93%
Caldwell
7%

Total votes: 14

redskinwitness
Varsity

Re: Caldwell @ Buckeye Trail week 1

Post by redskinwitness »

I think simply based on the entire team returning with another year of growth and experience, that Caldwell will be improved. I'm not sure how improved but with the schedule on arbiter live, if it's accurate they have a good chance to win several games. I don't see them beating Fort Frye or Shenandoah but the other games are all very winnable. Not sure if they'll compete for a playoff spot but I hope so. The last two seasons were tough.
As far as the Ivey boys conversation on here, I watched the two older ones as they were in hs with my son. I think Dalton and David were both tremendous players. From the few games I've watched the last few seasons the younger one is nowhere near the older ones.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Re: WK1 Caldwell @ Buckeye Trail

Post by wagner97 »

Had a nice pleasant supper at Lori's tonight (for those of you who haven't been - stop by - nice place) and talked to a buddy of mine that I graduated with whose boy plays. He said this is "Caldwell's Year" and hopes are very high. Said Trail lost everyone and first week win is one they are counting on.

RespectAllFearNone
Freshman Team

Post by RespectAllFearNone »

Wouldn’t say this is Caldwell’s year. No one in the PVC is going to touch Fort. Caldwell doesn’t have much to offer. Low numbers and not many athletes. Kerns is a solid coach & his team has been putting in the work above and beyond.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kern does give Trail somewhat of an advantage in the coaching aspect.

Raider
Waterboy

Post by Raider »

Can't wait for high school football, great time of year!

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Coach Gaydos is a fine coach also. He coached college football before as well as a key assistant coach when Caldwell made some runs in the past.

I know the Redskins are looking to be more diverse than in recent years. Not sure how they are going about it but I expect a balanced attack.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Does anyone know how these teams done against each other in the past, previously in high school, junior high or even biddy league?

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

What offense and defense is the Warriors running?

CHS_skins
Waterboy

Post by CHS_skins »

Cattywampus wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:32 am Coach Gaydos is a fine coach also. He coached college football before as well as a key assistant coach when Caldwell made some runs in the past.

I know the Redskins are looking to be more diverse than in recent years. Not sure how they are going about it but I expect a balanced attack.
He was the jr high coach when Caldwell made their runs, and assisted on Friday nights in some fashion. Couple years in a row of zero wins, zero touchdowns in jr high.
The key assistant for the success Caldwell had those couple of years was ran off by the current staff and is now the Head Coach at Belpre. I do hope Caldwell is strong this year, just have doubts with the current staff.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

(7-13) Record for Gaydos he has a ton to prove. A ton of Caldwell people didn’t want him hired in the first place.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Gaydos is fine. I see the teams have struggled and you guys gave Kerns the coaching advantage and rightfully so according to records but I don't think we should right Gaydos off just like that.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

A Buckeye Trail player who played last year told me this morning that they return the quarterback and Weaver at reciever. They lost their line and running backs. On defense they lost some but not as much as offense.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

After talking to a big trail fan last night, I think this could be a very good game.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Licking County fan, enlighten us?!?!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Was told with them being so young, that they have a high possibility of struggling early.

Cattywampus
Freshman Team

Post by Cattywampus »

Get them early!

Twogirls
Waterboy

Post by Twogirls »

I would say the Warriors will start 6 seniors on defense and 5 juniors. I believe every kid on defense has started before. Bridgeman will be a 3 year starter at DL, Berry will be a two year starter at DL, Rominger will be a 2 year starter at DL, Herman will be a two year starter at DL, Parry will be a two year starter at LB, Rominger will be a two year starter at LB, Hickman will be a two year starter at OLB, Hughes or Masters will be a first year starter, King will be a three year starter at DB, Grafton will be a three year starter at DB and Mcgilton will be a two year starter at DB.

On offense I would say they will start 6 seniors, 3 juniors and 2 sophomores.

I don't know that Trail is young, I think they lack experience at playmaker with Stillion and Snodgrass gone. 16 juniors and seniors pave the way with 20 returning letterman. They lost 6 seniors.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

From what ive heard, Trail hired a new DC who is bringing a lot of energy and excitement to that side of the ball, something sorely needed. Looked at their preview from last year. Weaver was/is an offensive lineman. Not sure about that? We shall see i guess! Two ex pvc rivals back at it!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Early July 21st prediction

Skins 13
Trail 28

RespectAllFearNone
Freshman Team

Post by RespectAllFearNone »

Cattywampus wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:32 am Coach Gaydos is a fine coach also. He coached college football before as well as a key assistant coach when Caldwell made some runs in the past.

Gaydos Couldn’t win games at the JR high level and definitely not at the high school level. Was not an assistant when Caldwell was in the playoffs either, your information is a little off. Kerns has the edge in the coaching side of things.

Return to “Football”