2018 Frontier Athletic Conference

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: 2018 FAC Football offseason

Post by greygoose »

domain master wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:21 am Chilly and Jackson will fight it out. Greenfield will be 0-5. A six team league is not a good set up. 5 non conference games are tough. Expansion will be tough also. Rumor mill said Jackson wanted to add a couple teams near them, which will not happen as long as the 4 western teams have a vote. Have heard that Highland Co. schools are not happy with the travel to Jackson through the week. Look for McClain and Hillsboro to take a look at a different league when the opportunity presents itself. Who (realistic) could they add to make an 8 team league that would be available and where all teams could agree?
Yeah I was already hearing the McClain and especially Hillsboro were out at 1st chance and that was right after the football season this was being said by coaches. I look for both of them to try and land in a conference more western based for their area. Could be looking at some of the teams in the Adams county area who are just getting started. Southern Buckeye could be an outside shot as well.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 3:01 pm Washington CH or Jackson this year would be where my early money would be.

I don't see it as a sustainable league. 4-5 years max as it is now unless they can add teams and go East/West divisions.
I said this very thing very early on and people weren't believing talking about how great it was and how happy all the teams were. I think here we are not even a full school year in and people are already seeing the rigors of the driving and the unbalanced play in certain sports. I think Chillicothe has more options as far as where to go to get in a new league. Jackson with it's size and location is pretty limited when you start factoring in drive times and competition. Not sure how well it'd work for them or even if it's possible but Jackson almost needs in a football only league conference and not lump all sports together. People don't really grumble around to much for a few weeks out of the year, but when you toss all the other sports in there for parents of 2 and 3 sport players and just fans in general the travel gets very taxing, especially if you know the outcome before even making the trip. During the week trips are killers on these spread out schools.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

domain master wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:21 am Chilly and Jackson will fight it out. Greenfield will be 0-5. A six team league is not a good set up. 5 non conference games are tough. Expansion will be tough also. Rumor mill said Jackson wanted to add a couple teams near them, which will not happen as long as the 4 western teams have a vote. Have heard that Highland Co. schools are not happy with the travel to Jackson through the week. Look for McClain and Hillsboro to take a look at a different league when the opportunity presents itself. Who (realistic) could they add to make an 8 team league that would be available and where all teams could agree?

master, that is what doomed maybe the best league ever in these parts, the SEOAL. they got too widespread and the travel was from Zanesville to Portsmouth. I loved it football wise at the time. but like you said it was the weekly travel for other games, and kids getting in at 2am, then having school. that's what killed the league. and gas and propane prices. gas was well over 4 bucks a gallon at times during this league, and that meant less fans.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope that does not happen to this league.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Do you guys know when McLain and Hillsboro are leaving ? Will they be gone by this fall ? And who would be a likely replacement?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:45 pm Do you guys know when McLain and Hillsboro are leaving ? Will they be gone by this fall ? And who would be a likely replacement?
I don't believe they'll be gone this fall, hard to believe we're getting so close to that time it's a little late on that move. They're going to wait for the right league to jump to, I think you may see Hillsboro jump out before McClain just depends on the league.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Let em leave. Hillsboro doesn’t seem happy about anything. McClain tough times a bit but they don’t seem to hate the league.

Did Hillsboro not vote yes to this new league? Where the heck would they go? SBAAC and be the only SE district team in the league? Being a Ross Co guy I don’t want to see them leave and I like the league. Schools have very very nice athletic facilities and the athletes are there.

If they don’t want to be in the league, then just leave. Have fun playing Madison Plains, Clinton Massie, Blanchester, Wilmington and whoever else. Might as well ask to be in the SW District for sports too.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

I agree with Ed, let both teams go back to their old league the SBC. Highland Co. shares border with Clinton and Brown Co. where * league teams reside. The Clermont Co is a short drive down 32. They have big school (Hillsboro) and small school (McClain) divisions. Being in the SE or SW doesn't matter until tourney time, what makes difference who or where they play. Cant help it that they are on the district line.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LOL, so in a team 6 team league your 1st instinct is to say, "just let them go"? Not like it matters one way or the other but I hope others wouldn't have that same mentality. You're not going to change their minds if they want to leave but that's how leagues fall apart. So you say let them go and the league goes from 6 down to 4. That happens unless they get some newcomers that leaves them finding 7 non-conference games and a league that will soon end.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Alright back to the original purpose for this thread. What are the weight room numbers like across the league? Any move-ins or transfers thus far? For WCH I'd say they have about 20 core guys that are consistently in the weightroom, with another 10 or so that come and go and then others that are finishing up track/baseball. Saw the football team working out before the FAC track meet yesterday and they look big and athletic for the most part. Didn't see their returning QB Steward, though , and I didn't see him out on the track team either. It seems that they have a good nucleus of guys that are pretty dedicated thus far. Can't wait for FOOTBALL season!

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

Hillsboro should return a very nice offense. Keets was academically ineligible for the 2nd half of basketball season, so he will need to get those issues cleared up. With him, they will have as productive of an offense as anyone in the league. They will need to improve greatly from last season's defensive effort to compete for the league crown though.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I love when my TVC pals say the fac is Jackson and Chillicothe only. Go schedule Court and Hillsboro ....

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe is losing a lot of talent off of last years FAC championship team Specifically All State and league MVP QB Brandon Maughmer along with Connor Mathis And both Rodrick brothers. The Chillicothe Offense is going to revolve around JJ Harris who is an explosive Athlete who could play receiver, running back and could even see time at the QB roll as a dual threat type of player along with Harris Look for Adrien Beverly who is a good Athlete to step up as the starting QB Chillicothe's O Line will be much better this season and The receiving core will be very good as well. I look for chilli to be very solid again.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

joeboggs1 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:45 pm Hillsboro should return a very nice offense. Keets was academically ineligible for the 2nd half of basketball season, so he will need to get those issues cleared up. With him, they will have as productive of an offense as anyone in the league. They will need to improve greatly from last season's defensive effort to compete for the league crown though.
I heard that Hillsboro graduated their entire starting offensive line, is this true?

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:39 pm Chillicothe is losing a lot of talent off of last years FAC championship team Specifically All State and league MVP QB Brandon Maughmer along with Connor Mathis And both Rodrick brothers. The Chillicothe Offense is going to revolve around JJ Harris who is an explosive Athlete who could play receiver, running back and could even see time at the QB roll as a dual threat type of player along with Harris Look for Adrien Beverly who is a good Athlete to step up as the starting QB Chillicothe's O Line will be much better this season and The receiving core will be very good as well. I look for chilli to be very solid again.
Does Brandon Maughmer's younger brother play football or does he just stick to basketball? He's a great athlete as well.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

goblue1395 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:38 am
joeboggs1 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:45 pm Hillsboro should return a very nice offense. Keets was academically ineligible for the 2nd half of basketball season, so he will need to get those issues cleared up. With him, they will have as productive of an offense as anyone in the league. They will need to improve greatly from last season's defensive effort to compete for the league crown though.
I heard that Hillsboro graduated their entire starting offensive line, is this true?

I'm not sure if the entire line is gone or not, but I know at least a big part of it is gone. The line is definitely the biggest concern offensively. Their skill kids will compare with anyone they play.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Re: 2018 FAC Football Offseason Talk and Outlook

Post by Ohio1234 »

Went to watch Chillicothe's first 7on7 against Hamilton Township and boy was i impressed at the early summer efficiency there were. The QB competition is heating up and i must say that Adrien Beverly has a cannon and throws a beautiful ball. The young benson kid is also very accurate and has the look . as expected JJ Harris is a baller and outside of the QB from Court House will be the most explosive player in this league. Chillicothe needs to find a play maker at running back though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:28 am Went to watch Chillicothe's first 7on7 against Hamilton Township and boy was i impressed at the early summer efficiency there were. The QB competition is heating up and i must say that Adrien Beverly has a cannon and throws a beautiful ball. The young benson kid is also very accurate and has the look . as expected JJ Harris is a baller and outside of the QB from Court House will be the most explosive player in this league. Chillicothe needs to find a play maker at running back though.
Chillicothe will have the best overall athletes. Chillicothe is the champ until they are knocked off. WCH will be very dangerous. Hillsboro will be tough. Jackson will be very good on defense and the offense should be solid.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Have any other FAC teams besides Chillicothe had any 7-7’s yet? I was able to catch a little bit of WCH’s 7-7 with Huntington today. Offense looked very explosive, Defense struggled at times and I’m not sure if they were missing some kids but there were some kids that weren’t there that I know didn’t graduate. A lot of new faces in the Blue Lion defense today. I was talking to a parent who said they have a move in Wide Receiver from Arizona. I was able to see him for the first time today and wow, the kid is special. Very fluid and fast, he will be a mismatch for most DB’s around. They had him on the outside with 6’5 receiver Rich Burns in the slot. The other outside receiver, Lynch, is a junior, and is a true burner. He will be tough to keep up with. QB Steward is very special, he will be the best player in the league in my honest opinion. He looked extremely sharp today for an early July 7-7. Can’t wait for Friday night Football!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson has been in a couple hosting one and traveling to Dayton to another.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”