Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm.
But its never going to happen.
Two divisions geographically is the only way i see expansion working

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: FAC Expansion?

Post by greygoose »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:41 pm Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm.
But its never going to happen.
Two divisions geographically is the only way i see expansion working
Yeah I have to agree doing 2 divisions and maybe jumping to 10 teams 5 per division could be a good way to go with the drives these schools have. Leagues have tendencies not to want to do that though, look at the SVC and playing a 7 game league schedule add 2 teams and split into 2 divisions already. If teams want to schedule cross division games as a non-league game then go for it makes it easier to schedule for those weeks but if they don't they don't. Jackson is borderline division 3/4 from what I'm hearing and Chillicothe being division 2 and with the number of kids I just don't see them pulling in teams very local. Love the idea of getting few more teams and splitting into divisions based on location. Then again part of me wonders if schools did that why not just start their own league and not worry about the Chillicothe and Jackson football monster.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Circleville and Logan Elm would be perfect

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think distance would be the number one issue for some schools. Regarding Chillicothe and Jackson dominating football, that is true, but you have that in every league. Every league has 2-3 schools that are usually the only schools that win the league in football except for a rare year when another team may win it.

TVC OHIO - Nelsonville-York or Athens
TVC HOCKING - Trimble, Waterford or Wahama
SOC II - Wheelersburg or West

Etc, etc, etc. It's a rare year when one of those teams doesn't win their league in football.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:59 pm I think distance would be the number one issue for some schools. Regarding Chillicothe and Jackson dominating football, that is true, but you have that in every league. Every league has 2-3 schools that are usually the only schools that win the league in football except for a rare year when another team may win it.

TVC OHIO - Nelsonville-York or Athens
TVC HOCKING - Trimble, Waterford or Wahama
SOC II - Wheelersburg or West

Etc, etc, etc. It's a rare year when one of those teams doesn't win their league in football.
Difference is those are existing leagues that you are talking about, the discussion is expansion and teams who may fit. If you are in maybe not a higher profile league but one in which you compete year in and year out and have a chance to win on any given year, do you opt to leave that league and go into one where you know on most years you're looking at placing 3rd and for me the answer is yes that is something an AD would look at. Distance and how they would line things up obviously is #1 but sorry being competitive in a league year in and year out is going to outweigh going into a league where you're looking at 2 losses in most years each year before the season even starts.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

This is where Leagues get themselves into trouble. It's fine to expand but don't get greedy. If a Logan or even a Warren Local comes into play then another school that is already in will eventually drop out. If I am the FAC then I would look at only a few. Unioto, Zane Trace, Circleville, and even Waverly. Yes Waverly. Outside of this it becomes an issue on distance. As has been sung before, Don't go Chasing Waterfalls, Stick to the Rivers and the Streams (I prefer Creeks around here) that you are use too. LOL

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Unioto is an obvious school that would be a good fit for the FAC. Next I would say Circleville and Logan Elm. Circleville and Logan Elm I do not think will think of leaving the Mid State League until the new South Columbus League forms that will take Teays Valley and Hamilton Twp out of the Mid State League- at that point I believe Circleville and Logan Elm would jump at joining the FAC. Unioto needs to see long term that FAC is a good fit athletic wise for the school. I also think that it would help with Unioto wanting to upgrade their athletic facilities. Currently in the SVC Unioto has some of the better athletic facilities. In the FAC the athletic facilities at Unioto would be considered as just average.
Waverly has been batted around and think Waverly will be very competitive in the FAC however they seem to content with the SOC.
Looking 5 years in the future it would great to have Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm and Waverly in the FAC then their could be 2 Divisions: West being Hillsboro, Greenfield, Washington CH, Miami Trace and Unioto and East being Circleville, Logan Elm, Chillicothe, Jackson and Waverly.
Last edited by bsee12345 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If you like your teams high school football why would anyone want to join the FAC? Like someone said on here football in the FAC belongs to Chillicothe and Jackson and everyone else is playing for third.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ironmen92

Post by Ironmen92 »

What about Waverly?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:48 pm If you like your teams high school football why would anyone want to join the FAC? Like someone said on here football in the FAC belongs to Chillicothe and Jackson and everyone else is playing for third.
Is that why Logan doesn't want in?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ironmen92 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:59 pm What about Waverly?
The SVC would make a better home for the Tigers than either the FAC or SOC2. Travel time and costs in this day and age are still big factors in determining league affiliations..

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

bsee12345 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm Unioto is an obvious school that would be a good fit for the FAC. Next I would say Circleville and Logan Elm. Circleville and Logan Elm I do not think will think of leaving the Mid State League until the new South Columbus League forms that will take Teays Valley and Hamilton Twp out of the Mid State League- at that point I believe Circleville and Logan Elm would jump at joining the FAC. Unioto needs to see long term that FAC is a good fit athletic wise for the school. I also think that it would help with Unioto wanting to upgrade their athletic facilities. Currently in the SVC Unioto has some of the better athletic facilities. In the FAC the athletic facilities at Unioto would be considered as just average.
Waverly has been batted around and think Waverly will be very competitive in the FAC however they seem to content with the SOC.
Looking 5 years in the future it would great to have Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm and Waverly in the FAC then their could be 2 Divisions: East being Hillsboro, Greenfield, Washington CH, Miami Trace and Unioto and West being Circleville, Logan Elm, Chillicothe, Jackson and Waverly.
Hamilton Township is not leaving the MSL to go to the proposed new league. And Circleville and Logan Elm are not going to the FAC.

If Teays Valley leaves the MSL to join the new league, which I think will happen, the Buckeye will either add another school or stay at seven and have cross-division play with the Ohio Division.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

bsee12345 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm Unioto is an obvious school that would be a good fit for the FAC. Next I would say Circleville and Logan Elm. Circleville and Logan Elm I do not think will think of leaving the Mid State League until the new South Columbus League forms that will take Teays Valley and Hamilton Twp out of the Mid State League- at that point I believe Circleville and Logan Elm would jump at joining the FAC. Unioto needs to see long term that FAC is a good fit athletic wise for the school. I also think that it would help with Unioto wanting to upgrade their athletic facilities. Currently in the SVC Unioto has some of the better athletic facilities. In the FAC the athletic facilities at Unioto would be considered as just average.
Looking 5 years in the future it would great to have Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm and Waverly in the FAC then their could be 2 Divisions: East being Hillsboro, Greenfield, Washington CH, Miami Trace and Unioto and West being Circleville, Logan Elm, Chillicothe, Jackson and Waverly.
Why East schools in the West division and West schools in the East division?

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

1. Waverly wants out of the SOC and into the SVC, if they can’t compete being the largest school in the SOC II, why would they leave playing Burg and have to play Chilli and Jackson! Lol

2. Same for Unioto, unless the SVC boots them out, those wusses aren’t going anywhere! Most schools in the SVC struggle to get numbers for all sports, but struggle with golf, soccer, wrestling, track etc. Unioto dominates most sports, and it is only getting harder for a PV or Huntington to compete.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Very interesting to see and read all the possible scenarios and future of the FAC. The big thing I take away from this thread......these are the signs of stability for the league.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Waverly and Unioto make the most sense to me, but like others have said, doubtful either one wants to deal with playing Jackson and Chillicothe on a yearly basis in football (or Chillicothe twice/year in basketball).*

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

king kong wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 pm 1. Waverly wants out of the SOC and into the SVC, if they can’t compete being the largest school in the SOC II, why would they leave playing Burg and have to play Chilli and Jackson! Lol

2. Same for Unioto, unless the SVC boots them out, those wusses aren’t going anywhere! Most schools in the SVC struggle to get numbers for all sports, but struggle with golf, soccer, wrestling, track etc. Unioto dominates most sports, and it is only getting harder for a PV or Huntington to compete.
I have to agree with this. Unioto is too big of wusses to join a league that is filled with schools the same size as them.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Union is the same size as Zane trace westfall. All schools are d4. Unioto doesn’t have a community to pull kids from. The reason they are so close to d3 football is because of competitive balance. There are a lot of ppl that don’t want to go to Chillicothe. Do they go to Unioto. Sometimes the athletic teams have slot of open enrollment kids sometimes they don’t. It hurts us as much as it is fair depending on the year. Funny that we get bashed. I think a lot of svc teams would push for a big and little svc split. I don’t see us going to the fac unless we move to d3 football and stay there consistently. We still haven’t won the league in football since a tie in 98 so idk why ppl are bashing us. Even basketball has only recently dominated which will likely end after this year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Sid Farkus wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:06 pm
king kong wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 pm 1. Waverly wants out of the SOC and into the SVC, if they can’t compete being the largest school in the SOC II, why would they leave playing Burg and have to play Chilli and Jackson! Lol

I have to agree with this. Unioto is too big of wusses to join a league that is filled with schools the same size as them.
I’m guessing Unioto pounds your school every year

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Unioto leaves it should be the MSL. FAC wants DII teams. If they go after DIII teams it show they are afraid of DI.

Return to “Football”