JV Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Runner00 »

So, who was offered?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I have some inside information as to who was offered... I can't tell you his name, but this photo was taken just yesterday as he sat at Tank Stadium and pondered taking the job:

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 am I have some inside information as to who was offered... I can't tell you his name, but this photo was taken just yesterday as he sat at Tank Stadium and pondered taking the job:

I thought they weren’t hiring Vass back? 😂

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 am I have some inside information as to who was offered... I can't tell you his name, but this photo was taken just yesterday as he sat at Tank Stadium and pondered taking the job:

Won't matter if Bobby Boucher's dear Mama finds out he playing the foozball.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Eggsalad44 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:51 pm Whoever made the B-52 reference, it doesn't work. That aircraft is expected to remain in service well into the 2050's. Second, Spartan Stadium is not abandoned. Notre Dame still plays there. There is nothing structurally wrong with that stadium. I'm there every day.

I made the B-52 reference. Let not get technical. It was reference to the war plane that was used in WW2, which demonstrates age. I would think that the new b-52 would have some upgrades. :roll:

Second, spartan stadium has had plenty of problems. The visitor side was structurally unsafe about 10 years ago when burg went down there to play. The press box is a hornets and birds paradise. The facility is old. Yes Notre Dame plays there because it has seats and a field. It needs overhauled something terrible. And yes I’ve been there recently.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:48 am I am so disappointed by the BOE. They knew they were not going to hire Vass. They should have hired a coach by the first of January, no later than February. Now they hired someone that turned down the job and here we are almost MAY and no coach. It is the most pitiful chaos I have ever seen. Some of you people complain because we can’t beat Burg! Well when you have no concern for the kids in your community, you can’t expect to be on top. You force kids to leave. There is no do over for these kids. These kids have been the ones who suffer. All I see is everyone in any kind of power have their own agendas. This one hates that one. That one hates this one. Blame him. Blame her. Why would any kid want to stay in this kind of chaos? It’s really an embarrassment. The kids in this community do not come first. It’s quite obvious. They deserve the very best. And this includes still not having a superintendent. How long has it been that Mr. Nance resigned? And let me say this, it’s not just Football that is suffering. Boys Basketball hasn’t had a good season since 2013. The baseball team has won 2 games this season. We have some really good people in this town that work hard to make things better, but it seems they are outnumbered by the others and their agendas. I love this town, but when is enough enough?
Weren’t you the one bashing a kids dad in the other thread?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:48 am I am so disappointed by the BOE. They knew they were not going to hire Vass. They should have hired a coach by the first of January, no later than February. Now they hired someone that turned down the job and here we are almost MAY and no coach. It is the most pitiful chaos I have ever seen. Some of you people complain because we can’t beat Burg! Well when you have no concern for the kids in your community, you can’t expect to be on top. You force kids to leave. There is no do over for these kids. These kids have been the ones who suffer. All I see is everyone in any kind of power have their own agendas. This one hates that one. That one hates this one. Blame him. Blame her. Why would any kid want to stay in this kind of chaos? It’s really an embarrassment. The kids in this community do not come first. It’s quite obvious. They deserve the very best. And this includes still not having a superintendent. How long has it been that Mr. Nance resigned? And let me say this, it’s not just Football that is suffering. Boys Basketball hasn’t had a good season since 2013. The baseball team has won 2 games this season. We have some really good people in this town that work hard to make things better, but it seems they are outnumbered by the others and their agendas. I love this town, but when is enough enough?
that's an excellent heartfelt post Friday.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU HAIN'T RIGHT JUNK !!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU JUST HAIN'T.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

laser breath wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am
Weren’t you the one bashing a kids dad in the other thread?
The dad yes! The kid no. Hated that the kid left. But his dad threatened every season. LITERALLY. His dad definitely isn’t missed by anyone. You will be begging him to leave. Probably before the season starts. Now everything I just said is true!

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Offer was given to .... Scott grizzle from greenup this might be strike 2!!!!! For the BOE

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wow 32 pages and counting............

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

4th and iches wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am Offer was given to .... Scott grizzle from greenup this might be strike 2!!!!! For the BOE
Grizzle for schizzle

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

4th and iches wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am Offer was given to .... Scott grizzle from greenup this might be strike 2!!!!! For the BOE
Attachments
IMG_1604.JPG

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

So has Grizzle accepted is the question?

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Nope

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

So if Grizzle turns it down I would in no way if I were Pendleton take the job if he's next to be ask..What a mess they are making of this situation

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

What does the board do, just hire someone and then ask if they want it. Geez

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigChuck wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:09 am
YOU REALLY HAIN'T RIGHT CHUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

The three names that were given to the board for approval was Sammons , grizzle and Fred Ray so I’m guessing Scott was their second choice so if he turns it down I assume they will offer Fred, Pendleton wasn’t one of their choices so I wouldn’t worry about him not taking the job just yet but ... I can see it getting to the next 3 , batter batter swing batter

Return to “Football”