2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

SEOPS
Freshman Team

2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

Post by SEOPS »

Please post schedules, predictions, and any off season talk. Please post rosters, schedules and key returns on 2018 individual team pages.

Image Chillicothe Cavaliers viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67670

Image Hillsboro Indians viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67837

Image Jackson Ironmen viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65577

Image McClain Tigers viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67058

Image Miami Trace Panthers viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67838

Image Washington C.H. Blue Lions viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65580
Last edited by SEOPS on Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: FAC League, How long will it stay together??

Post by noreply66 »

Not saying they will but I can see Hillsboro and McClain going else where. Washington, Miami Trace Chillicothe and Jackson seem to be a good fit. Around 2020 they might have to find a couple schools to replace them. I could be hard to get a couple of more schools. SVC and the Mid-State schools would be crazy to join. In away you have two area conference if Hillsboro and McClain leave. Washington/Miami Trace [West]--Chillicothe/Jackson [East]. Football drives most conferences and I would think schools in the area of Jackson and Chillicothe wouldn't want to play football against them year in and year out. It looks like it would be easier for Miami Trace/Washington to get someone to play them from their area. Hillsboro or McClain could fit into the SVC or SOC. Travel time would be a factor for Athens and Logan to join even if they are a better fit.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Hey do not wish away the FAC after part of one season. Admittedly McClain has competitive football issues and few teams enjoy the road trip to Hillsboro. Give it a chance to develop. I still think it has the potential to be the elite conference in South East Ohio

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Jackson may realize that this is not the "old" SEOAL, but they will invest a lot of time and resources in this league to make it work. They just went through the alternative of not having a league, or I guess almost not having a league. Mediocre experience is probably better than no experience. Give it time, see if it morphs into something better.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The fac is going to be a great league. 2-3 good football teams each year , great basketball , going to be super fun

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Out of curiosity how does Jackson avoid the bane of school enrollment decline. Jackson is a good community with good schools. Yet they do not seem blessed with jobs or a tax base

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson is moving towards the d4 level in next 3-5 years

It's just part of the economy in southern Ohio

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The league isn't even a year old yet.......
Give it some time to gel.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:03 pm The league isn't even a year old yet.......
Oh I agree that's why I was shocked when I heard the things I heard. Hillsboro wants to be in a league with teams more in their area, that's what was said by a coach from Hillsboro. McClain I see going elsewhere as well when the time comes for them. We will see but I was pretty surprised by what I was hearing after just 1 football season.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:45 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:03 pm The league isn't even a year old yet.......
Oh I agree that's why I was shocked when I heard the things I heard. Hillsboro wants to be in a league with teams more in their area, that's what was said by a coach from Hillsboro. McClain I see going elsewhere as well when the time comes for them. We will see but I was pretty surprised by what I was hearing after just 1 football season.

I've talked to come school board members from
Various fac schools including Hillsboro and they like the new league . May have a mad coach here and there but that's everywhere . Very exciting new league

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Omega wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:34 pm Out of curiosity how does Jackson avoid the bane of school enrollment decline. Jackson is a good community with good schools. Yet they do not seem blessed with jobs or a tax base
I think this question is easy. And it’s not sports. Jackson has great athletic facilities and programs. But my guess is that for every kid that comes for sports, another leaves for the same reason. Answer to your question: It’s the performing and fine arts programs that Jackson offers. You won’t see that on most forums. But Jackson does get many open enrolled kids for these programs. Parents see the opportunities that the school provides to not just athletes but for kids with different talents and passions. And these aren't just programs that are offered and forgot about. They’re taken seriously and respected by the community. I’d bet Jackson has as many as 400-500 kids in the varying arts programs. That would be the entire enrollment of some surrounding schools. Might sound crazy to athletic passionate forum. But it’s the truth.
Also, I’d love to see the league stays a while.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I am excited for this league! I think we could be on to something. Yes, Hillsboro or Mcclain may drop but that gives way to schools able to join.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I like this league for several different reasons but ultimately in the money making sports it will always be a two team league as far as winning the league goes. If the other schools are ok with that it can last for long time

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'm not sure if there is any real talk of schools leaving, but I can't imagine that that would be inticing for other schools to join. To bring in other schools, they need to show that it would have a solid foundation.

To get schools to leave the solid MSL, SOC, or SVC, they need to show that some stability, IMO.

I hope they stay solid for 2-3 more years and then a couple of more schools will join. Circleville, Logan Elm, Unioto, Waverly would be the ideal additions if they were to try and add a couple. Zane Trace is about to shrink again in a couple of years, but would be possible as well.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

I have heard some of the rumblings from Highland County, with the main issues being distance (Jackson to Hillsboro, MS kids getting home very late through the week) and having only a six team league. If Hillsboro and McClain do leave, I think they could end up in their old league the SBC where Massie, Wilmington and E. Clinton landed. McClain would like to go to the SVC, but I don't see that anytime soon.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

domain master wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 am I have heard some of the rumblings from Highland County, with the main issues being distance (Jackson to Hillsboro, MS kids getting home very late through the week) and having only a six team league. If Hillsboro and McClain do leave, I think they could end up in their old league the SBC where Massie, Wilmington and E. Clinton landed. McClain would like to go to the SVC, but I don't see that anytime soon.
The Highland County Schools knew what the travel time was going to be before this went forward- Jackson did not just move to where they are yesterday. I have read some rumblings also from Hillsboro mostly about Chillicothe winning most of the Fall Sports Championships. I do not have a dog in the fight but I say to Hillsboro- get your teams to FAC Championship status. Hillsboro bowling has had great success but you do not hear the bowling followers complaining about FAC. Things will not change by going to other league- get your soccer, volleyball, football, cross country and golf teams up to FAC Championship status and there will no complaining. Greenfield probably will be a good fit for the SVC but I doubt that will not have any time soon. This has already been stated but Unioto would be a good fit for the FAC but Unioto likes being the top dog- Unioto won Volleyball, golf, boys cross country, 2nd in football and 2nd in girls cross country in the Fall Season. The other 7 schools are not complaining but rather doing what they can do to make their teams better to compete with Unioto.
I believe the FAC will last for awhile. What I do think may happen if Teays Valley and Hamilton Twp join with Groveport, Canal Winchester, Zanesville and Lancaster join forces to start a new league then Circleville and Logan Elm would bolt from the Mid State League and join the FAC. I do think the Teays Valley and Hamilton Twp move will happen in the next 3 years.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Who would have thought Chillicothe would dominate this league..... Everyone

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

bsee12345 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 am
domain master wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 am I have heard some of the rumblings from Highland County, with the main issues being distance (Jackson to Hillsboro, MS kids getting home very late through the week) and having only a six team league. If Hillsboro and McClain do leave, I think they could end up in their old league the SBC where Massie, Wilmington and E. Clinton landed. McClain would like to go to the SVC, but I don't see that anytime soon.
The Highland County Schools knew what the travel time was going to be before this went forward- Jackson did not just move to where they are yesterday. I have read some rumblings also from Hillsboro mostly about Chillicothe winning most of the Fall Sports Championships. I do not have a dog in the fight but I say to Hillsboro- get your teams to FAC Championship status. Hillsboro bowling has had great success but you do not hear the bowling followers complaining about FAC. Things will not change by going to other league- get your soccer, volleyball, football, cross country and golf teams up to FAC Championship status and there will no complaining. Greenfield probably will be a good fit for the SVC but I doubt that will not have any time soon. This has already been stated but Unioto would be a good fit for the FAC but Unioto likes being the top dog- Unioto won Volleyball, golf, boys cross country, 2nd in football and 2nd in girls cross country in the Fall Season. The other 7 schools are not complaining but rather doing what they can do to make their teams better to compete with Unioto.
I believe the FAC will last for awhile. What I do think may happen if Teays Valley and Hamilton Twp join with Groveport, Canal Winchester, Zanesville and Lancaster join forces to start a new league then Circleville and Logan Elm would bolt from the Mid State League and join the FAC. I do think the Teays Valley and Hamilton Twp move will happen in the next 3 years.
Why take cheap shots at Unioto? We haven’t won in football since the 80s and after this year b-ball will be wide open in the svc. All sports banners are nice but the two major sports are what matters. Talk to me when Chillicothe doesn’t win the fac in those sports every year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Catchup13 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:20 pm
Omega wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:34 pm Out of curiosity how does Jackson avoid the bane of school enrollment decline. Jackson is a good community with good schools. Yet they do not seem blessed with jobs or a tax base
I think this question is easy. And it’s not sports. Jackson has great athletic facilities and programs. But my guess is that for every kid that comes for sports, another leaves for the same reason. Answer to your question: It’s the performing and fine arts programs that Jackson offers. You won’t see that on most forums. But Jackson does get many open enrolled kids for these programs. Parents see the opportunities that the school provides to not just athletes but for kids with different talents and passions. And these aren't just programs that are offered and forgot about. They’re taken seriously and respected by the community. I’d bet Jackson has as many as 400-500 kids in the varying arts programs. That would be the entire enrollment of some surrounding schools. Might sound crazy to athletic passionate forum. But it’s the truth.
Also, I’d love to see the league stays a while.
jacskon also got a lot of families form say a gallia county when iot took the school systems here years to build schools and make changes.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 am
bsee12345 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 am
Why take cheap shots at Unioto? We haven’t won in football since the 80s and after this year b-ball will be wide open in the svc. All sports banners are nice but the two major sports are what matters. Talk to me when Chillicothe doesn’t win the fac in those sports every year.
Not taking any cheap shots at Unioto. Just stating that Unioto is very successful in SVC and other schools are not trying to jump ship from the SVC but that teams have to up their game if they want to compete. The Highland County crew need to step up their game if they want to compete not just complain because everybody else wins but us.
Both Hillsboro and Greenfield have had very successful programs in the past and then you did not here complaining but now they are struggling in some activities they want to complain about the other schools being to dominate. Get your activities up to FAC championship level is all I am saying.

Return to “Football”