getting filled up because football is generally the money maker for all athletics. Having people showing up is a big deal for the school district.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Special BOE meeting Tuesday to discuss contracts. This was in the Ironton Tribune Sunday. I heard they are looking at the Superintendent first and I hope they move on to others.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

so what is the actual situation now. I know the head coach was retained. any word on assistants or possible candidates.
I know the kids are still there to turn around the program, I just know it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I heard all the contracts are going to be looked at starting with the Super. If they don't get to the football contracts they will take them up the next meeting. This was straight from a BOE Member.

Return to “Football”