Maryland to introduce bill to ban tackle football under age 14

enigmaax
All State

Re: Maryland to introduce bill to ban tackle football under age 14

Post by enigmaax »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:48 pm I think one thing nobody has mentioned on this thread is this proposal and the other two from New York and Illinois is for banning School sanctioned tackle football for U14. This in my opinion would actually make this sport less safe by giving rise to leagues/teams that anybody could start. Even if those bans and mean million to one IF those bans were to pass, then I could go and start my own “travel” team that plays other “travel” teams. I would not be bound by the same rules or regulations that our school or a school’s sanctioning body have in place to keep the players as safe as they can. The only oversight would maybe be from the parents of my players. But if we were winning then that takes care of a lot in some parents eyes. Bottom line...taking it out of the schools would be a mistake.

Just as a side note wagner97, my son doesn’t play football. He is a soccer player. He tried football but like soccer better. Not trying to live my life through his. If he wanted to quit soccer tomorrow, I would let him.
Really great points about rogue leagues forming.

Obviously not all parents are the “bad” parents. The problem is that there are enough of those generalized types that people are starting to think it is necessary to step in and regulate the whole thing. It is difficult even when you think you are trying to do what’s best for the kid.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:07 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 pm
At what age did your 15 year old start playing tackle football and rugby?
They had tackle football for 6 year olds when he was that age. He played 2 years and then we pulled him until Junior High. He is a freshman now and has played rugby since we moved overseas last June. He plays 17U with his school and plays tournament and rec rugby with older kids and adults.
I agree 6yr old tackle football is too young. The school where my kids attend start with flag football in 3rd/4th grade then tackle starts 5th/6th grade. Fundamentals seem to be stressed over hitting.

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

Yes i cant wait i love this idea kids will be so much smarter their brains will develop more!!!!!!! #dothisforeverystate

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 pm
At what age did your 15 year old start playing tackle football and rugby?
They had tackle football for 6 year olds when he was that age. He played 2 years and then we pulled him until Junior High. He is a freshman now and has played rugby since we moved overseas last June. He plays 17U with his school and plays tournament and rec rugby with older kids and adults.
I agree 6yr old tackle football is too young. The school where my kids attend start with flag football in 3rd/4th grade then tackle starts 5th/6th grade. Fundamentals seem to be stressed over hitting.
I have a 21 year old son never let him play football not even basketball just let him play video games and his brain is so smart i love him.

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
KaneBrown
Waterboy

Post by KaneBrown »

farmer8 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:14 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 pm
I have a 21 year old son never let him play football not even basketball just let him play video games and his brain is so smart i love him.
This whole contact sport idea kinda bothered me. We're supposed to raise our kids to help the world become a better place. Thats why I dont let my son play anything violent. No call of duty, only football and basketball video games for my boy. That way he can still get the sport experience. Raise your kids right people.

Ol' Bud
Waterboy

Post by Ol' Bud »

Always believed in keeping the kids safe, no matter what. It was always my number one priority above anything else in my life: DO NOT LET YOUR KID PLAY TACKLE FOOTBALL. It is unsafe and highly dangerous to allow your child to participate in any form of a contact sport. I encourage my 4 sons to stay inside and keep themselves busy with video games, board games, and television. My youngest son is a bit of a rebel and he convinced me to allow him to participate in golf. And believe me, I nearly have a heart attack every time he is out on that course. I cannot stand the thought of him being out there on his own. So, from a concerned parent, do not allow your child to be involved in this dangerous sport.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Ol' Bud wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:24 am Always believed in keeping the kids safe, no matter what. It was always my number one priority above anything else in my life: DO NOT LET YOUR KID PLAY TACKLE FOOTBALL. It is unsafe and highly dangerous to allow your child to participate in any form of a contact sport. I encourage my 4 sons to stay inside and keep themselves busy with video games, board games, and television. My youngest son is a bit of a rebel and he convinced me to allow him to participate in golf. And believe me, I nearly have a heart attack every time he is out on that course. I cannot stand the thought of him being out there on his own. So, from a concerned parent, do not allow your child to be involved in this dangerous sport.
Nice try Ol’bud. Give away was 3 kids. You can’t have more than 1 child of all you care about is keeping them safe. Every parent knows that 1 is good, 2 is ok but number 3 child is always in peril.

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

rxburgfan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Ol' Bud wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:24 am Always believed in keeping the kids safe, no matter what. It was always my number one priority above anything else in my life: DO NOT LET YOUR KID PLAY TACKLE FOOTBALL. It is unsafe and highly dangerous to allow your child to participate in any form of a contact sport. I encourage my 4 sons to stay inside and keep themselves busy with video games, board games, and television. My youngest son is a bit of a rebel and he convinced me to allow him to participate in golf. And believe me, I nearly have a heart attack every time he is out on that course. I cannot stand the thought of him being out there on his own. So, from a concerned parent, do not allow your child to be involved in this dangerous sport.
Nice try Ol’bud. Give away was 3 kids. You can’t have more than 1 child of all you care about is keeping them safe. Every parent knows that 1 is good, 2 is ok but number 3 child is always in peril.
making fun of someone elses kid wow nice job man.

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????

Return to “Football”