2018 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Football Outlook

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Memorial field

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Gallia Academy has three options as I see it. Option 1 is to clean up the field and stadium and keep doing that when the stadium floods. Option 2 raise the money to move the field to the high school. Option 3 would be to pay rent for the use of River Valley or South Gallia's field on Saturday. I would say Option 1 is the best one for now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

one Oak wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 am "I would like to ask this question again, because I did not see a response to it. this would be very concerning if sewage in fact could get on the field."

I can't address Memorial Field specifically, but there is always the potential for sewage contamination in flood waters. Manholes can overflow, municipal wastewater plants and individual sewage treatment systems can be flooded resulting in sewage and bacteria in the flood water. Hazardous materials from underground tanks, propane tanks that get swept away, etc. can also be present.
thank you one oak.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

State money cannot be used for football stadiums. NY did fundraising for 100% of the cost of its athletic facility upgrades.

The only options are fundraising or a local tax levy, either way, it has to be 100% locally funded.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:20 am Logan and Warren both got 70% funded. Athens is getting 22%. I’m sure Jackson was over 50%. You will spin it and say your tax levy paid for the stadium even though over 20 million was probably from the state
Logan passed two COMPLETELY SEPERATE bond issues - I should know since I was a student representative on the campaign committee that got them passed.

One bond issue provided the other 25ish percent for the new high school (and new elementary schools and MS addition). This number did not include funding for the "varsity" gymnasium, football field, baseball fields, etc. (I think the theater as well, but don't remember that exact detail).

The second bond issue was passed COMPLETELY to fund the athletic and other extracurricular activities. This included Jim Myers Gymnasium, Logan Chieftain Stadium, the baseball and softball fields, and the tennis courts (and I'm sure other things I'm forgetting about).

Over the course of the time between the levy passing and the Stadium being built there were even additional private funds raised (like the personalized bricks installed by the entrance)- as state money COULD NOT be used.

Heck, even things like the football lockers and the track and field equipment were raised/donated privately around and after the opening of the facilities.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider proven wrong again.. Don't know why you keep doing this. Heck at one time I think you said Athens country paid a certain amount for LHS to be built.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:01 pm Raider proven wrong again.. Don't know why you keep doing this. Heck at one time I think you said Athens country paid a certain amount for LHS to be built.
He did. Athens county fit most of the bill. :lol:

NoPain23
Freshman Team

2018 Gallia Academy Blue Devils Football Outlook

Post by NoPain23 »

What are your thoughts?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy Football 2018 thoughts

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I look for The Blue Devils to improve on last year's 5-5 record.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

What are you smokin 8-2 !

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

8-2 would be terrific!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

This is very early on as we have to see how the pieces dwell together. This team has to get better on defense and the biggest problem with that is size. In probably 8 out of 10 games this team will still be undersized and will still have to run blitz and put 8 or more in box to stop most running games.

I think though we will have 3 defensive backs this year that we will be ok leaving on a island.

The big difference on how good this team may be is in how well they are able to get more offensive players the ball and embrace the passing game more. This team did a great job from no running game 2 years ago to a pretty dominant one last year. But they seemed to not be able to capitalize on it by developing a play action passing game. This team will be improved but i have no idea what record will be. I can see anywhere between 4-6 and 9-1. I would lead more toward the top end of that record. But we will know more as summer goes on.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

svac83 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:03 am This is very early on as we have to see how the pieces dwell together. This team has to get better on defense and the biggest problem with that is size. In probably 8 out of 10 games this team will still be undersized and will still have to run blitz and put 8 or more in box to stop most running games.

I think though we will have 3 defensive backs this year that we will be ok leaving on a island.

The big difference on how good this team may be is in how well they are able to get more offensive players the ball and embrace the passing game more. This team did a great job from no running game 2 years ago to a pretty dominant one last year. But they seemed to not be able to capitalize on it by developing a play action passing game. This team will be improved but i have no idea what record will be. I can see anywhere between 4-6 and 9-1. I would lead more toward the top end of that record. But we will know more as summer goes on.
The power spread if run right is the great equalizer for size disadvantage. I also believe that McClelland will be a much better passer. If you watched game one and saw how much he improved throughout the season throwing the ball last year, it was incredible! I like this team to do very well with a lot more experience than they had to start out last season. Much too early to tell, but I like the Devils to certainly finish above that 5-5 from last year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I agree the offense did much better because of the offense that does not fix the defensive size problem. On offense i was ok with the general passing game. My problem is when you running the ball that much and you can see you are suckng more giys into the box. Then to really not gave a play action passing game to me was a big miss. They realize it was also i know that will be a hge emphesis when this team starts putting the offense this season. Almost 50% of the passes thrown from a empty set and like another 40% thrown without even a run fake.

I just think if you get the play action part going you will be much more eefective in total offense.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Buddy Moore always said who ever left it all on the field ! Who kick a $$ ! All these stats ? BS ! Heart and who all buys in player wise ! GA has a good Coach that knows the game !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:42 pm Buddy Moore always said who ever left it all on the field ! Who kick a $$ ! All these stats ? BS ! Heart and who all buys in player wise ! GA has a good Coach that knows the game !
I agree so when that coach tells you to be as good as we think we can be. We have to be able to play action pass. And play more straight up on defense that he is probably correct.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The rules has Change so much ! I was a little out of line ! Back then kick you in the a $$ style ! Hard nose ! But GA has a fine Coach ! They will do very well !

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

svac83 ! Let me give you a laugh that 1970 ! Had boxing matches ! Players vs Coach ! LoL true close door from killing us on the practice field we all walked off ! 40's out the a $$ and we won ! No cake back then .

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:29 pm svac83 ! Let me give you a laugh that 1970 ! Had boxing matches ! Players vs Coach ! LoL true close door from killing us on the practice field we all walked off ! 40's out the a $$ and we won ! No cake back then .
Things has changed a lot. I didnt play until the 80’s and things were easier there then in 70’s. But i remember being a freshman at kyger creek and during 2 a days i had a bad day and the team had a bad practice. I think the team ran 15 hills that day. Then i had to run 10 for being late for practice. 5 for having a side conversation and missed a play. I dropped 2 passes so that was another 10 hills. So after a double practice i ran over 40 hills up to the locker room from tge field i say over 40 because i remember some didnt counr because the coach says i did not sprint. Needless to say i had entire different attitude and attention span starting the next day.

So i took no offense by your comments abd you did maje chuckle...

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The Game has change ! A lot !

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Is an OVC title in the cards this year for the Blue Devils?

Return to “Football”