2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: FAC Expansion?

Post by greygoose »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:08 am The FAC is a very FRAGILE league . Time will tell whether it can stay together. We are not living in the 50s and 60s where leagues were more stable . If some teams can not compete with others they will look for a better fit . Adding more schools if possible in the first five years might be a smart move .
Yeah maybe good for the league but being that FRAGILE why would teams jump in?? Just saying a team leaves a league they were established in for a new league where travel is an issue. Sorry just don't really see any teams jumping in until the league can prove it can hold together. As someone stated look at how many leagues Chillicothe has been in because of size, Jackson hasn't been able to stay in a league that held together for sometime now. Hillsboro, I can see leaving when the league with the adams county team starts up. McClain is a question mark because how long do they want to be a bottom feeder in that league??

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

bsee12345 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm Unioto is an obvious school that would be a good fit for the FAC. Next I would say Circleville and Logan Elm. Circleville and Logan Elm I do not think will think of leaving the Mid State League until the new South Columbus League forms that will take Teays Valley and Hamilton Twp out of the Mid State League- at that point I believe Circleville and Logan Elm would jump at joining the FAC. Unioto needs to see long term that FAC is a good fit athletic wise for the school. I also think that it would help with Unioto wanting to upgrade their athletic facilities. Currently in the SVC Unioto has some of the better athletic facilities. In the FAC the athletic facilities at Unioto would be considered as just average.
Waverly has been batted around and think Waverly will be very competitive in the FAC however they seem to content with the SOC.
Looking 5 years in the future it would great to have Unioto, Circleville, Logan Elm and Waverly in the FAC then their could be 2 Divisions: West being Hillsboro, Greenfield, Washington CH, Miami Trace and Unioto and East being Circleville, Logan Elm, Chillicothe, Jackson and Waverly.
Don't see what you're talking about with Unioto's athletic facilities. They have a decent football facility, their gym is equal to or worse than most in the SVC. Spring sports facilities are average also.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:19 pm Union is the same size as Zane trace westfall. All schools are d4. Unioto doesn’t have a community to pull kids from. The reason they are so close to d3 football is because of competitive balance. There are a lot of ppl that don’t want to go to Chillicothe. Do they go to Unioto. Sometimes the athletic teams have slot of open enrollment kids sometimes they don’t. It hurts us as much as it is fair depending on the year. Funny that we get bashed. I think a lot of svc teams would push for a big and little svc split. I don’t see us going to the fac unless we move to d3 football and stay there consistently. We still haven’t won the league in football since a tie in 98 so idk why ppl are bashing us. Even basketball has only recently dominated which will likely end after this year.
Unioto's overall size(K-12) is significantly larger than other SVC school. The gap between the number of high school students at UHS as opposed to other SVC schools is only going to widen as the elementary and Jr. High kids move into high school.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Outside perspective of maybe someone the FAC should be wooing would be a team I haven't yet seen mentioned, and that is Vinton County.

Does it really make a difference to them if they get beat by Athens every year or Chillicothe every year, and actually it seems they have gotten more competitive as of late in football almost knocking off NY so maybe at some point they even compete in the football. But basketball wise I think the FAC would be a better league maybe for Vinton County and that is there go to sport right now.

Then you could try and grab someone of the south end of the MSL, shoot for a Logan Elm and Circleville.

For the FAC to get Waverly and Unioto somehow it would need to group divisions where they are not playing Chilly and Jackson. If you could get as an example McClain, Hillsboro, Waverly and Unioto on one side in football and Chilly, Trace, WCH, VC and Jackson on the other side.

Maybe some of the SVC teams in a "small division" with McClain and then VC and LE in a "big division" with the other FAC.

I agree with one of the posters above, Hillsboro is likely not to last.

Of course none of this will ever happen because there is no reason for the SVC to do that and there is no reason for VC to leave the TVC.

But it is January and a Saturday so something to BS about.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Schools like Unioto and Athens should be in a larger league due to their size, but have been largely content to use their numbers advantage to dominate especially in the secondary sports. It's how Unioto has won the SVC banner for years.

Athens should have never left the SEOAL and Unioto should either be in the SCOL/now FAC or the MSL.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

bman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 pm Schools like Unioto and Athens should be in a larger league due to their size, but have been largely content to use their numbers advantage to dominate especially in the secondary sports. It's how Unioto has won the SVC banner for years.

Athens should have never left the SEOAL and Unioto should either be in the SCOL/now FAC or the MSL.
Don't disagree too much with that general assessment based on what I know. I have said for a couple years now when Jackson and Logan were looking for games there is no reason why they didn't play Athens every year.

For the FAC to make it based on what I think will happen with Hillsboro in a couple of years, is they (FAC) will have to try and grab the south MSL Buckeye teams (LE, Circleville, BC, FU) for a "big division" and then maybe let the smaller members of the current FAC grab a Waverly or a Unioto. That is only way I imagine that Unioto would move over to a little bit larger school league.

But there is no incentive whatsoever for any of that to happen.

The SEOAL was a good league, that is why it made it what 80 some years?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Vinton County is large in size but there location knocks them out of that ever happening one reason I never thought about them. Yes, the OLD SEOAL was around for quite sometime. That rebuild league that stretched half the state just wasn't going to hold true. FAC is a smaller version of that and I for one am not sold one how well it will hold together. Hillsboro I believe will be the 1st to drop and depending on how well they want to compete McClain wouldn't shock me to be next.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

bman wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 pm Schools like Unioto and Athens should be in a larger league due to their size, but have been largely content to use their numbers advantage to dominate especially in the secondary sports. It's how Unioto has won the SVC banner for years.

The TVC should NEVER have let Athens in . Unioto would never join the FAC . Now the MSL WOULD BE INTERESTING . Add the Sherman , ATHENS and Logan to MSL with the bigger schools already there and have Super League .

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

The TVC should NEVER have let Athens in . Unioto would never join the FAC . Now the MSL WOULD BE INTERESTING . Add the Sherman , ATHENS and Logan to MSL with the bigger schools already there and have Super League .

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Some of the schools in the league do have a history of changing leagues when one or two schools dominate. The original SCOL first went away because Miami Trace was dominate in football at the time. Then I question if the last time the SCOL went away was because Clinton Massie was dominate in football and Wilmington in basketball-just wondering if it could happen again.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens is in a dream world being in the TVC. Thing is their programs can stink at times. The TVC does have a few teams that can compete with team but they refuse to play all of them because they do not want to loss two to three games a year in their own conference. I wouldn't think the MSL would want them, being 30 plus mikes past Logan. If the TVC would vote them out they would be an independent for a lone time.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Since the FAC are only wanting to expand to 8, I think Circleville and Logan Elm make the most sense. They not only expand the geographical footprint of the conference, but create additional rivalries while not increasing travel too much. The longest trip in the league would still be Hillsboro-Jackson. Also, adding Circleville and Logan Elm may provide some news coverage into Columbus, or at least when one’s team plays either of the 2 schools.

The only problem though is the MSL-Buckeye needs to take a hit and lose a school or 2 that would result in the 2 schools to consider a change in conference affiliation because as things stand right now, they aren’t leaving the MSL-Buckeye. Teays Valley joining the potential new league proposed by Logan could help, but it’s not a guarantee that it’ll be enough. Additionally, the SVC has wanted to expand to 12 schools and could very well take Circleville and Logan Elm should they leave the MSL-Buckeye, and also add Eastern-Pike and Waverly from the SOC to create a big school-little school division setup.

Unioto is capable of joining the FAC in my opinion with the exception of Chillicothe (most sports and Jackson (at the least, football). Size-wise, they’d fit into the conference, but having played majority D4-D6, can they compete against D2-D4? I think the only way Unioto joins in this situation is if they were willing to replace Chillicothe as a FAC member should Chillicothe for some reason join the proposed new league or if the FAC decided to expand to 10-12 and create a big school-little school division format along with Waverly and limit the Chillicothe and Jackson matchups for Unioto and Waverly, but for the foreseeable future, that’s unlikely to happen. Additionally, I’d like to see Teays Valley and Vinton County be included in a 12 team big school-little school, but Teays Valley needs to leave the MSL-Buckeye for FAC expansion to have a chance of happening, and Vinton County has no reason to leave the TVC and probably won’t for quite sometime.

Honestly, the FAC needs to be patient and wait for dominoes to start falling in their favor and hold out at 6 members until 2 schools have a reason to join, and in the meantime, work on making the conference more appealing as a whole to schools considering joining.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

But this sounds like a good way to kill this league :lol:

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

GoBucks1047 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 am Since the FAC are only wanting to expand to 8, I think Circleville and Logan Elm make the most sense. They not only expand the geographical footprint of the conference, but create additional rivalries while not increasing travel too much. The longest trip in the league would still be Hillsboro-Jackson. Also, adding Circleville and Logan Elm may provide some news coverage into Columbus, or at least when one’s team plays either of the 2 schools.

The only problem though is the MSL-Buckeye needs to take a hit and lose a school or 2 that would result in the 2 schools to consider a change in conference affiliation because as things stand right now, they aren’t leaving the MSL-Buckeye. Teays Valley joining the potential new league proposed by Logan could help, but it’s not a guarantee that it’ll be enough. Additionally, the SVC has wanted to expand to 12 schools and could very well take Circleville and Logan Elm should they leave the MSL-Buckeye, and also add Eastern-Pike and Waverly from the SOC to create a big school-little school division setup.

Unioto is capable of joining the FAC in my opinion with the exception of Chillicothe (most sports and Jackson (at the least, football). Size-wise, they’d fit into the conference, but having played majority D4-D6, can they compete against D2-D4? I think the only way Unioto joins in this situation is if they were willing to replace Chillicothe as a FAC member should Chillicothe for some reason join the proposed new league or if the FAC decided to expand to 10-12 and create a big school-little school division format along with Waverly and limit the Chillicothe and Jackson matchups for Unioto and Waverly, but for the foreseeable future, that’s unlikely to happen. Additionally, I’d like to see Teays Valley and Vinton County be included in a 12 team big school-little school, but Teays Valley needs to leave the MSL-Buckeye for FAC expansion to have a chance of happening, and Vinton County has no reason to leave the TVC and probably won’t for quite sometime.

Honestly, the FAC needs to be patient and wait for dominoes to start falling in their favor and hold out at 6 members until 2 schools have a reason to join, and in the meantime, work on making the conference more appealing as a whole to schools considering joining.
If Circleville and Logan Elm were to ever leave the MSL, which I would be against, it would probably be to go to a larger SVC. Circleville and Logan Elm are about Unioto's size and Logan Elm has declining enrollment. Logan Elm will probably be D5 football/D3 other schools in a couple of more cycles.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Sid Farkus wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:06 pm
king kong wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:46 pm 1. Waverly wants out of the SOC and into the SVC, if they can’t compete being the largest school in the SOC II, why would they leave playing Burg and have to play Chilli and Jackson! Lol

2. Same for Unioto, unless the SVC boots them out, those wusses aren’t going anywhere! Most schools in the SVC struggle to get numbers for all sports, but struggle with golf, soccer, wrestling, track etc. Unioto dominates most sports, and it is only getting harder for a PV or Huntington to compete.
I have to agree with this. Unioto is too big of wusses to join a league that is filled with schools the same size as them.
I’m guessing Unioto pounds your school every year
Actually, no. We beat them in football this year. It's just a fact that they are too big for the SVC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

be careful what you wish for logan makes great sense. but then you factor in travel on weekday games of other sports. I watched the SEOAL dissolve because of being too widespread. it was from Zanesville to Portsmouth for crying out loud. it's hard on teams in our area. I watched ironton go from playing in the SEOAL to Independant to playing Goliath Catholic teams like Desales, Watterson, Hartley and the like because they could not get teams to play them to now being in the OVC and went 4-6 this year. my advice is don't grow too quickly, and certainly don't entertain compiling super conferences of 10-12 teams. grow slowly and steadily if there is the need for growth at all

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

These teams that are mentioned in joining the FAC should try to be scheduled for a few years just to see how it comes out, then go from there.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think that is an excellent idea reply.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
goblue1395
Freshman Team

2018 FAC Football Outlook

Post by goblue1395 »

Any insight on the current offseason participation for the teams around the league? Key returners? Coaching changes? Transfers and move-ins? I'm excited for this upcoming season!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: 2018 FAC Football offseason

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The title runs through Chillicothe and Jackson. You realize how hard that is to say for a Miami Trace Alum for the 70's

Return to “Football”