2018 Ironton Head football coach

Yak
Waterboy

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Yak »

laser breath wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:46 pm
79Tiger wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:35 pm Just because Spartan stadium has been abandoned does not mean the Tank should be too.
Well like I said, one man’s opinion. Ironton needs to breathe new life in them. It might be extreme but I would build new bleachers around the “new rug” to match and even change the uniforms.
They asked for new uniforms and equipment and was told no by the Ad.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:49 pm From the Herald Dispatch: Salmons declines offer from Ironton, will stay at Cabell Midland

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... cea7a.html
Just in: Ego stroked, now will return to other job now that everyone knows how coveted and great of a coach he is, a true legend in his own mind.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

I'm shocked that the Ironton Tribune didn't cover this. NOT!!

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:49 pm From the Herald Dispatch: Salmons declines offer from Ironton, will stay at Cabell Midland

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/h ... cea7a.html

I buy that melon head for what it is worth and sell it for what he thinks it is worth just like i will do for lafon

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

Tribune sports guy is a vass supporter.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Is there any job this guy hasn't applied for?

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Lol - its pointless. These small town derps are never - EVER going to get it.

Let em be. As far as Ironton football goes, in the words of Ivan Drago - "if it dies, it dies."

Ps.. the boomers are on the clock and checking out at pace - soccer is the future anyway.

BTWN_THE_LINE
Admiral72
Waterboy

Post by Admiral72 »

Well, Salmons would have made quite a bit more money. But, this seems to be his MO. Hopefully, AD’s will look at this and consider his actions WHEN he applies for jobs again. So, what is the move for Ironton now? I hate to say it, as a former Blue Devil, but this area is better with Ironton being competitive.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Pendleton was a no brainer from the beginning. Hire the guy if he will take it now along with Triplett and let him bring in who he wants for assistants.This BS has gone on long enough.
Years ago Ironton was the place where everyone wanted to teach and coach. Now it's a place where no one wants to be. In my opinion some of the old coaches in football and basketball should be brought back to straighten things out. Bring back discipline, work ethic and pride to the school.many of the old coaches were former Tigers themselves.Their pasts as a Tiger meant something...Im not talking Burchams and Lutz' s either..Theree were a lot of past assistants that were very very capable of being head coaches. They all stayed together for the love of the game and pride of the Tigers. It's not living in the past it's just knowing what to do with what you've got.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

12gauge wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:23 am Waterboy #rollcoal
You are pretty fired up over this Ironton BOE.
Why would someone from Coal Grove be this hard on a BOE from Ironton?
I'm guessing multiple user names.
I'm sure you have never been to a BOE meeting,then again why would you #roll coal
How am I being “so hard”?? It is obvious.? Evidently you can’t see it either. I could care less, all though I’m an Ironton graduate I chose to send my kids to coal grove cause of all the bull poop that’s been going on there for the last 20 years. There’s no multiple usernames . Just seeing what’s really happening. . Obviously I’ve struck a nerve or you wouldn’t have called me out on it . Lol .. I just like stirring the pot a little also .my son graduates this year so you can guess and predict anything you want about me . You get paid to know everything?

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Eggsalad44
Waterboy

Post by Eggsalad44 »

Whoever made the B-52 reference, it doesn't work. That aircraft is expected to remain in service well into the 2050's. Second, Spartan Stadium is not abandoned. Notre Dame still plays there. There is nothing structurally wrong with that stadium. I'm there every day.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

I am so disappointed by the BOE. They knew they were not going to hire Vass. They should have hired a coach by the first of January, no later than February. Now they hired someone that turned down the job and here we are almost MAY and no coach. It is the most pitiful chaos I have ever seen. Some of you people complain because we can’t beat Burg! Well when you have no concern for the kids in your community, you can’t expect to be on top. You force kids to leave. There is no do over for these kids. These kids have been the ones who suffer. All I see is everyone in any kind of power have their own agendas. This one hates that one. That one hates this one. Blame him. Blame her. Why would any kid want to stay in this kind of chaos? It’s really an embarrassment. The kids in this community do not come first. It’s quite obvious. They deserve the very best. And this includes still not having a superintendent. How long has it been that Mr. Nance resigned? And let me say this, it’s not just Football that is suffering. Boys Basketball hasn’t had a good season since 2013. The baseball team has won 2 games this season. We have some really good people in this town that work hard to make things better, but it seems they are outnumbered by the others and their agendas. I love this town, but when is enough enough?

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

There has been an offer made.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

I heard they brought grizzle back in for a second interview I’m sure he’s not the only one so who was the offer to , snd I thought they couldn’t offer anyone until the board meets and votes first

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

So, who was offered?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I have some inside information as to who was offered... I can't tell you his name, but this photo was taken just yesterday as he sat at Tank Stadium and pondered taking the job:

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 am I have some inside information as to who was offered... I can't tell you his name, but this photo was taken just yesterday as he sat at Tank Stadium and pondered taking the job:

I thought they weren’t hiring Vass back? 😂

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 am I have some inside information as to who was offered... I can't tell you his name, but this photo was taken just yesterday as he sat at Tank Stadium and pondered taking the job:

Won't matter if Bobby Boucher's dear Mama finds out he playing the foozball.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Eggsalad44 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:51 pm Whoever made the B-52 reference, it doesn't work. That aircraft is expected to remain in service well into the 2050's. Second, Spartan Stadium is not abandoned. Notre Dame still plays there. There is nothing structurally wrong with that stadium. I'm there every day.

I made the B-52 reference. Let not get technical. It was reference to the war plane that was used in WW2, which demonstrates age. I would think that the new b-52 would have some upgrades. :roll:

Second, spartan stadium has had plenty of problems. The visitor side was structurally unsafe about 10 years ago when burg went down there to play. The press box is a hornets and birds paradise. The facility is old. Yes Notre Dame plays there because it has seats and a field. It needs overhauled something terrible. And yes I’ve been there recently.

Return to “Football”