2018 Ironton Head football coach

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Runner00 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:57 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:29 pm Does Pendleton teach?
?
Self employed through family business I believe.
The family Business is his own I believe. But dude has a degree. He did go play at MSU for 5 years. I doubt he came away with nothing. Lol. I’m sure he will teach something.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

I was reading back and see where someone said kids who leave are weak minded and their parents are raising them right so all the kids you have cheered for and accepted at Ironton from other schools must be weak minded and have bad parents too or does this just apply to kids who leave Ironton . How about Mark Snyder , heath brownstead , Aaron brown , current school board meneber Ryan Guthrie how about our current QB if he’s still here. Those are just a tiny tiny number of kids who’ve transferred to Ironton for similar reasons the ones are leaving today. Can’t have it both ways just wish them well and move on

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 pm

?
The family Business is his own I believe. But dude has a degree. He did go play at MSU for 5 years. I doubt he came away with nothing. Lol. I’m sure he will teach something.
Not sure anyone was insinuating that he didn’t have a degree

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:48 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 am

Not sure anyone was insinuating that he didn’t have a degree
Didn’t say they were. It would be easier for IHS to employ him as a teacher, given the fact that he has a degree. 🧐

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I was for the Pendleton / triplett train from jump street. God truly works in mysterious ways. so many may think this hard to believe but God Already knew exactly how it would play out. he knew what it would take for the ironton community to muster up the respect for a man who truly wanted the job from jump street knowing he had an enourmous uphill climb from the bottom of the hill anyway. yet still had the moxy and swallowed his pride to say yes. how can a guy like this not be successful if given a shot.

I would also like to thank mark vass and his staff for their time and dedication to fighting tiger football. I have said all along that they all, that I know are stand up guys. and sometimes things just don't work out. I hope nothing but the best for all of them. I hope those that are teachers remain with the school. and that their families not be affected negatively by the change. and that all remain lifelong fighting tiger fans. for they truly tried to turn things around. and I admire that. it's just like any job, if it ain't working there will inevitably be change. I have nothing but respect for all of them.

and I truly hope this is not another social media debacle again with Pendleton and they are ready to make a change. it sounds to me like mark lafon fought this tooth and nail. and may very well be on shifting sands himself. because the community will back a winner, and everything I have heard about this young man is that all signs point to steady growth and success. this cat knows more than we think. just for a minute take this in. he played at Portsmouth west. he played d1 college football in the BIG TEN under one of the top coaches in the country in mark dantonio, who just loves the guy. ironton's mark Snyder was one of his coaches at MSU. and marks coaching resume has to be one of the top resume's in the country, with stops at places like. YSU,MSU, OSU, TEXAS A&M, MARSHALL, LA. TECH, SOUTH FLORIDA, HEAD COACH AT MARSHALL, ETC. and mark Snyder and mark dantonio I am sure are both on speed dial. and both back him. mark is now at FSU,and his wife beth told me he was offered the defensive co-ordinator job at WASHINGTON STATE under coach mike leach after the bowl game with MSU/ WSU. so this cat has the resources, and no other candidate can say that. and to top that off MERRILL TRIPLETT is part of his package and coaching staff. MT HAS COACHED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY and he not only played for bob lutz/mike burcham. he COACHED IRONTON FOR A YEAR. when nobody else wanted to follow coach lutz, he stepped up to the plate. coached one year. then stepped aside so coach lutz could come back for a year to become ohio high school's all time winningest football coach. now that record has been broken. we are talking about amazing men here, amazing programs, amazing support staff. ironton finally has got this right if Pendleton gets hired. the year coach triplett coached. they were in the SEOAL, not the OVC. HERE WAS IRONTON'S SCHEDULE THAT YEAR. AND THEY BEAT BURG. IT WAS : WHEELERSBURG, OLENTANGY,ASHLAND, JACKSON, CHILLICOTHE, MARIETTA, GALLIPOLIS, PORTSMOUTH, ZANESVILLE, LOGAN. they had a winning season and were in the playoffs. so we're talking about some dudes that can get er done. I've said it time and again. ''YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME'' and in this case, MAYBE COME BACK. this is a no-brainer to me. and has been all along. so now if in fact this is true, we need to that mark vass for his time and wish them the best. welcome coach Pendleton and give him time to grow and build tiger football back to a leader. YTB.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and if mark lafon fights it. they may be a special meeting needed for him as well.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

A.) Ironton got lucky here. After the powers that be completely botched this situation, they somehow landed on their feet and hired the guy they should have hired from the get go. Pendleton didn't have to take it, and after all the nonsense I'm kind of surprised he did.

B.) In all honesty, I feel bad for Pendleton. I absolutely understand why he'd want this job, and do think he will make a fantastic coach one day. The problem is, Ironton is YEARS AWAY from being relevant and I'm not sure they'll be patient enough with him to let him build a program. Too many people in Ironton are still living in the glory days and think they have the best athletes around when that CLEARLY isn't true. He might be walking into a trap.

C.) How LaFon still has a job at Ironton I'll never know.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:51 am A.) Ironton got lucky here. After the powers that be completely botched this situation, they somehow landed on their feet and hired the guy they should have hired from the get go. Pendleton didn't have to take it, and after all the nonsense I'm kind of surprised he did.

B.) In all honesty, I feel bad for Pendleton. I absolutely understand why he'd want this job, and do think he will make a fantastic coach one day. The problem is, Ironton is YEARS AWAY from being relevant and I'm not sure they'll be patient enough with him to let him build a program. Too many people in Ironton are still living in the glory days and think they have the best athletes around when that CLEARLY isn't true. He might be walking into a trap.

C.) How LaFon still has a job at Ironton I'll never know.
Your definitely right! How does Lafon get to keep his job? After all this crap and since Ironton has been in the OVC he hasn’t even had a winning season or won the conference? How does he get to keep his job because he responsible as the only full time athletic in southern Ohio for Ironton sports especially football and boy’s basketball for those programs falling apart. Apparently BOE members are willing to make changes let’s keep making some more and make Ironton great again!

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

A removal of lefon would greatly help the new incoming staff , they can concentrate on the kids and coaching not looking over their shoulder to see what he’s up to all the time

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

4th and iches wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 am I was reading back and see where someone said kids who leave are weak minded and their parents are raising them right so all the kids you have cheered for and accepted at Ironton from other schools must be weak minded and have bad parents too or does this just apply to kids who leave Ironton . How about Mark Snyder , heath brownstead , Aaron brown , current school board meneber Ryan Guthrie how about our current QB if he’s still here. Those are just a tiny tiny number of kids who’ve transferred to Ironton for similar reasons the ones are leaving today. Can’t have it both ways just wish them well and move on
add Wolfgang Kratzenberg, James Peyton, Dion Brown, Kyle Bryant, Ryan Bryant, Phillip Kratzenbeg, DAngelo Pallodino, Steve White, JD Cyrus... to your list of transfers.I could go on an on....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

who cares who is a transfer. we need to get over that. I'm ready to not live in the past and move on. and start a new era of ironton football. ------------------------------ THIS JUST IN, THERE IS OPEN ENROLLMENT. kids transfer for various reasons. and I couldn't give a big rats butt about it. they may better or worsen their situation. in my opinion, this enrollment situation happened initially as a way for public schools to compete with private schools about building more powerful teams. at least it's above board. I did it with my own kids. they transferred from rock hill to ironton for various reasons. the main being I was 16 miles from rock hill schools one way. and 8 from ironton one way. I had 2 sons, 1 bi-racial. I wanted them to be able to experience the culture at ironton, as well as play for coach lutz as I had. as well as the thousands of others they coached. I lived in the rock hill district for 32 years. and loved both schools, and still do. but having 2 kids in sports, 2 different grades, it mainly boiled down to travel for me in the end. and I'd do the same thing again. people transfer for various reasons and I could care less. look at burg now, they have kids coming in out of the woodwork, and will be changing divisions soon going up one, because of it. but they are exceptional in their schooling, they produce by winning championships in ALL sports. so it is only natural people will migrate there. I have a sneakin sensation in my lower unit that if Pendleton takes this job. and I pray he does. that you'll see some young'uns coming back to tiger town. I think this is a very smart hire, a no brainer. and just the poke in the arm that ironton needs to start another dynasty. this kid will be a worker. so let's all sweep the open enrollment under the rug, it essentially is not an issue. it's legal. and who cares. hopefully ironton football will get back on solid ground. scholarships start happening again. league championships start back up, as well as playoff wins. but it ain't gonna happen overnight likely. but then again who knows. you've heared me say it before, and i'll say it again. IT'S LIKE EATIN AN ELEPHANT , ONE BITE AT A TIME. so be patient ya;ll. and I agree as far as the lafon situation. if he is in fact the main reason we have a problem in hiring/firing. and is not producing his days will be numbered as well. I like the guy myself. he was great to my kids when they were there. and I always thought he was a standup guy. but to be honest, I knew nothing about him other than school functions for 4 years. and he was very instrumental in getting my eldest bait through school. I wish the whole district nothing but well wishes.
--------------------------------------------------- AND IN CLOSING I REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE WERE SAYING I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS TOPIC IS 22 PAGES LONG. ------------------------------- HIT'S SO BIG NOW OLE DOM TIBERI FROM COLUMBUS CHANNEL 10 NEWS MAY START COVERING IT.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Of This BS with the hiring process and the coaches and transfers are what your tired of hearing about !!!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:19 am who cares who is a transfer. we need to get over that. I'm ready to not live in the past and move on. and start a new era of ironton football. ------------------------------ THIS JUST IN, THERE IS OPEN ENROLLMENT. kids transfer for various reasons. and I couldn't give a big rats butt about it. they may better or worsen their situation. in my opinion, this enrollment situation happened initially as a way for public schools to compete with private schools about building more powerful teams. at least it's above board. I did it with my own kids. they transferred from rock hill to ironton for various reasons. the main being I was 16 miles from rock hill schools one way. and 8 from ironton one way. I had 2 sons, 1 bi-racial. I wanted them to be able to experience the culture at ironton, as well as play for coach lutz as I had. as well as the thousands of others they coached. I lived in the rock hill district for 32 years. and loved both schools, and still do. but having 2 kids in sports, 2 different grades, it mainly boiled down to travel for me in the end. and I'd do the same thing again. people transfer for various reasons and I could care less. look at burg now, they have kids coming in out of the woodwork, and will be changing divisions soon going up one, because of it. but they are exceptional in their schooling, they produce by winning championships in ALL sports. so it is only natural people will migrate there. I have a sneakin sensation in my lower unit that if Pendleton takes this job. and I pray he does. that you'll see some young'uns coming back to tiger town. I think this is a very smart hire, a no brainer. and just the poke in the arm that ironton needs to start another dynasty. this kid will be a worker. so let's all sweep the open enrollment under the rug, it essentially is not an issue. it's legal. and who cares. hopefully ironton football will get back on solid ground. scholarships start happening again. league championships start back up, as well as playoff wins. but it ain't gonna happen overnight likely. but then again who knows. you've heared me say it before, and i'll say it again. IT'S LIKE EATIN AN ELEPHANT , ONE BITE AT A TIME. so be patient ya;ll. and I agree as far as the lafon situation. if he is in fact the main reason we have a problem in hiring/firing. and is not producing his days will be numbered as well. I like the guy myself. he was great to my kids when they were there. and I always thought he was a standup guy. but to be honest, I knew nothing about him other than school functions for 4 years. and he was very instrumental in getting my eldest bait through school. I wish the whole district nothing but well wishes.
--------------------------------------------------- AND IN CLOSING I REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE WERE SAYING I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS TOPIC IS 22 PAGES LONG. ------------------------------- HIT'S SO BIG NOW OLE DOM TIBERI FROM COLUMBUS CHANNEL 10 NEWS MAY START COVERING IT.
Ole bait you are missing g the point on the transfers. All those boys that have transferred into Ironton, were they weak minded and there parents not raising them right? You can't have it both ways. It makes the Tiger faithful look like hypocrites when one set of boys are praised for coming to Ironton but another set is demoralized on here for leaving.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

2trap_4ever wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:48 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:19 am who cares who is a transfer. we need to get over that. I'm ready to not live in the past and move on. and start a new era of ironton football. ------------------------------ THIS JUST IN, THERE IS OPEN ENROLLMENT. kids transfer for various reasons. and I couldn't give a big rats butt about it. they may better or worsen their situation. in my opinion, this enrollment situation happened initially as a way for public schools to compete with private schools about building more powerful teams. at least it's above board. I did it with my own kids. they transferred from rock hill to ironton for various reasons. the main being I was 16 miles from rock hill schools one way. and 8 from ironton one way. I had 2 sons, 1 bi-racial. I wanted them to be able to experience the culture at ironton, as well as play for coach lutz as I had. as well as the thousands of others they coached. I lived in the rock hill district for 32 years. and loved both schools, and still do. but having 2 kids in sports, 2 different grades, it mainly boiled down to travel for me in the end. and I'd do the same thing again. people transfer for various reasons and I could care less. look at burg now, they have kids coming in out of the woodwork, and will be changing divisions soon going up one, because of it. but they are exceptional in their schooling, they produce by winning championships in ALL sports. so it is only natural people will migrate there. I have a sneakin sensation in my lower unit that if Pendleton takes this job. and I pray he does. that you'll see some young'uns coming back to tiger town. I think this is a very smart hire, a no brainer. and just the poke in the arm that ironton needs to start another dynasty. this kid will be a worker. so let's all sweep the open enrollment under the rug, it essentially is not an issue. it's legal. and who cares. hopefully ironton football will get back on solid ground. scholarships start happening again. league championships start back up, as well as playoff wins. but it ain't gonna happen overnight likely. but then again who knows. you've heared me say it before, and i'll say it again. IT'S LIKE EATIN AN ELEPHANT , ONE BITE AT A TIME. so be patient ya;ll. and I agree as far as the lafon situation. if he is in fact the main reason we have a problem in hiring/firing. and is not producing his days will be numbered as well. I like the guy myself. he was great to my kids when they were there. and I always thought he was a standup guy. but to be honest, I knew nothing about him other than school functions for 4 years. and he was very instrumental in getting my eldest bait through school. I wish the whole district nothing but well wishes.
Ole bait you are missing g the point on the transfers. All those boys that have transferred into Ironton, were they weak minded and there parents not raising them right? You can't have it both ways. It makes the Tiger faithful look like hypocrites when one set of boys are praised for coming to Ironton but another set is demoralized on here for leaving.
I’m guessing it only applies to the kids leaving😄

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

trap -- nowhere in my post have I indicated anything about anyone being weak, dumb, coersed, er any other thing. my post was about open enrollment period. and it's been around a long time. ================================== it's other posters who are talking about that, not me. that's like getting invited to my mother in law's fer Christmas dinner. ole bait don't wanna or has no intentions of goin there. if someone sees me as a hypocrite, I been called a lot worse. I have not said one thing derogatory about transferring. and don't intend to. you can take that to the bank. I'm just ready to see fighting tiger football moving in a positive direction. and 1st and foremost the staff, players executing good sound fundamental football at every position, coaches putting players where they need to be, whomever their parents are. and bringing hard work to the program. as forrest gump said. THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT. it really is this simple. put the right people in the right places and people will quickly jump on board and forget about leaner years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you think this topic is long now. I anticipate 79 pages by week one against the burg. and that may be conservative. so stay tuned. it's about to be on like donkey kong. hide the faint hearted, and the ones with personal agendas. it has hit the fan.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am
I GUESS YOU'D BE WRONG OLE BUDDY.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:21 pm
fbnut wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am

I GUESS YOU'D BE WRONG OLE BUDDY.
Must have missed the posts talking about the kids and parents that moved in👍

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THAT FRIEND. FOLLER THE BOUNCIN' RED BALL. I DON'T CARE.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:52 pm I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THAT FRIEND. FOLLER THE BOUNCIN' RED BALL. I DON'T CARE.
Gotcha
Thanks

Return to “Football”