2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

countywide35
SEOP

Re: 2018 FAC SCHEDULES

Post by countywide35 »

good first year of the FAC......all the way down to week 10 to determine the champ....makes for an exciting time for young kids at this point of their life's and expect the FAC will continue to offer those types of opportunities for years to come.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
goblue1395
Freshman Team

Re: FAC League, How long will it stay together??

Post by goblue1395 »

This basketball season, with the exception of Chillicothe will be extremely competitive. Its gonna be a dogfight for 2nd place in the FAC between Jackson, MT, WCH, and Hillsboro. Chillicothe loses 6-7 seniors after this year as well, so next season should be even more competitive. I personally am excited for this league. The 2018 football season will be very interesting with Chilli and Jackson borh losing their top player overall and some other key seniors, while Hillsboro and WCH both return their best players.

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Re: FAC League, How long will it stay together??

Post by comebacker »

it will last forever. the never ending league

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
jgrlzz
Freshman Team

Post by jgrlzz »

Missing two games from the conference. Chillicothe-week 2---August 31. Washington-week 3--September 7.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

Week 3
London @ Washington Court House -

Week 4
Linden McKinley @ Washington Court House -- http://oh.8to18.com/washingtoncity/sche ... /2018-2019

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

FAC Expansion?

Post by Ironman92 »

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: FAC Expansion?

Post by Omega »

The FAC is just fine as is. They need a few seasons under their belts to establish administration, competition, and rivalry within the new conference before looking to expand.

Now awaiting the Logan posters.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Logan would be perfect

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 pm Logan would be perfect
I make the drive to Greenfield once a week. Logan would not be perfect for the FAC.
Other than Jackson and Chillicothe. No other school would want the drive to Logan.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:58 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 pm Logan would be perfect
I make the drive to Greenfield once a week. Logan would not be perfect for the FAC.
Other than Jackson and Chillicothe. No other school would want the drive to Logan.
Logan to Greenfield is about an hour and a half on a good day. Now imagine those trips on a Thursday during basketball season with crappy weather.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Circleville and Logan elm

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan doesn't want in.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Think this will be little tougher task honestly, I mean you're talking a 6 team league that already stretches 4 counties. Circleville would be one of my first thoughts and not that they'd leave the SVC but their location and school size Unioto would be another that would fit within the parameters of what they are looking for. I'm afraid though that from an outside perspective you look at a league that has Jackson and Chillicothe in it and when it comes to football your going to find yourself always looking at playing for 3rd place.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

At one point in time Miami Trace would of dominated this league in football along with Washington Court House but that was awhile ago. A school that fits into this league will be tough. Right now Chillicothe is the 800 pound gorilla like Athens is in the TVC Ohio.

JacksonMayor
Waterboy

Post by JacksonMayor »

I think we should take the high road on this idea. Let's invite Vinton County, unioto, logan, logan elm, circleville, and warren. Then let's make two divisors aligned g eographically. We could h a ndle expansion the way the tvc should have except for their bullcrap politics.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm.
But its never going to happen.
Two divisions geographically is the only way i see expansion working

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:41 pm Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm.
But its never going to happen.
Two divisions geographically is the only way i see expansion working
Yeah I have to agree doing 2 divisions and maybe jumping to 10 teams 5 per division could be a good way to go with the drives these schools have. Leagues have tendencies not to want to do that though, look at the SVC and playing a 7 game league schedule add 2 teams and split into 2 divisions already. If teams want to schedule cross division games as a non-league game then go for it makes it easier to schedule for those weeks but if they don't they don't. Jackson is borderline division 3/4 from what I'm hearing and Chillicothe being division 2 and with the number of kids I just don't see them pulling in teams very local. Love the idea of getting few more teams and splitting into divisions based on location. Then again part of me wonders if schools did that why not just start their own league and not worry about the Chillicothe and Jackson football monster.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Circleville and Logan Elm would be perfect

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think distance would be the number one issue for some schools. Regarding Chillicothe and Jackson dominating football, that is true, but you have that in every league. Every league has 2-3 schools that are usually the only schools that win the league in football except for a rare year when another team may win it.

TVC OHIO - Nelsonville-York or Athens
TVC HOCKING - Trimble, Waterford or Wahama
SOC II - Wheelersburg or West

Etc, etc, etc. It's a rare year when one of those teams doesn't win their league in football.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:59 pm I think distance would be the number one issue for some schools. Regarding Chillicothe and Jackson dominating football, that is true, but you have that in every league. Every league has 2-3 schools that are usually the only schools that win the league in football except for a rare year when another team may win it.

TVC OHIO - Nelsonville-York or Athens
TVC HOCKING - Trimble, Waterford or Wahama
SOC II - Wheelersburg or West

Etc, etc, etc. It's a rare year when one of those teams doesn't win their league in football.
Difference is those are existing leagues that you are talking about, the discussion is expansion and teams who may fit. If you are in maybe not a higher profile league but one in which you compete year in and year out and have a chance to win on any given year, do you opt to leave that league and go into one where you know on most years you're looking at placing 3rd and for me the answer is yes that is something an AD would look at. Distance and how they would line things up obviously is #1 but sorry being competitive in a league year in and year out is going to outweigh going into a league where you're looking at 2 losses in most years each year before the season even starts.

Return to “Football”