2018 OVC Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 OVC Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by CGFAN#1 »

Coal Grove quietly going about their business but will be prepared to make some noise. By far the smallest school in the OVC but through the heart of the kids we always get solid results. Go Big Grove!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Grove is my second favorite team, good luck every week except one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think the grovers are the only school enrollment size smaller than ironton now, ain't they. yes the black attack ran roughshod through the ovc last year.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:14 am I think the grovers are the only school enrollment size smaller than ironton now, ain't they. yes the black attack ran roughshod through the ovc last year.
That's correct. CG is only a few competitive balance numbers from being division 7 yet they continue to compete at the top of the conference every year. Always proud to be a Hornet! Go Big Grive!

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:14 am I think the grovers are the only school enrollment size smaller than ironton now, ain't they. yes the black attack ran roughshod through the ovc last year.
That's correct. CG is only a few competitive balance numbers from being division 7 yet they continue to compete at the top of the conference every year. Always proud to be a Hornet! Go Big Grove!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

CGFAN#1 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:42 pm Coal Grove quietly going about their business but will be prepared to make some noise. By far the smallest school in the OVC but through the heart of the kids we always get solid results. Go Big Grove!

Quiet, no noise and no headlines on this site, just the way I (and every other Grover) likes it, and the way you build a winner. Coach Ferg has the boys focused on week one. One week at a time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm very proud of his turnaround in his 1st year at the land of grovers. as well as his 1st gig as a head coach. I hope the entire ovc across the board is strong, and relevant this year. and south point has a new coach as well, that was very successful at east.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

OVC Previews at Coal Grove high school
August 11th
5 pm - Rock Hill vs Chesapeake
6pm - South Point vs Portsmouth
7pm- Ironton vs Gallia
8pm- Fairland vs Coal Grove

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I’m hearing Rock Hills numbers are going to be down, not a lot coming out to play this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's a shame. but it is to be expected in my opinion, because of the no nonsense efforts of hammer and his staff. you build it , they will come. the ones playing won't be able to stand it, and have to be a part of it. he will build a winner, he's a lutz.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and he will be great for the mentality and growth of these young men

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

What about south Point and Portsmouth this year. doesn’t both have new coach’s also.

Return to “Football”