Buttermore leaves Tri-Valley for Granville

teach1coach2
All State

Buttermore leaves Tri-Valley for Granville

Post by teach1coach2 »

Justin Buttermore accepted the Granville head football coaching job. Met with TV players and told them today. Big gain for Granville. Big loss for Tri-Valley. I wish him all the luck in the world. He certainly put Tri-Valley football on the state map.

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Buttermore leaves Tri-Valley for Granville

Post by cbolt »

Wow big earth shattering news! I have always respected what this man has done for them, could be a gamechanger for the Scotties but I wish them well with life after Buttermore.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

any reason why?

AT THE RESERVATION
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

They may get the same down spiraling results from Buttermore leaving, as Logan did/and is, when Amyx retired as head Chief for Logan. Good luck to the Scotties.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

1987chieftains wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:21 pm any reason why?
Bet more $$ had something to do with it.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:32 pm They may get the same down spiraling results from Buttermore leaving, as Logan did/and is, when Amyx retired as head Chief for Logan. Good luck to the Scotties.
Like Amyx, he probably saw nothing is coming and a good time to leave. Interesting he would go to a smaller school

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:12 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:32 pm They may get the same down spiraling results from Buttermore leaving, as Logan did/and is, when Amyx retired as head Chief for Logan. Good luck to the Scotties.
Like Amyx, he probably saw nothing is coming and a good time to leave. Interesting he would go to a smaller school
Again Raider. Amyx retiring had nothing to do with product coming up. No one, and I repeat no one can look into the future that far. That's common sense. Amyx has been asked about why, and it had nothing to do with future visions. He was ready to retire and spend more time with his family.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Im sure the MVL is happy

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I bet they are, but I also bet that Tri-Valley will still be a contender this year. Take awhile for Buttermore's touch to demise from they're system.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:18 pm
Again Raider. Amyx retiring had nothing to do with product coming up. No one, and I repeat no one can look into the future that far. That's common sense. Amyx has been asked about why, and it had nothing to do with future visions. He was ready to retire and spend more time with his family.
Better tell Raider again.... he is real slow at sports

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:14 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Better tell Raider again.... he is real slow at sports
:P Tried to get him in some Logan apparel but he's negative about it. :) I'll remember that when Athens does something good sometime. No green for me. :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:52 pm I bet they are, but I also bet that Tri-Valley will still be a contender this year. Take awhile for Buttermore's touch to demise from they're system.
I’m just surprised he would go to Granville. They must have thrown a bunch of cash at him. Anything under 9-1 is a demise. Tri Valley starts off with three cupcakes but the MVL is a lot stronger than in past years. TV lost a lot

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Atown plays a tray fall of cupcakes tvc. A school that should be ashamed to be playing in the TVC. Another lose to NY [NY & Trimble are the TVC non-cupcakes] and they will be putting in for the PVC. Atown with all their winnings over the last several years still can't get fans to come see them. When you stink you stink.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Chiefs have been down, but far from a cupcake. Should be pulling out of all the problems this year. We open with Tri-valley. Raider with another poke at the Chiefs. Chiefs could have beat Athens again last year, if more in game adjustments would have been made. It was very noticeable.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Wow.

Shocked to read this. Really thought Buttermore was bound for the OCC once he was done with the Scotties. Had heard he interviewed for a couple of really good OCC jobs.

I think Granville has some good classes coming. But see this more as a lateral move.

teach1 -

Do you think TV looks in house? Is there a top assistant ready? Or will they go external?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

There is only 1 "in house" coach who might apply. If he applies I think he will get it. Buttermore likely is taking 1 guy with him. 2 other coaches are administrators and heard they were told going into season they would not be able to coach anymore (and that season ends with a state runnerup team). So 4 coaches gone already. If someone is hired from the outside, they might have to find almost an entire staff.

Buttermore is moving to Granville (they do NOT have open enrollment). A loss no one is mentioning is Buttermore's sons who will be a junior and freshmen. Both solid skill players. Nice kids off the field, but football smart and nasty mean on the gridiron.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Can't remember this much coaching "movement" this late in the season. How will this affect the dominos?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 am Can't remember this much coaching "movement" this late in the season. How will this affect the dominos?
That's one reason I asked about "in house" candidates. That would limit some collateral damage.

RespectAllFearNone
Freshman Team

Post by RespectAllFearNone »

Huge for Granville, not so much for TV

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

They went with an outside hire.

From state runner up to the entire coaching staff gone. Wow.

Return to “Football”