2018 McClain Tiger Football Outlook

SEOPS
Freshman Backup

2018 McClain Tiger Football Outlook

Post by SEOPS » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 pm

What does the Tigers have coming back for 2018? Please post projected roster schedule, and outlook and keep this thread going throughout the football season.

goblue1395
Bench

Re: Greenfield McClain Opening?

Post by goblue1395 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:44 am

I've heard a couple names. I've heard that WCH graduate Scott Coe is a potential candidate. He was in charge of the Jr. High program at WCH for a few years and had some success. He could bring some fire and intensity to a McClain program that needs it in the worst way.

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:24 pm

goblue1395 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:44 am
I've heard a couple names. I've heard that WCH graduate Scott Coe is a potential candidate. He was in charge of the Jr. High program at WCH for a few years and had some success. He could bring some fire and intensity to a McClain program that needs it in the worst way.
I heard about some young assistants in the area. They need to get out of that conference to be competitive

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:17 am

Names I am hearing is DC Or-Zotty and Assistant Head Coach at Miami Trace Alan Preston

Rolltanks
JV Backup

Post by Rolltanks » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Alan Preston is he former Huntington coach. Nice guy but after coaching those years at Huntington I can’t see him going to greenfield unless he just wants to be a hc. Things are a mess there and i believe he is a trace alumni if that matters.

MTSWNGRVSG
2nd Team All State

Post by MTSWNGRVSG » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:00 pm

I maybe wrong but Greenfield might be a very hard job in FAC?

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:10 am

Very hard job to take on and it will be real hard to get an experienced head coach to apply. I think Or-Zotty is the front runner. I am hearing that Preston does want to be HC again. He also lives 8 miles from Greenfield and his Wife is the HR Manager at Johnson Control in Greenfield.

MTSWNGRVSG
2nd Team All State

Post by MTSWNGRVSG » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:03 pm

If Preston took the job he would not be the first assistant from Trace to do so, Dick Hill 1978

wch125
Varsity Backup

Post by wch125 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:22 am

Hope Orr Zody gets it ! Mcclain Alum coaches multiple sports their gets around to see athletes very knowledgable coach! Played at Mount Union was a heck of a player for mcclain.

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 am

Rumor has it that interviews start this week. Good luck to all potential candidates

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Any names that are going to be interviewed?

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Any names that are going to be interviewed?

EasternDspy
SEOP HOF

Post by EasternDspy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm

Give it to Jake Orr-Zody

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:33 am

2nd round of interviews this week. Any front runners?

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:40 pm

I would assume Orr-Zody would be the favorite but there is a surprise finalist or two as well.

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:21 am

I heard Orr-Zody and Preston are the finalist. Anyone hearing that?

Shane Falco
Bench

Post by Shane Falco » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:57 am

I heard the same thing but not sure if that is correct or not.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Starter

Post by Sid Farkus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:03 pm

What about Shane Wellman?

domain master
Bench

Post by domain master » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:51 am

first thing McClain needs to do to get their football(and most sports) turned around is to join a new league or their old one (SBC). McClain is in over their heads, and I don't see this changing anytime soon.

EasternDspy
SEOP HOF

Post by EasternDspy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:04 pm

domain master wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:51 am
first thing McClain needs to do to get their football(and most sports) turned around is to join a new league or their old one (SBC). McClain is in over their heads, and I don't see this changing anytime soon.
Not many Dante Jackson , Jarod Ralph , Corey Rose, Orr Zody , Ungers and Deckers coming up

goblue1395
Bench

Post by goblue1395 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:36 am

Anyone have the latest on this situation?

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:51 am

I did hear that Preston withdrew his name after the 2nd interview.

theblessedone33
Waterboy

Post by theblessedone33 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 am

Anybody know who got the job?

BallDontLie
Freshman Backup

Post by BallDontLie » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:48 pm

I know this is a football forum but McClain’s BOE tonight decided to not renew their basketball coach’s contract. This school is struggling in more ways than one to have a winning atmosphere amongst football and basketball. Whoever gets the gig will struggle to create a winning culture in their league and in their region in terms of postseason. I don’t know if coaches in both sports are struggling to motivate to kids or if there’s just not much talent in the school but good luck to whoever gets this gig.

domain master
Bench

Post by domain master » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:13 am

New football and new basketball coach for next year. So much for stability. Cant have a circus if you don't have the animals. McClain does not have the animals. Its time to find a new league where they can have some success, rebuild their programs and win a few games. Its time to make the
move.

Orange and Brown
SEOP HOF

Post by Orange and Brown » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:37 am

domain master wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:13 am
New football and new basketball coach for next year. So much for stability. Cant have a circus if you don't have the animals. McClain does not have the animals. Its time to find a new league where they can have some success, rebuild their programs and win a few games. Its time to make the
move.
One year in the FAC and you want them to cut and run?
They won't get many if any invites with that kind of track record.
Nelsonville-York,
Where tradition and excellence become one!
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

BallDontLie
Freshman Backup

Post by BallDontLie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:58 am

Orange and Brown wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:37 am
domain master wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:13 am
move.
One year in the FAC and you want them to cut and run?
They won't get many if any invites with that kind of track record.
I agree, it won’t look good moving leagues again. McClain doesn’t have many options either. I think the SBAAC wouldn’t be an ideal move for them because I think they might be too big enrollment wise so they’d have to play massie, Wilmington-schools they wanted to avoid (hints the move to the FAC) as well as New Richmond, Goshen and I think Batavia. The SVC might be closer, I know McClain is awfully close to Adena, but even then idk how well they compete. They are just in a bad spot period and if they were to move, they lose their annual rivalry with Hillsboro being the last game of the year which I think is the only game the kids look forward to.

domain master
Bench

Post by domain master » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Its not cut and run. That is when one of the big schools in a league leave because they cant hang banners, to a small league when they can win (Athens). When a team leaves a league because they are far and away the smallest and cant compete with leagues teams for titles, its called reality. And as far as it "looks", who really cares. I think it would be more important to make a decision based upon your student athletes than how it looks. Their old league (SBAAC would take them back anytime. They have a big school small school divisions. Massie and Wilmington are in the big, where McClain would be in the small with East Clinton (ten miles from Sabina to Greenfield), Blanchester, Williamsburg, Bethel-Tate, CNE. With Hillsboro being in a six team league, there would be plenty of chances for McClain Hillsboro game.

Orange and Brown
SEOP HOF

Post by Orange and Brown » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:08 pm

domain master wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:14 pm
Its not cut and run. That is when one of the big schools in a league leave because they cant hang banners, to a small league when they can win (Athens). When a team leaves a league because they are far and away the smallest and cant compete with leagues teams for titles, its called reality. And as far as it "looks", who really cares. I think it would be more important to make a decision based upon your student athletes than how it looks. Their old league (SBAAC would take them back anytime. They have a big school small school divisions. Massie and Wilmington are in the big, where McClain would be in the small with East Clinton (ten miles from Sabina to Greenfield), Blanchester, Williamsburg, Bethel-Tate, CNE. With Hillsboro being in a six team league, there would be plenty of chances for McClain Hillsboro game.
Greenfield left one league because they couldn't compete. Then after 1, that's right 1 season you want them to cut and run from a brand new league lol
It's gonna take a lot more than a new league to turn that program around.
They need to start from the inside and rebuild the program.
Nelsonville-York,
Where tradition and excellence become one!
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

wch125
Varsity Backup

Post by wch125 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:13 pm

McClain has built a winning culture in Track and Wresting competing for league titles in both. Wrestling being just recently the Coach has built up numbers and filled an entire line up. This year they were 2nd to Miami Trace who usually wins the wrestling title. Track has always been successful. You have to have the right fit for a program.

If McClain leaves for the SBAAC what natural rivalries and how would that possibly help them compete ? Those schools are usually very good in Basketball and also solid in football. The Mcclain community has to be realistic its probably a 5-6 rebuild for the program to be successful.

domain master
Bench

Post by domain master » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:12 pm

I agree with wrestling, good solid program. Track not so much. Have watched them quite a bit over the last few years. They cant beat Chilly, WCH or Hillsboro this year and I haven't seen Jackson or MT yet, but would think both would be solid. But as you know, wrestling does not pay the bills (football and basketball). Natural rivalries would be East Clinton, who is in their back yard (10 miles to Sabina) Blanchester, CM, Wilmington are all in Clinton County (McClain is 8 miles to Clinton Co. line), Fayetteville, CNE are all easy drives. Proximity and rivals would not be a problem, as they have been leagues mates with most all of these many years before as former members of the SBAAC and SCOL. With Hillsboro, MT, WCH being in a league with only 6 teams, plenty of opportunities to maintain those rivals also. Hard to schedule 5 non league games anyway. SBAAC is average at best in football as new member CM is the only beast, and is in the big school division. I would say basketball is also average as there are no real powerhouse teams. Wilmington had their run with Cumberland cousins but are nothing like that now or before. I also agree they are 5-6 years out. But it would be hard to turn around when most years you are going 0-5 in league, against good programs. If you could find 5 non league games to win (unlikely) 5-5 would be a good year, how much fun would that be. Easier to rebuild playing teams of your size and skill level where you can compete for league titles, which the SBAAC is. Hope they get a new coach who can win some games.

goblue1395
Bench

Post by goblue1395 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:17 am

Has Greenfield hired anyone yet?

Coachesforfree
Waterboy

Post by Coachesforfree » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:11 am

I heard a guy from Bath High School. Looks like Or-Zoddy was screwed again. Good luck to the guy coming in. I still wish Preston would have taken it when he had the chance but he said it wasn't a good fit. Maybe new blood can turn it around.

goblue1395
Bench

Post by goblue1395 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:25 am

Can anyone confirm this?

EasternDspy
SEOP HOF

Post by EasternDspy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Orr-Zody was the guy this will end badly.