Unique features of your team’s stadium

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Unique features of your team’s stadium

Post by Tartanblue »

Thewaterboy69 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 am Some people may like it but I don't that stupid cannon coal grove fires up when they score a touchdown I think that's so stupid!!!! Go ironton
Is that because you have to hear cannons when Ironton plays at Burg as well?

TacoSalad
Waterboy

Post by TacoSalad »

Fairland - Wasn't the main part of the home side of stadium condemned in the 80s or early 90's? It was slightly repaired and still standing. Maybe someone can confirm this??
Gallia Academy - Field sets down a hill. Several people in houses overlooking the field watch the games from their back porches.

Before responding to my posts please remove your blinders. I just tell it how I see it.
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:27 pm The old Logan school had a victory bell. If the weather conditions were right you could hear it all over Logan.
We still have the victory bell noreply. It just sits there though.

P.S. I know you know that. That was some sarcasm and self-deprecating humor.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Even with a win it doesn't sound the same. Sets too Low. It needs to sit on top of the Press box so it can be heard down through the valley. Mount it on the press box and run a rope down into where the Logan coaches sit so one of them can ring it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Thewaterboy69 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 am Some people may like it but I don't that stupid cannon coal grove fires up when they score a touchdown I think that's so stupid!!!! Go ironton
I hate the cannon too... probably for the same reason as you 😂 If I were an Ironton fan, I'd have a constant hatred of cannons myself.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
TacoSalad
Waterboy

Post by TacoSalad »

OVC wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 pm
I hate the cannon too... probably for the same reason as you 😂 If I were an Ironton fan, I'd have a constant hatred of cannons myself.
Best part about the cannon is when you are standing along the fence and have forgot about the cannon. Then the genius they put in charge of the cannon points it at you and discharges the cannon. The noise sucks but getting hit by the air and dust/non-combusted powder in the air from the cannon is worse.

Before responding to my posts please remove your blinders. I just tell it how I see it.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

trojandave wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:56 pm I love Trojan Coliseum, where the fans can sit close to the field, with no track separation. Concession area is a little crowded, but the bathrooms are as spacious as any I've seen. The view of Portsmouth from the home side when it is still daylight is spectacular. The stones surrounding the field give it a coliseum feel, and so far there haven't been any injury issues with them.
I also love how you are right on the field there as well, I really dig that.very classy looking place , I agree.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ironton used to have a military style cannon as well. many years ago, if memory serves me correct. I think it was kinda small, but still very loud, didn't me. I swear the older I get the more things I question.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Fairland Stadium was not condemned. Structural engineer told them it would not pass inspection. They went in and shored up the foundation and such. It passed after the fix.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

THE CHICK MONSTER has been around for years at memorial field.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:54 am I LOVE THE NOSTALGIA OF THE COVERED STADIUM AT IRONTON WHERE THE MIGHTY IRONTON TANKS ONCE PLAYED. AND THE OLD LOCKER ROOMS OF THE DAY. IT HAS AMPLE SEATING A NEW TURF, NICE SCOREBOARD BANNERS ALL OVER THE PLACE. TIGER ALLEY IS A PLACE FANS JUST LOVE TO LOOK AT THAT HAVE NEVER SEEN IT. AND IT IS JUST REALLY NEAT HOW IT IS SETUP, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE NEVER SAW IT BEFORE.
as a visiting team once, coming into play the fighting tigers, it was just as historical for a visiting team as it is for the lifelong tiger faithful. The feeling coming out into Tank stadium was a feeling that will never be forgotten!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson Alumni Stadium is first class in all areas. There is not a nicer high school stadium in southern OH. Most colleges do not have the state of the art facility as the Alumni Stadium has on the hill.........first class all the way

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:54 am I LOVE THE NOSTALGIA OF THE COVERED STADIUM AT IRONTON WHERE THE MIGHTY IRONTON TANKS ONCE PLAYED. AND THE OLD LOCKER ROOMS OF THE DAY. IT HAS AMPLE SEATING A NEW TURF, NICE SCOREBOARD BANNERS ALL OVER THE PLACE. TIGER ALLEY IS A PLACE FANS JUST LOVE TO LOOK AT THAT HAVE NEVER SEEN IT. AND IT IS JUST REALLY NEAT HOW IT IS SETUP, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE NEVER SAW IT BEFORE.
as a visiting team once, coming into play the fighting tigers, it was just as historical for a visiting team as it is for the lifelong tiger faithful. The feeling coming out into Tank stadium was a feeling that will never be forgotten!
I've heard that from so very many people through the years , thank you for sharing that. I remember when Pickerington central came there. they had like 100 players,not counting coaches, assistants, trainers, managers, and that small visitor's locker room. there were people everywhere. Cincinnati cape's coach just loved the place, as did coach jacoby when he was at desales. the cape coach told me it was the most intimidating place he ever coached or played in once.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Pre 1969 Raidiger Field in Waverly featured a "walking path" across the playing field. Students from the project homes behind the school took a short cut across the playing field as they walked to school.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
KaneBrown
Waterboy

Post by KaneBrown »

Honestly the unique thing about Eastern High School's football stadium is that you pretty much have to bring your own seat due to there only being one set of bleachers. You either have to pull up a truck along side the field or bring a lawnchair, and it just really brings out a Meigs County vibe.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I absolutely love Ed Miller stadium at the burg. My seats are pretty much on the 50 approx 5 rows up and with the very limited amount of space from the sideline to the stands you are virtually on top of the action. The sound system in the stadium is second to none in this area and between plays or during pregame it is rocking inside the stadium. concessions are easily accessible. We need a few more seats on the visitors side but the hill provides a good place to lay out a blanket or set up a comfy fold out chair. Not too bad parking and no 3$ charge to park And the type of play out of the team has been pretty fun to watch the last few years also

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

victor creed wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:05 pm I absolutely love Ed Miller stadium at the burg. My seats are pretty much on the 50 approx 5 rows up and with the very limited amount of space from the sideline to the stands you are virtually on top of the action. The sound system in the stadium is second to none in this area and between plays or during pregame it is rocking inside the stadium. concessions are easily accessible. We need a few more seats on the visitors side but the hill provides a good place to lay out a blanket or set up a comfy fold out chair. Not too bad parking and no 3$ charge to park And the type of play out of the team has been pretty fun to watch the last few years also
Burg is a good place to watch a game if you get there in time to get the right seat. Great atmosphere in the entire place.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

When Minford first reconfigured their football stadium the surface was really fast. My 40 time was quicker there than anywhere else at the time...

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

If we are talking about UNIQUE features. We can’t forget about the 2017 DV State Championship Plaque hanging near the entrance of Ed Miller Stadium. 😉

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

bsee12345 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:12 pm At Unioto there is nothing about the actual stadium however you park at high school and walk thru an underground tunnel that is under the road between the high school and stadium.
It's been a while since I've been to a game there, maybe 15 years ago. When did they install the tunnel? And did fans just walk across the street before it was built?

Return to “Football”